Play

Butterflies: A BangDae one shot compilation

Paintbrush expertly poised to paint the most perfect nightscape ever seen, Yongguk had his tongue between his teeth, a symbol of his utmost concentration, only to have that intense attention to detail shattered by one magic voice. Turning, he watched as the man stood on the stage, script in hand. He was beautiful, no doubt, someone who could hold Yongguk’s attention without so much as an ounce of effort, but the real reason he couldn’t help but stare was the content oh his script. The stunning man was delivering the most ridiculous lines in the an equally serious tone, as though the words themselves weren’t quite registering in his mind.

 

The actor had the most animated facial expressions he had ever seen, his movements exaggerated for the imaginary audience he was currently preforming for. After a particularly impassioned speech about how his character ended up stumbling into a group of nuns, Yongguk could hold back no longer. A laughter escaped him, making the actor jump and turn to face him, eyes wide and startled as though he hadn’t realized anyone else was in the theater with him.

 

“I’m sorry. It’s just...” Chuckling, Yongguk sat down his brush and held up his hands to show he meant no harm. “You were just talking about ripping your pants off after snagging them on a stick like you were giving a eulogy for your dog. It’s maybe the funniest thing I have ever seen.”

“Oh god.” Groaning, the pretty man covered his face with his hands and sighed heavily. “I’ve honestly only ever played in dramas. I don’t know how to be funny.”

 

“I don’t know. I think you’ll pull it off just fine.” Extending his hand, he smiled. “My name’s Yongguk. I paint the sets. But if you want to use me to practice on, I promise to give only practical and encouraging advice.”

 

“Really?” Lowering his hands, the man seemed hopeful, eyes bright with enthusiasm. “Oh my god, you would be my hero.”

 

“Yeah, but only if you tell me your name.” Grinning, Yongguk nodded happily. “And then I would be more than happy to help you with this.”

 

“Oh . . My name is Daehyun.” Blushing, the gorgeous actor smacked his forehead with his palm, clearly annoyed with himself. “Um. I’ll buy you dinner if you help me out tonight.”

 

“Come on. Dinner is on me. You don’t owe me anything for helping you.” Nodding toward the door, Yongguk gave him a dorky grin. “You seem like a great actor and I really just want to see you succeed out there.”

 

“I owe you so much.” Daehyun hugged him, taking Yongguk mildly by surprised.

 

“Nah. Just make sure you do my sets justice.” Laughing at the mock scandalized look Daehyun threw at him, Yongguk sat his hand on the top of his hair, ruffling it slightly.

 

“Ulterior motives. I should have known.” Sticking his tongue out, Daehyun crossed his arms over his chest, pouting.

 

“Help you to help me.” Grinning, Yongguk winked at him, earning a smile in return. He could tell that the time he spent helping the actor was going to be worth much more than the actual effort he was going to put into it. He was more excited for that than he was for painting his sets.