marry me because I'm yours.

Marry Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Just because we can't be together doesn't mean I don't love you” 
―Cecily von Ziegesar

 

 

Now she was really confused. 

 

He pulled away and looked at her with a half-lidded gaze. "Open your mouth." he breathed.

 

With bulging eyes, she did as what she was told and opened them. A surprised yelp came out from her lips when he swooped in and took —but this time, it was powerful... more sensual... more...

 

"Uhhhhh."

 

Oh my god, did I just moan?

 

Her cheeks reddened at her involuntary action. Embarrassed, she tried to pull away but his lips were far too firm on hers. His eyes were open—scanning her reaction with a mix of determination and was that... helplessness? 

 

The next thing Dara knew, her arms were encircling his neck while he continued to smother her with his kiss. In fact, they were so caught up with that they didn't notice that their little pow-wow was making a ruckus since they were still going at it on his wooden doors. From the other side, Chaerin watched her boss' door with a curious eye, wondering what all the knocking was about. Were they playing a game or something? 

 

She broke the kiss, panting and breathing heavily on the side of his cheek while his head rested on the wall, shoulders heaving as well. 

 

"W-What... just happ-pened?" Came her shaky voice. 

 

A shudder erupted from her when he felt his smooth thumb glide over her upper lip. She didn't know if he was looking down at her or not and she didn't really want to find out. She felt that if she got more so of a glance of him, she would explode. 

 

"I kissed you." 

 

There was a pause and only their ragged breathing was heard. But then the girl burst out into the biggest smile and Jiyong saw it. The corners of his mouth curled slightly as he placed a chaste peck on the crown of her head. Gripping his suit to get his attention, Dara tugged at it and Jiyong tilted his head questioningly. 

 

"Kiss me again." 

 

Kwon Jiyong obeyed with no problem. He tipped her chin towards him and took her grinning lips. He could feel that happy shape of and it just made him finally erupt into his own smile. His hands found hers and he entwined it, bringing them up over her head while he continued to ravish her with his mouth. Dara's back started to arch at the sweet sensation while he started to growl at her sugary taste. 

 

There were times were they would part but they come back together all too soon. At this point, it was as if their lips were magnetized to each other. It seemed like nothing can break them off, not even—

 

*KNOCK* *KNOCK* *KNOCK*

 

"Mr. Kwon?" 

 

Jiyong grunted irritably over but he continued nonetheless. They didn't know how long they've been kissing but one thing's for sure. They weren't getting tired of it. 

 

"Mr. Kwon." *KNOCK* *KNOCK* "Is everything alright?" 

 

Feeling completely annoyed, he broke off from her and barked an irate, "WHAT?!" He heard Dara chuckle in his ear as her head lolled forward to his shoulder. 

 

"I... uhm..." Chaerin cleared professionally. "I... uhhh... there were sounds..." it came out more of a question than a statement and both of the suspects blushed at the realization. "Should I cancel your 2 o'clock?" 

 

He was about to answer when Dara suddenly stood up and left him kneeling confused on the ground. She let out a soft chuckle and put her hand out for him to take. Jiyong looked at it as if it was the first time she's ever done that to him. The man looked like an adorable lost child.

 

Feeling cheeky, Dara lightly hit him on the head with it and just like that, he was out of his daze and he was giving her his signature glares. Jiyong eventually took it and Dara immediately got butterflies in her stomach. Thing were going alright when she noticed that smirk on his face. 

 

From then on she knew that she ed up. 

 

As Jiyong was getting up, he suddenly pulled her forcefully. She was about to faceplant to the ground when she faceplanted instead on to his chest. He smiled knowingly down at her before quietly urging her to go back to their dutifully ignored food. Disoriented, Dara just found herself nodding and walking over to the couches like a zombie. When she heard the door open, she peeked over the back rest of the coach only to see Jiyong blocking Chaerin. 

 

His secretary was instantly met by his piercing eyes that obviously restrained anger. Thankfully she was already immune to that seeing as how she's been handling him ever since he started in the company. 

 

"What?" Came his growl.

 

The man was clearly blocking her view of Dara since he was practically towering over her. It also didn't help the fact that her lovely boss just opened the door for a sliver.She tried to tip-toe up to get a better look inside but he'd tip-toe up too, ultimately ridding her of that chance. 

 

"Where's Dara unnie?" she inquired suspiciously. 

 

"Eating." he said simply, closing the door in front of her only to be stopped by her foot.

 

She raised a brow. "What were all the sounds?" 

 

"What... sounds...?" 

 

"." she replied instantly. "A girl's , specifically a Sandara Park girl's ." 

 

He cleared his throat and looked at her with a straight face. "She was enjoying her food." 

 

"But there were other noise." 

 

He sighed irritably and gave her a flat look. "I don't have time for this, Lee Chaerin." 

 

"Why were you guys knocking?" she cut in sharply.

 

"Knocking?" he looked genuinely bemused. "Knocking on what?" 

 

She shrugged but the sour, judgmental look on her face still remained. "I don't know... but the door kept clamoring and..." she peered at him. "I was getting mighty suspicious, Kwon."

 

"I'm your superior, Chaerin." he bellowed, diverting away from the topic. "I know we're acquaintances but I'd much rather call me respectfully."

 

She flashed him a knowing look and then shouted, "HEY UNNIE!" 

 

Almost instantly, Jiyong scrambled to get the door closed but Chaerin was a fighter. She struggled to open it but then someone's sweet voice came into the picture. 

 

"YEAH?" Dara shouted back. 

 

"WHAT WERE YOU DOING IN THERE?" 

 

Jiyong quickly turned to Dara and gave her a threatening look. "You better shut your damn mouth." he gritted. 

 

Dara laughed and popped a piece of chicken in . "WHAT DID JIYONG SAY?"

 

"Dara!" he barked. 

 

"HE SAID YOU WERE ENJOYING YOUR MEAL AND IT MADE YOU MOAN." 

 

She was now full-on belly laughing. "HELL YEAH, I ENJOYED MY MEAL!" Dara hooted. "GET OUT OF HERE SO I CAN KEEP EATING, YOU NOSY HUSSY!" she snickered.   

 

Chaerin giggled and looked at him knowingly. Like the ballsy girl that she was, Chaerin casually fixed his tie. He was about to roar for her to get back to work when her thumb suddenly wiped something off his lips. On instinct, Jiyong smacked her hand away and looked at her as if she had two heads. She laughed again, shaking her head as she headed back to her post.

 

"I see Dara unnie wore her glossy lipstick today." She winked.

 

Jiyong instantly slammed the door close and marched towards the older woman like a raging bull. On the other hand, Sandara Park was just leisurely stuffing her face with her favorite Chinese take out. 

 

When he kept staring angrily at her without making a peep, she glanced at him and gave an innocent raise of the brows. "What?" She squeaked.

 

The next thing she knew, his mouth was on hers and his fingers were clumped against her hair. Dara let out another yelp of surprise before she finally relaxed to the pace. When they let go, they were both breathing as if they were fish out of water. Okay, that's a little bit of an exaggeration but they were still breathing pretty heavily. 

 

"You really shock me sometimes, Yong-ah." she sighed, clutching his tie and pulling him down for a chaste kiss. 

 

He smiled against her cheek and leaned away, combing his hair. "I surprise myself sometimes too, old hag." 

 

Dara humphed and crossed her arms, "Old hag, huh?" she snorted, "You sure had your wicked way with this old hag." 

 

He chuckled softly before dropping down beside her and taking a huge bite of food. "Keep eating." he mumbled distractedly. "I'm pretty sure we're way over our lunch break now." 

 

Happily, she obliged although her mind can't help but go back to the events from earlier. She felt like she was on top of the world. He finally responded! Although it wasn't verbal like she hoped, actions spoke louder than words after all. 

 

"Hey."

 

Dara turned to him expectantly, eyes glinting with hope. "Wha—" And just like that, the lingering romance from earlier vanished. The man-child shoved a spoon of food into , making her hack and choke. Of course, Kwon Jiyong burst out into fits of laughter while she tried not to die. 

 

The audacity...

 

But then her mind lingered to somewhere else. Just like that, they were suddenly back to the rambunctious duo who kept teasing and playing with each other. Dara gulped the forming lump on . What if it wasn't real? What if he just did it to stop her from her babbling. Looking back on it now, Jiyong was really good at diverting away from the problem because he would consistently distract you from it. It doesn't help that he was a denier either. The gnawing feeling sunk deep within her as he stared solemnly at him, deciphering what was going into his mind. 

 

"Jiyong." she whispered. 

 

To think that she could go happy and melancholic in a flash.

 

"Yeah?" he muttered absently.

 

Just because of the same guy. 

 

"Why did you kiss me?" 

 

He immediately grew still. 

 

"Why?" she repeated albeit hoarsely. 

 

He sighed and surprised her again when he pulled her closer to him by hugging an arm across her shoulder. He remained quiet for a long time, seemingly in thought, while Dara was practically chewing on her nails from anticipation. 

 

"Jiyong—"

 

"Can you give me time?" he cut in faintly. "I... I need to sort everything out first." 

 

She gave him a curious look as she made him face her. "What 'everything'?" she questioned softly. 

 

With another sigh to his lips, he weakly rested his forehead on hers. Dara couldn't help but savor such close proximity. They've never been so physically close like this. Of course, they've kissed... amongst other things... but this was endearing and genuine. It was a small little act yet it hold a lot of deeper meanings. She was letting her invade his personal space. She fully trusted him with her space.

 

They say that if you meet somebody and your heart pounds, your hands shake, and your knees go weak, that's not the one. But when you meet your 'soul mate', you'll feel calm. No anxiety, no agitation. Just pure unadulterated bliss.

 

"Myself." he replied simply, not elaborating anymore. Dara respected that. It hurt her to know that he was hiding something from her but he'll give her this one. 

 

It's not like she wasn't hiding a few secrets from her own. 

 

She smiled reassuringly. "Okay." 

 

Especiall

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter