marry me because we can't stand not being together.

Marry Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"The heart wants what it wants. There's no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that's that."

-Woody Allen

 

 

"Uhmm, excuse me but what the just happened there?" 

 

Dara blinked innocently at him. Jiyong grunted in irritation. 

 

"Dara." he hissed. 

 

"Is it your first time being confessed to in public?" 

 

He looked at her as if she had three heads. "What?" 

 

She peered at him ever-so slightly. It was as if she was inspecting him thoroughly and Jiyong felt like he was being undressed. He coughed uncomfortably and covered her eyes, only making a smile appear on her face. The sight made him snatch his hand back and glare at her menacingly. 

 

"You're really handsome, Kwon Jiyong." the man scoffed, fighting against a blush. "I mean like really really handsome. I wouldn't be surprised if you have girls throwing themselves at you 24/7. You're a real catch, y'know." 

 

Wordlessly, Jiyong started walking away from her but Dara was following close behind. 

 

"Your face structure is amazing and your cute little moles are adorable! Your body... man... do you know that I keep a shirtless picture of you in my wallet?" 

 

He instantly stopped making Dara land on his back with an 'oof'. Jiyong expected her to move back after the collision but the woman did the unthinkable. She wrapped her arms around him and sniffed his back. In a panic, he quickly removed himself and looked at her accusingly. 

 

"You're ing scaring me here." he breathed. "Stop it." 

 

Dara frowned to herself in thought but then burst out into a gentle smile. To appease him, she took a large step back. When he still look rattled, Dara stepped back again but this time she just kept going. She took slow backward steps while she continued to face him with that soft smile. Jiyong was left standing there, confused out of his mind. His instincts were telling him to follow her but he was just too overwhelmed by the absurdity of what was happening. 

 

Her steps halted when the gap between them grew larger. They could still see each other but they were too far away to notice the little details either of them had. Her icy hands gripped her bag strap tightly as she saluted him with her spare hand. 

 

"What are you doing?" she heard him say. 

 

Dara merely answered with a wave and an, "I'll see you tomorrow!" before she turned around and walked the opposite direction from him.  

 

Jiyong took a step forward but that's when he snapped out of his trance. Someone bumped into him but his gaze remained lock on the woman who kept walking farther away. The sound surrounding him fell mute in his ears while his body grew warm.

 

Did she really just confess and ask him for his hand in marriage? 

 

That was so 2000's.

 

He messed his hair incredulously and let it slip to his reddened face.

 

"What the... ...."

 

 

When he dropped by her house for dinner, her mother said that Dara hadn't come home yet. Worried, he only took a few bites of food before he finally couldn't take it anymore. He excused himself and strode towards Dara's room to check if Mrs. Park wasn't just ing with him. His brows furrowed when she found her room empty. It was already 8:30 and she still wasn't home.

 

Where the hell is she?

 

Jiyong left the Park house with hurried steps. He'd already texted Seunghyun about this but he has yet to respond. He texted Dara—one too many times actually—but she hasn't answered either. He was a mess and he knew it. Heck, everyone who passed by him thought so too. The man was acting as if he's looking for a person that's been missing for a week when in reality, she's only been missing for less than 5 hours. 

 

In the end he found himself in their building, the Kwon Towers, as a last resort. He would've thought that he would easily find her in the restaurants, parks, or soju stalls they frequent but it seemed like Dara didn't really want to be found. 

 

Being part-CEO that he was, he didn't even need to get identified when he entered the place. The man had a face that everyone in their entire company knew. He was known for being quiet and reserved but that definitely changed whenever he's with Dara—which is almost everyday. Everyone thought that they were a couple from how often they see each other at work but they would always get shot down with the 'we're only friends' spiel. 

 

"Is Dara here?" 

 

Sandara Park was another familiar face in the organization. It wasn't because she held a high position just like him. Actually, she was just one of the many floor managers in the building. Initially, she refused the offer of working with the Kwons because she thought that she was taking advantage of them. But when the Kwon folks told them that it was their repayment for everything that their family had done... she still didn't cave.

 

It was only when Jiyong talked her into it that she finally agreed. He told her that she was the reason he went into business despite her warning him about it. He told her that she saw how capable and professional she was seeing her do her practice presentations in front of him when she was in college. He said he wanted her to make their company even greater with her help and she fell for it. 

 

What a ing smooth talker. 

 

The guard nodded, "I think I saw her come in—" Jiyong didn't even let him finish since he was already running towards the elevator. He was about to miss it when he slipped his hand in before the door closed. The people inside gasped at the sight of their boss but the latter paid them no mind. From the corner of his eye, he could see people hurrying to reach the elevator but he already pushed the button. 

 

"Take the stairs." he hissed before the door closed shut. 

 

The air in the elevator was really tense and it made the people gulp and shift uncomfortably in their spots. Who wouldn't feel apprehensive to see to see the person in charge of their whole lives tapping his feet irritably as silent curses erupted from his lips. They felt like he was going to fire them right then and there but when the elevator dinged open and he left, they all shared a relieved sigh and a comforting group hug. Good job keeping it together, team. 

 

Since it was already closing time, there were only a few people left in the 5th floor. The few people who remained there shot their heads up in shock when they saw Kwon Jiyong. They shouldn't be surprised seeing him now since he always comes visit their floor because Dara was here. 

 

But she wasn't here right now so it confused them. 

 

"Is s-something wrong, sir?" One spoke up. 

 

Jiyong's jaw tightened, eyes roaming around the dimly lit area. "Is Sandara here?" 

 

They all readily shook their heads but he still was unconvinced. Jiyong stomped towards her office, inwardly thankful that it was unlocked. He cursed in frustration once more when found her gone. Seemingly desperate, he opened her lights and scanner around the room to see if he could find something. 

 

Like their houses, her office was filled with an array of pictures. The woman had this weird urging need to make a photo collage to mark her territory and he had unfortunately caught the virus. There wasn't a time when Dara hasn't teased or brought up how expertly he decorated his house with paintings and photos. 

 

He opened her drawers and found that the wine that she stashed on the bottom drawer wasn't there. An idea popped in his head and he quickly left the scene and got up to his own floor. He stepped out the elevator with a tired huff, surprised to see his secretary Chaerin coming out of his office. The woman jumped in surprise when she saw him but he composed herself soon after. She flashed him a knowing smile while the latter just gave her a blank look as she walked towards his doors. 

 

"Did you want another drink?" 

 

Jiyong looked at Dara angrily while the girl just blinked in surprise. Chaerin was already walking away when he slammed the door closed behind him. Dara almost dropped her wine glass from the harsh sound. She hurriedly finished everything in the glass before carefully putting it down and wiping her lips. 

 

"Where the have you been?!" he roared, heaving in front of her. "You got us so ing worried!" 

 

Dara pouted a little. "I texted omma where I was..." 

 

Jiyong paused, brows furrowing and unfurrowing. "Well you didn't text me." he shot back icily. 

 

She shrugged. "I was giving you time to yourself because you're still..." she paused, flashing him a knowing look. "In shock."

 

"Dara." he sounded defeated, sitting on his desk while she sat on his chair. "What the is going on?" 

 

She pursed his lips and was about to pour herself another glass when he grabbed her wrist and stopped her. She smiled kindly and patted his hand before removing herself and holding her own hands. 

 

"Tell me." 

 

"I love you. I have been in love with you... for quite sometime... for quite a long time." she answered simply. "That's what's happening."

 

He visibly winced. 

 

"See, this is what I'm avoiding." she sighed, spinning the chair. "I won't say anything more because you're clearly not ready. Just be prepared." 

 

"Are you threatening me?"

 

"If threatening by your definition means asking you to spend the rest of your life with me then I guess so." she smiled again. 

 

"Dara." he whined. 

 

"Jiyonggggggg~" she whined back cheekily, standing up and dusting off her clothes. "C'mon, let's go back. it's getting late." 

 

Jiyong just scrutinized her expression with utmost focus. She was still smiling at him and he audibly cursed at her for that. Dara shook her head and reached her hand out to him, earning her a raise of a brow. 

 

"Let's go home?" 

 

A sigh escaped his lips as he begrudgingly took her hand and frowned. Dara smiled brighter at this and even had the audacity to lock their fingers together. Jiyong scoffed once again but didn't bother taking his hand away. It was as if he had gone through withdrawal earlier and was now in relapse.

 

Well why wouldn't he? She was his one true friend, the person who had always been with him literally since birth! Seeing how it was like without her—even it was only a couple of hours—freaked him the out.

 

And amidst their silence, Jiyong's stomach suddenly grumbled. He cleared his throat, face going sour in embarrassment. 

 

"Should we eat first?" Dara chortled. 

 

"Shut up, hag." 

 

"You love me anyway."

 

He glared at that knowing now that there's a double meaning.

 

"Geez Mr. Grumpy Pants." she scoffed jokingly. "Do you wanna eat somewhere fancy? My treat."

 

He raised a brow. "Define fancy." 

 

"McDonald's." 

 

An incredulous but humorous laugh erupted from him as he removed his hand from hers. "As much as I'd like your fancy feast... I kinda left you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter