i married you because you .

Marry Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"The way you look at me, the way you touch me, the way you tease me... drives me ing crazy."

 

 

As their reception festivities came to and end and half their guests had become royally drunk, the newlyweds decided to go back home and relax while they still can. The two had traded the fancy car that they came on earlier with Jiyong's own car and together, they drove, still feeling jittery from today's events. 

 

Jiyong was holding Dara's hand as he drove, his finger toying with her wedding band as if he still couldn't believe that he shared a ring with her. Every time he felt it, a big, stupid grin would appear on his face and he'd ended up biting his lip for being too giddy about such a small piece of jewelry. 

 

Dara on the other hand, couldn't stop looking at their whole wardrobe—especially her husband's. Husband. She inwardly squealed at his new title. Contrary to the man's typical messy hair, Jiyong had it slicked back today, making its raven color even darker. To compliment his dark hair, he wore a black three piece suit with a white dress shirt. Of course she'd seen him in suits because of his job but she's never seen him so... masculine. Dara looked away to hide the blush in her cheeks. 

 

He peeked over at her movements, his eyes immediately zeroing in on her wedding dress that looked like it barely fit in her seat. Dara looked like she was covered in a cloud of poof and he couldn't help the chuckle slip past his lips when he made the observation. Dara turned and raised a brow while he just answered with a quiet smile and a kiss on her hand. 

 

As they neared their homes, Jiyong parked the car and got out to open their gates but stopped when a honk from behind caught his attention. His eyes instantly went to Dara but found her looking behind the car. Jiyong looked up to see two sets of cars flashing their lights at him. Unconsciously, his eyes went back to his wife, noticing the same realization strike her. 

 

"Congrats to the married couple!" Jiyong vaguely heard his mother scream from their family car. 

 

Without more so of a peep or acknowledgment, Jiyong opened their gates and hurriedly went to the driver's seat to drive his car in. The air seemed tense from the two of them and when he finally parked his car to his designated spot, the other cars that followed parked on either sides of them. 

 

"I forgot they live here too." Dara mumbled expressionlessly. 

 

Jiyong's head lolled back on his seat as he closed his eyes. "Me too." 

 

With a shared sigh of resignation, the couple got out of the car, only to be welcomed by their families' smiling faces. Dara winced inwardly at her mother's excitedly jumpy, Chihuahua-like behavior, while Jiyong glared at his older sister who kept throwing him a teasing smirk. 

 

"This is gonna be one wedding night." Dami observed, her teasing tone evident, making Jiyong scowl.

 

Sunmi got the message. "I..." She turned to Jiyong's parents. "Do you mind if I stay at your house for a while? I'm not very comfortable with my bed and I remembered that your guest bed was just absolutely fabulous." 

 

Mrs. Kwon got that message while Mr. Kwon looked at his wife innocently. "We'd love to have you there, Sunmi-yah!" Mrs. Kwon chimed. "It's been so long since we've chatted!" It was exactly three minutes ago when they last chatted. They were carpooling and Mr. Kwon can very well attest to the fact that they were absolutely chatting. "I don't want you at home, Jiyong. Just stay with Dara," she then added subtly. 

 

Jiyong rolled his eyes while Dara continuously hit her head against her husband's arm. 

 

"This is worse than you telling your mom that we had ." Jiyong whispered to her. "This time, they really are expecting us to have ." He snickered when he glanced over to see her completely horrified but reddening face. 

 

"Shut up you little turd." Dara hissed. She was about to move away from him when he suddenly s his arm around her waist and pulled her to his side. She could feel her heart in when she looked up to see his endearing smile. He leaned down to kiss her nose, earning them an audible "aww" from the ladies. 

 

"So where are we staying?" Jiyong asked.

 

Almost synchronized, their families pointed at Dara's quaint little house. And before the two could get another word in, they all ran to the Kwon house like excitable children before slamming the door closed behind them. The newlywed couple shared a look before they burst out in giggles at the 'old people's' childishness. 

 

Hand in hand, they walked over Dara's house, still clad in their wedding attire but coming down from their festive highs. Before Dara could open the door, she let out a surprised shriek when Jiyong suddenly carried her like the newlywed bride that she was. Her heart fluttered as if she was a teenage girl but when she saw his clearly tired face, she scowled. 

 

"Why are you so heavy?" He wheezed, looking away so that he wouldn't cough in her face. 

 

With a pointed glare, she gritted, "It's the dress."

 

Jiyong managed a knowing smirk as he opened their sliding door with his foot and hurriedly dumped her on the couch. The two ended up groaning and grunting—Dara with the impact she made on the couch and Jiyong feeling his whole body giving out from her weight. 

 

And as he messily tossed her there, Jiyong opened his eyes to see that he was hovering over his wife, their faces only inches away from each other. Dara stiffened when she made the same observation. The two caught each other's eyes before an unspoken agreement fell on them. Tentatively, they both leaned in for a kiss—a kiss that would be one of many in their new married life. 

 

When they pulled away, Jiyong had her face in his hands as he whispered his love for her and a promise that she'll never regret her new life with him. With another lingering kiss, he pulled her up and quietly tugged her hand to her room. 

 

Dara was buzzing with an anticipating energy that made the hairs on her body stand up and her skin crawl with goosebumps. She felt her body grow warmer from self-consciousness when she caught his quick glance. With a thundering heart, she felt herself still when they entered and the door creaked closed behind them. 

 

Meanwhile Jiyong watches her from behind, noticing her rigid stance and her tense shoulders. The silence in the room made their supposedly intimate moment a bit tense with her frozen state. Worried, he reached over to her but she flinched and turned to him with a somewhat horrified expression.

 

Even amidst the darkness he noticed her eyes b with tears that held the same fear from their time in his log house. Carefully, he moved closer and gathered her close to his arms, reassuring her with his warmth. Dara let out a shaky breath but refused to let her tears fall. She sniffed and buried her face against his shoulder and confessed, "I'm scared."

 

"Of me?" 

 

She shook her head, "Of it happening... and me not taking care of myself." 

 

"But you know what the difference is now?" He tipped her chin. "We were both clueless back then and... I'm here. I'll always be here. I'll take care of you. And I'll love you no matter what happens."

 

She leaned up to kiss him in response. 

 

Jiyong brushed his thumb on her cheek and smiled. "Go change into something comfortable." When the same stillness from earlier came back, he chuckled softly and assured her, "We don't have to do anything you're not ready for, Dara."

 

"But—"

 

He clamped , earning him a menacing glare. "Go get changed and we'll go for a walk. I don't know about you but getting married gave me some jittery energy and I kinda wanna burn it off one way or another."

 

Dara blushed and looked away when she caught his knowing stare. She nodded quietly and tentatively pushed him out the door, giving him a quiet remark that she'll change. Yet when she did try to change, Dara was left frustrated when she couldn't her dress properly. Grunting, she walked back to the door and opened it to find her husband had removed his vest and blazer and was left in his white dress shirt and black slacks. Dara gulped and Jiyong turned to raise a curious brow. 

 

"I... uhhh... can't take my dress off by myself." 

 

She could feel his eyes scan her body, making her flush. Dara walked back, leaving the door open for him and soon, his footsteps followed her inside. 

 

"Just help me with the zipper on the back," she said. 

 

"Did I leave any of my clothes here?" Was what he answered with instead and from the corner of her eyes, she saw him looking through her dresser for his clothes. When he did, he tossed a hoodie and a t-shirt on the bed before pulling out a pair of joggers. There was a smirk on his face when he turned back. "Turn around."

 

She did, albeit stiffly. She shuddered when she felt his soft peck on her shoulder. His hand dropped down to her waist to steady her while the other felt for the zipper on her back, And with an excruciating slowness, he tugged on the zipper and pulled down to see the dress unraveling, replacing it with the sight of her smooth and slender back. Dara gasped when he poked the small of her back and before she could glare at him, he was stalking towards his clothes and ing his dress shirt. 

 

He was undressing with his back to her but even the sight made her squirm. Feeling with her exposed back on display, she focused back on herself and moved to her dresser to find some comfortable clothes. There was a nagging thought that was telling her that she should have some reservations but a more persistent voice was reminding her that they were married and that she has to get used to his presence. So with a final sigh, she let her dress pool on her feet, leaving her bare and only in her underwear. 

 

It was taking every ounce of him to not look back but when he heard the ruffling of her dress, he knew full well that she'd taken it off. He let his mind wander to the sight of her back as he removed his dress shirt. Jiyong bit his lip to keep his thoughts at bay. When he turned ever so slightly to get pick up his t-shirt, he was welcomed by the practically sight of her on the mirror. Her back was unfortunately to him and when she moved to get something, he was greeted by a lovely side view. 

 

It didn't last long however since Jiyong choked on his spit, the sound making Dara more aware and leading her to dress up in a matter of seconds. Coughing back to the harsh reality, he went back to dressing himself while making sure he imprinted the sight in his mind. A smirk appeared on his face as a quiet chuckle escaped his lips. Man, his wife was too hot for his own heart. 

 

Dara's heart was pacing from exhilaration. She couldn't help but wonder if he saw her but she was urging herself to calm down because that's what it's going to be from now on. Fixing her hair one last time, she faced him, only to see that his top-half was completely clothed but his bottom-half... only had his boxers. Her face reddened and as a sudden urge of crazy struck her, she leaped to her bed and startled Jiyong. 

 

"What the hell is wrong with you?" It came out as a whisper, his hand over his heart. 

 

"I've seen you in diapers," she said suddenly, her eyes only focusing on his face. 

 

He arched a brow. "What does that have to do with anything?" 

 

She shrugged, snuggling to her mattress. "I shouldn't be embarrassed." 

 

At that, his expression suddenly softened as he quietly wore his joggers. "You shouldn't be embarrassed, Dara. Are you getting shy on me? Is that's what's going on?" 

 

"...Kinda?" 

 

"Is it because we're married now or is it because you're not comfortable with me anymore."

 

She shot up from bed with widened eyes. "I'm comfortable with you!" It came out as a shout. And as the realization set in, she fell back on the bed and hid her face. "I-I'm just... this is gonna take a while to get used to."

 

Jiyong laughed good-naturedly. "And the time we had in my house where we were almost always half- was nothing?" 

 

"That was different," the older woman whined. 

 

He nodded mocking, "Sure it is, babe." 

 

When he was done, Jiyong plopped on the bed beside her, snuggling closer and putting his face on the crook of her neck. Dara giggled at the ticklish sensation and turned to him with a giant smile on her face. 

 

"We didn't really discuss where or if we're gonna have a honeymoon," Jiyong remarked. 

 

"I don't really care where we go," she mumbled. "I'm fine with anywhere." 

 

"Alright," he kissed her head. "I'm just gonna have to surprise you then." 

 

"Don't go overboard, Jiyong," Dara warned with a cute, little sneer where she scrunched her nose up. He smiled and petted her head, only making her sneer even more. 

 

", aren't I lucky?" He said more to himself. Chuckling, he pulled himself up before scooping Dara by t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter