First Choice (feat. INFINITE and KARA)

Out of The Ordinary (A One Shot Collection)

It was raining nonstop. Jung Nicole was standing at the bus station, waiting for rain to stop; her arms were around her petite body. She was trying to get herself warm when a guy stopped in front of her with an umbrella on his hands.

‘Wanna share?’ She couldn’t hear his voice as the sound of the falling rain was even louder. Her confused face had made him realized that she wasn’t listening. Suddenly, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her close to his body.

 

‘Aigoo.. You don’t have to pick me up, Oppa. Now, you’re going to be late for your practice.’ Nicole wiped his slightly wet face with a towel. Both of them were at her apartment.

‘No big deal. It’s just practice, not the real thing.’ After she’d done with his face, she hit him with the towel, causing him to yelp in pain.

‘Now, go! You better win this Friday or I’ll smack you.’ She pushed his body towards her door.

‘Araso. But if we won, I want you to cook me delicious food, okay?’ He knew that Nicole’s a great cook.

‘Neh..’ She replied lazily and when he was at her door, he gave her a short peck on her lips. Then, Nicole watched him as he waved goodbye, off to the gymnasium. That’s her boyfriend, Jang Dongwoo. A professional basketball player.

 

Nicole let out a heavy sigh. People might think that she had a perfect life. A nice job at his uncle’s company, a perfect boyfriend who loved her and her own apartment. Her boyfriend.. He’s what every girl wanted. Handsome and lovable but all of that didn’t matter to her.

Every time they kissed or hugged, Nicole felt nothing. Her heart was beating at its natural pace. And she didn’t know how to make it beat faster. Suddenly, she remembered what happened a few years back, before Dongwoo became her boyfriend.

 

-Flashback-

‘Why are you leaving? I thought you wanted to become a basketball player.’ Her voice cracked.

‘Mianhae. Appa really wanted me to become an architect.’ He said seriously, without looking at her red eyes.

‘You liar! You always said to me that to always believe in my first choice and do whatever it takes to have it. But instead, you’re the one who did the otherwise.’ Tears started to fall down her cheeks, she couldn’t hold them anymore. Seeing her like that, he gently pulled her into his hug.

‘Mianhae.’ He kept whispering the same word all over again to her ears. Nicole couldn’t stand it and pushed his body away.

‘If you go, it means that you also gave up on me.’ She wiped her tears with her sleeves and walked away from him.

-End of Flashback-

 

That’s the last time she’d seen him. Years passed by and she didn’t hear anything about him and she didn’t know whether he’s dead or alive. Her feelings for him were still kept safely inside her heart. They used to be love, but now? Sad? Miss? Love? Hate? She’s not sure.

 


Friday. The  day of the big game. Nicole squished her way through the crowd. After she took a seat on the bench, her gaze went searching for her boyfriend. Nicole narrowed her eyes and finally saw a familiar figure which was Dongwoo who was warming up for the game.

A smile crept on her face. He’s a nice guy. Always been there for her no matter what happened but still, she couldn’t feel a kind of sensation when she’s with her. And she hated herself for not being able to love him back.

Players went to their position. Nicole brought her head up to have a better view of the game. She narrowed her eyes once again, trying to see where did the ball went. Suddenly, she felt like her heart’s pounding madly when she saw a person. A very familiar person, running with the ball on his hands.

 

‘And it’s Hoya for the points!’ The commentator yelled in joy as he scored.

Hoya? But why’s he here?’ She murmured to herself.

 

‘Congratulations for the win, Oppa!’ Nicole gave him her sweetest smile. Dongwoo couldn’t help himself.  He rushed towards her and hugged her tight.

‘Don’t forget about the promise.’ He managed to whisper at her ears before he withdrew. Suddenly, a group of males came towards them.

‘Great job. You beat us fair and square.’ The captain of the team said humbly. Nicole couldn’t speak as her heart started to race again when she saw him. Then, his gaze went towards her eyes. That’s when she felt blood went rushing to her face.

 


‘So, how’s the food?’ Nicole asked anxiously.  On the table, there were full of Dongwoo’s favourite food like hamburgers and cakes. He took a bite of his chicken and put in on the table. He looked at her face seriously, making her felt a bit uneasy. Suddenly, the atmosphere of her kitchen went gloomy.

‘Oppa? What’s wrong? Don’t you like it?’

‘It’s yummy. Too bad this’ll be the last time that I can eat your cookings.’

‘Mworago?’ Nicole seemed confused.

 

‘Mianhae, Nicole-yah. Let’s end this. I know about your feelings and I don’t want you to be with the person that you didn’t love.’ Dongwoo’s sudden words made Nicole shocked.

‘Wha.. Oppa?’

‘That guy, Lee Howon. I know about him long ago. I thought I could make you forget him but and I thought I already had your love. But when I saw the way you looked at him, I know there’s no hope for me. So, goodbye.’ Dongwoo stood up from his chair and went towards her.

‘Oppa.. You don’t have to do this.’

‘It’s okay. I was the happy when I’m with you but I’ll be the happiest man on earth if you’re happy with the person that you love.’

 

Then, he kissed her lips for the last time.

 


Hoya was practicing alone at the gym. His thought always went to his long love, Jung Nicole. Every shot that he tried missed.

‘Yah! Lee Howon! And you call yourself a professional basketball player.’ A familiar female voice echoed through the gym, making his heart fluttered. His heart skipped a beat when he saw her skipping merrily towards him.

‘I’ll show you how to play.’ She grabbed the ball and shot at the basket. And she scored.

 

‘Why’re you here?’ He asked carefully.

‘I’m here… I’m here to see you.’

‘Mworago?’

‘A selfish jerk told me to always believe in first choice. And to fight for it. Apparently, Howon-shi. You’re that first choice that I’m fighting for.’ Butterflies went to her stomach when she said those things. Different when she’s with Dongwoo.

 

Hoya chuckled at her words.

‘Neh. You’re right. And that’s why I’m here. Because I fought for my dreams to become what I wanted. But there’s something that I truly regret in my life since this past few years.’ He took the ball and threw it to the basket.

‘Not fighting for my love.’ He went straight towards her and hugged her tight.That’s when Nicole knew that feelings for him inside her heart was love. And it started to burn again when he kissed her lips lovingly.

 


Kloud9's note: Finally KARAFINITE ^^ Sorry if it’s bad :P I wrote this with my eyes half opened. But there’ll always be next time LOL Thanks for reading and commenting :) *gives hearts and love* Sorry for grammar mistakes xD Maybe I’ll do another KARAFINITE because I think this one’s bad T.T So sorry. Anyways, Happy Reading ^^

*ppyong*Dedicated to aremoyoona msryus and hannahstarr22 ~KARAFINITE <3