One Love (feat. INFINITE and Secret)

Out of The Ordinary (A One Shot Collection)

 

The wind that was blowing on that fair autumn gently brushed his brown hair. He was standing at the roof top on that evening. How beautiful the world looked from the above. There he was, reminiscing on his past memories with his beloved. It was exactly two years since she left.

 

*****

 

‘Sunggyu Oppa!!’ She yelled with all her might.

‘Yah! Your throat’s going to hurt!’

 Instead of feeling annoyed by his nagging, she just chuckled as he ran quickly towards her. As soon as he arrived, he gave a light peck on her lips, making her blushed madly. Sunggyu always loved to see her pale skin turned pink every time she blushed.

 

‘Is there something on my face?’ She asked when she realized that he was staring at her. Then, she pinched her own chubby cheeks which made Sunggyu laughed.

‘Neh. There’s something on your face, all right. It’s obviously written ‘I’m falling in love, deeply with my Sunggyu Oppa.’’ He traced the words on the air with his fingers and laughed even harder. She hit his arms playfully and pouted. Embarrassed by his words.

 

‘So, are you feeling better?’ He asked her carefully, not trying to make her feel sad.

‘Of course! I’m going out from this place soon. Just wait and see.’ She said determinedly.

 

*****

 

It’s true. She did came out from that place. But not the way he wanted to. How fast the time flew and he still couldn’t forget her. Her smile, her cute voice and her face. He really missed those features of hers. But what can he do?

 

I wish I’ve met you earlier or sooner.

 

He remembered the first time he saw her, her blonde hair, her smiling eyes and her friendliness immediately captured his heart.

‘Excuse me. Can you show me the way to the garden?’ A man with a crutch suddenly approached the blonde haired girl. Her warm smile hid her pale face and he didn’t know about how weak her body was when she happily showed him the way to the garden.

 

It’s true. He did first met her at that gloomy place. The hospital. And he was very thankful that an angel appeared from such a dejected place. But sadly, it was kind of late because she couldn’t be with him for a longer time. And now, he’s working at that place as a doctor.

 

*****

 

Sunggyu walked until his feet brought him to a park which was just below the roof top. The green grasses were welcoming him as they swayed along the wind. He remembered. This’s the place he confessed to her and promised her that he’ll love her forever.

He walked to a big old tree that they used to sit together and had their picnic. It’s still here and the scribble too, he thought. His fingers went towards the carving which both of them made on the tree trunk before. ‘S+Z’

 

‘What are you doing?’ She went towards Sunggyu who seemed like he was carving something on the bark of the tree with his pocket knife.

‘S+H’ He mumbled as he finished.

‘Tadah!’ Sunggyu yelled, proud at his masterpiece.

‘What’s this? Yah! It’s not supposed to be like this!’ She whined and took the knife from Sunggyu’s hand.

 

‘There! S+Z!’ She scribbled away the H and carved Z beside it.

‘Z?’ He sounded confused.

‘Z for Zinger! Aish! Don’t you know?’

 He was still confused.

‘Zinger’s my nickname, pabo.’

‘It doesn’t matter. I love this Jung Hana..’ He pinched her small nose.

‘And I love this Zinger who’s standing in front of me.’ Sunggyu brushed her cheeks with the back of his hands and kissed her lovingly.

 

*****

 

The happy time that we’ve spent together was too short.

But still it’s enough for me.

 

He smiled while remembering the incident. She’s still a cheerful girl despite of her condition, like she’s a normal girl. Being strong was her specialty and sometimes he himself didn’t know that she’s suffering inside. In fact, she never cried in front of him. Not even once. She didn’t want anyone to feel sorry for her and wanted people to treat her as a normal person.

 

‘Oppa, why’re you crying?’ She lifted her small hands and wiped his tears on his cheeks. Sunggyu quickly held her hands and squeezed them tight.

‘I’m the one who’s sick but you’re the one who’s crying? Stop it, Oppa..’ She said with her weak voice, followed by a chuckle. There she was, lying helplessly on the hospital bed.

‘Don’t leave me, Hana-yah. You know how much I love you.’ He said between his sob because he knew, she’ll leave him soon.

‘Everyone’s going to die soon, pabo. It’s my turn now and then, yours soon.’

‘How could you say something like that?’

‘We’ll meet again, Oppa. Someday, somewhere up there.’ She smiled. Still, even though she’s dying, she could be smiling like everything’s going to be alright.

‘Gumawo for being with me all this time. When the people that I love were not around, you stayed by my side. I had a great time with you and I get to know and feel love inside my heart before I die. Thank you so much.. Noemu saranghae...’ Her voice slowly faded as she closed her eyes forever. Now, she left him alone but there’s something that she didn’t give back to him before she left. His heart.

 

*****

 

Allow me to be sad just for a while.

Please, stay with me for just a little longer…..

 

‘Keuriwohaeyo (I miss you).’ Sunggyu whispered to the old tree, like he’s talking to her. Without him noticing, tears went rolling down his cheeks.

 

He couldn’t help but cried every time he remembered the sad moment. The sun of his life’s gone. For good. He couldn’t see her smiling or hear her yelling at him anymore. It’s true that he almost killed himself when she first left her but fortunately he didn’t die when he jumped off of his roof. He just broke his leg, ended up in a crutch just like the day they first met.

After the incident, he realized that doing those things would only sadden her more. She might be watching him from above and it must’ve hurt her if she saw him like that.

Every time Sunggyu went to the hospital; he always sees her figure with the same ponytails on each side of her head, smiling and waving at him on the same bench where they first met. It’s like she’s asking him to live a happy life until the day he die. Even though she’s not with him, their memories whether it’s happy, sad or annoying, everything will always be kept safely inside his heart. And still, he will always love her, today, tomorrow and forever.

 

 My love for you is not from yesterday.

It’s now; it’s you now whom I love.

And tomorrow, I will still love you whichever you are.

 

-END-


KLOUD9’s (long) note-It must be sad to lose someone dearest to you :’( but life must go on. That’s what I’m trying to show in this one shot ^^ And I wanted to try the ZingGyu couple. Sorry if it feels too weird for you. LOL Plus, I rarely see any Zinger fics around *sigh* And I’m freaking love Sung Si Kyung’s One Love(Always promoting xD) It’s the soundtrack of the drama A Thousand Promises (I think) The song suits this one shot pretty well. Credits to the rightful owners for the translation of this beautiful song.

Thank you so much for reading <3 Forgive my unintentional grammar mistakes :P Please continue to support infinite and secret ^^ Ooh.. Comment and subscribe if you like. (More weird pairings to come xD) *gives hearts and love*

You can request your own weird/odd pairings If you had them in mind, you can share it with me and the other readers LOL Maybe I’ll use the couples in my future one shots ^^ *back to hiatus mode*  ~Happy Reading~