Day 5585

Where Do I Go Next?

Mrs.Kim kept on pacing inside the room thinking hard about his son’s situation while he lay on his bed thinking about the girl she left last night.

“Jongin, they can trace you. How do you think are we supposed to tell them that you did nothing wrong and it’s just your ability to teleport that went out of control?” His mom sits at the edge of the bed trying her best to keep her composure.

“It’s actually a surprise they haven’t found out I own that car…,” Kai closes his eyes and brushes off the topic in his head. He just thinks about her. What if she finds out? What if she will no longer accept him? What if…

“Jongin, I am very appalled as to how you handle this matter. Do you think nothing will happen to you after this? You will be held for interrogation. And then, what? You tell them you can teleport? Let them experiment on you? Son, I just can’t let that happen to you!”

“Mom, I can just say the car was stolen and I am not at all affiliated with it.” He looks at her mother and says, “I have other things in my head right now. Honestly, there’s just this one lady in my head right now and I am sick worried as to how she’s handling things as of this moment.”

Kai’s mom moved closer to her son and laid beside him. “Oh, so there’s a lady, huh? Is that why you were there? You could travel via ship on getting there and here you are, travelled by land and freaking teleported his back to his room.”

“Mom, are you still freaked out by my ability to teleport?”

“Well, not really. It’s just that I don’t know much how to do damage control. Remember when you were young, I told you to never use that ability? It’s not because I think you were a monster or what…it’s because you are precious to me and I don’t want people to flock around you, test you like their experiment hamster, brand you as a freak, all because your mom, I, can’t do anything to protect you. And the day that I fear the most finally came—today. Son, Jongin, I still do not know what to do to protect you. But as much as I can, I will. There’s one way or another and I won’t let anything happen to you. Okay?”

“So, okay, mom, there’s this girl that I like. Actually, that was before…I liked her. I don’t want to lie to you anymore so I’ll admit it—I’ve been teleporting every now and then. I didn’t really stop when you told me to. When I was a kid, I just teleported to nearby places but when I reached my teenage years, I started exploring…I went to provinces and soon after I went overseas. You always wondered how I have so many stuff from stores you never get to see or hear of in Korea, right? I’ve always told you I brought them online but then no package ever made it to our doorstep, right? It’s because I brought them home with me, mom, from America, Brazil, China, Germany, Paris, Japan, and a lot more countries. But things have been messy the past few months… I’ve been teleporting to places I never controlled myself to go to until I accidentally got in the room of this lady, her name is Krystal. I got to know her. I uncontrollably teleported to and fro her place, we spent a lot of time together. She made me realize my purpose of living. She became my reason. Thank goodness my uncontrollable teleporting stopped on the week of my examinations… And I thought it would be nice to stop going to her place through teleporting and drive all the way from here to her place…But I was wrong. My teleportation went faulty all over again and honestly, as I am laid here on this bed, I don’t know where I go next.”

“And she doesn’t know?—that you teleport, I mean.”

“I wouldn't be this scared if she does. What if she finds it scary? Freaky? What if she wants some assurance from me when all I can be sure of is the feelings I have for her? What if she wants me to leave her? Mom, I just can’t leave her alone like that! She may not need me anymore but I’ll die without her. She made me keep going in life.”

“Son, isn't it just because you want to save her? You’re just thinking you got this big responsibility on your shoulders when it's just you who thinks she needs you? You can’t make someone else be the reason for living your life. Be your own reason in living. You can’t always depend on others. I know you can do that.” Mrs.Kim pulls her son closer to her and hugs him.

“No, mom.” His voice cracks. “What if maybe we started to depend on each other? What would one do if the other is…gone?”

“By any chance, do you already love her?”

“Mom, I’m scared. I don’t know. From here, where do I go next?”