Day 5480

Where Do I Go Next?

The bass dropped and people went wild when the music came back on. I grinned. Tonight will just be one of those nights I'd come to forget tomorrow.

"You're having fun?" The lady beside me asked over the loud speakers and crazy crowd. Under the little black dress that hugs her figure is a petite frame, long brunette hair, and a pair of hazel brown eyes. She's smiling at the crowd that are having fun on the dance floor.

"Not as much as I do before you walked right in to me."

"Save that for the other ladies, mister." She winks and leans on the bar counter.

"What's your name?" I leaned over her a little too closer. One, because the speakers are loud. Two, I don't think the crowd is going to shut their mouths. And third, because that's how I get the ladies.

"Ellie," she answered. "Getting too close already?"

I moved onto the seat next to her. "Hi, Ellie. I'm Kai." Jongin.

"Hi, Kai. By the way, are you having fun tonight?"

"Am I?" I motioned through my body. My long sleeve button down shirt is now soaked with sweat and alcohol, its first three buttons are now missing, and my hair is already damp with sweat too.

She eyed me from head to toe. "Wild night, huh?"

"Never miss the fun!"

"Broke up with your girlfriend?"

"Do I look like I have one?" People always used to ask me that dreadful question. Girlfriend? I better not have one and miss all this fun right here!

"Maybe now, you don't," she took a sip of what looks like a ladies' drink and stood up from the stool. She leaned over me and whispered to my ears, "Let's go, baby."

We left the bar and went to her place.

 

Waking up, I found my clothes discarded on the floor alongside with a little black dress and lacy undies. I looked at the lady beside me clutching onto the pillow at her head. Another night wasted. Great.

I gathered my clothes and went to the bathroom as quietly as possible. I dressed up, only to find out that the first three buttons are missing. Nice.

Tiptoeing, I went to the door and had my shoes on. I slowly open the door and thank goodness it doesn't even squeak - not even slightly. Once I exited her unit, I started to move around comfortably.

So this is what college parties in America is about, huh? Not as wild as it was in Brazil. When I inhaled deeply, along with the cool fresh air, I smelled how stinky I am.

Thinking of a washroom at a hotel lobby, I find myself at a cubicle.

I walk out of the washroom and the cool-warm air welcomed me as well as the lavender scent of the hotel.

"Good morning, Sir. How can I help you?" The woman on the desk asked.

"May I book a room for one?"

The woman who seems to be in her late 30s eyes me. "Your luggage, sir?"

"I don't have one," I said as a matter-of-factly.

She looks at me with suspecting eyes and slowly she said while handing me the room card, "Room 1207. 6th floor. Want us to show you your room?"

"Not anymore. I can look around for myself." I head out the hotel building and walks to the nearest dress store.

"Good morning, Sir." The attendants greeted with much enthusiasm.

In return, I flashed my pearl whites and asked, "Can I have a large light blue colored long sleeve button down shirt? Mandarin collared and uhh white pants."

A lady got me what I asked for and ushered me towards the fitting room. I tried on the shirt and pants. It perfectly fits but I still stink so I changed into what I was wearing last night and went to the cashier to pay.

I went back to the hotel and the woman who assisted me earlier still looks at me. I smiled at her mockingly. I may look like a broke college boy but I am far from that. How dare she judge me like this. I rode the elevator to the sixth floor and proceeded on the 1027th.

I placed the paper bags on the bed and checks out the room. It overlooks the entire city of New York. Of course, busy streets full of hardworking people at this early hour. Uninterested, I just took a shower to start this day fresh.

“Welcome, sir.”

I ignored the greeting of the staff of the cologne shop and proceeded looking for the fragrant the perfectly suits my mood right now. There were several of scents and brands to choose from. I checked each one and finally found Dolce & Gabbana that smells not that sharp with spices with a hint of vanilla.

I went to over 10+ stores surrounding the hotel area. Holding enough paper bags for me to handle, I went back to my hotel room to rest and teleport back to Korea.

 

“Has anyone found Kai yet?” I heard my mom from outside the bathroom of my room.

“Mom, I’m just here!” I hollered. With all the paper bags with me in the tub, I don’t think my mom will let this one pass by. I came out of the tub and drawn the shower curtains to hide the remains of my New York overnight escapade.

My mom didn’t even let me get out of the washroom first and busted inside. “I have been calling you since earlier and you don’t even answer!”

“Mom, I was just…” I flashed a naughty smile and wiggled my eyebrows.

My mom waves her hand in front of me, not wanting to hear more of what I did. Hah, I bet she wants to hear where I just came from.

“Where are you going?” My mom asked as I move out of the bathroom so that she’d leave the bathroom too.

“I’d be heading over the university later, mom.” The thing is, I don’t go there to study. I literally just go there and look for my friends.

“Good. Do you need anything? Have you bought your books already?”

“I’d rely on e-books, mom. It’s enough.” I enveloped her in a hug and rested my head on the crook of her neck.

Smiling, she runs her hands through my hair and says, “I’m so lucky to have you as my son.”