Thieves (TaeNy) [3]

Short Story (Various Pairings)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 I went over to her and…


…and just to be a pest… I peck her on the lips before sitting down. Honestly, if she was going to get in such a bad mood over something as stupid as me showing up with Yuri then she should learn to take some PDA from me. Either that or I'm just going to have to use my affection to punish her for being such a about it.“

 

 

Hey!” she exclaimed irritably as she wiped her lips on her sleeve. “Don’t slobber all over me like some dog!”

 

 

I chose not to respond, but merely folded my arms over my chest and rolled my eyes exaggeratedly not caring that we were making a scene in front of everyone.

 

 

“Oh Baby, don’t listen to her. You can slobber on me any time you like,” Yuri smirked with a wink.




I shot her a sharp look. After all, it's essentially her fault that Taeyeon is in a bad mood. Or is it? Maybe Taeyeon is just going overboard as usual. In any case, Yuri and I are friends, nothing more and Taeyeon should understand that by now. Though, it didn’t help that some of the girls still liked to flirt with me for the sole purpose of annoying her.
 

 

“Then get your own pet, Yul” Taeyeon snapped back at her.


 

Pet? I'm used to her callous teasing, but pet? For some reason that struck a nerve with me. Maybe it is because she didn't seemed all that thrilled to celebrate our one year anniversary, but her comment is enough to make me start doubting my importance to her. It was like the tipping point on a scale. 


 

Did she really just think of me as some pet that tagged along with her on missions?


 

Come to think of it, perhaps I was more like a pet than I thought. I'am usually the one in our relationship waiting patiently for her to toss me a few crumbs of affection here and there, and when she did, I happily lapped it all up practically begging for more.

 

I crossed my legs and sulked as these thoughts darkened my mood further. Seohyun started speaking, going over the plan for executing this mission, but I wasn’t listening. I was suddenly too distracted by my own thoughts and emotions.

 

Later, during the mission, I found myself in the darkened van alone with Taeyeon as usual. Only this time, there is a bitter atmosphere that swirled around the van’s interior with us. I watched her profile, but it didn’t seem that she noticed the tension.

 

She was watching the split screens on her laptop as the girls moved through the building. Sunny’s voice came through, breaking the silence. “Taeyeon, disable the alarm on the east entrance.”

 

“Roger.” Taeyeon's fingers worked swiftly over the keypad.

 

A small sighed escaped my lips before I realized it was me who’d made the sound. Once she finished disabling the alarm for Sunny, she only half turned to me before asking, “What’s with you tonight?”

 

“What’s with me?” I repeated defiantly. “What’s with you?”

 

At this she turned away from the computer screen to look at me with a heavily creased brow, turned down in frustration.

 

“What?” she demanded.


 

Well, this is a productive conversation. -.-

 

I sighed exasperatedly this time. “I don’t know what you want anymore.” I practically threw the words at her, exhausted with her unreadable, unmanageable behavior in our relationship.

 

She only stared back at me, her forehead still drawn down with irritation to match my own. Impossible. That’s what she is. It appears like I'm the one who is going to have to explain on my depths. 

 

“You don’t like it when the girls pay me any attention or even friendly affection. And yet, you won’t step up and give me the attention I need from you. Hasn’t it ever occurred to you that maybe I have needs too?”

 

Taeyeon stares back at me for a moment, the look on her face unchanging like a statue. Then her expression broke as she starts to turn back to her laptop. “Tch. …Are you on your period or something?”

 

My annoyance flashed over to astonishment at her accusation, but in a split second, the anger came flooding back with double the force. How annoying! Hell no, I wasn’t on my period! She should know—especially after last night. Ooh, her smart mouth made my blood boil.

 

“That’s it,” I declared, yanking the earpiece from my ear and tossing it on the floor. “I’m out of here.”

 

With that I flung open the back door of the van and stormed out. I could hear Taeyeon curse and call after for me to stop, but I didn’t even spare her a glance. I walked away at a deliberate pace, knowing that she couldn’t leave her post to come and try to stop me.

 

I had just turned the corner at the end of the block when I felt someone approach me from behind. I spun around just as they were about to touch my arm and I open my mouth to scream. A black gloved hand swiftly covered my mouth and nose.

 

“Uhli?” I mumbled with surprise into the leather glove.










 

“Hey,” Yuri greeted with a cheerful smile.

 

 

I smacked her hand away; my annoyance returning. “What are you doing here?”


 

She looked hurt by my tone and reaction. “Hey, what gives?”

 

 

My mouth twisted with reluctance. I suppose I shouldn’t blame it all on her. After all, Yuri was just being Yuri back at the bar. She was only being nice to me.

 

 

“Sorry, Yuri-ah,” I sighed. “I just…”

 

 

I paused. I wasn’t sure if I should say what I'm really feeling or just keep it to myself. Then again, it wasn’t like everyone else didn’t hear through their receivers the conversation Taeyeon and I just had in the van. My cheeks started to flush in red with embarrassment as I recalled the last thing Taeyeon said to me. 
 


 

Oh shoot,  They all heard.

 

 

“I just don’t feel like being stuck in the van right now,” I fibbed.

 

 

Yuri gave me a sidelong glance with a half smirk. She knew I was lying, but she didn’t say that she knew. She only put her arm around my shoulders and said, “Come on. I’m supposed to walk you home so you don’t get kidnapped. Remember?”

 

 

“Pfft. I have a hard time believing Taeyeon asked you to come walk me home,” I commented, recalling her bitter expression upon seeing Yuri walking into the bar with her arm around me then.

 

 

I felt her chuckle in my closeness to her and she said, “Nope. She actually asked Yoona to do it, but Seohyun couldn’t spare her. So Sunny sent me.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter