She's My Girlfriend

The Love

Strange things happened to Kris after Kai announced that he’s dating Yoonhee. Kris looks lethargic and sick. He even ditch the basketball practice few times. Which the activity he loves the most. Unfortunately, the rest of the gang doesn’t notice much of the change and only focus on reporting Kai’s new girlfriend to his grandmother.

Now they sat in the guest room of Kai's house.

"What's wrong?" Kai’s Grandma asked.

"Kai already has a girlfriend, her name is Song Yoonhee." Xiumin spoke.

"Is it true?"

"Yes, maybe tomorrow he will introduce her to you." Suho answered.

"Are they pretending?" Grandma looked doubtful.

*Oh yes! Why didn't I think about it before? Maybe this is just pretending. But why does Yoonhee wants to help Kai?* Kris wondered.

"We don't know, but it seems like they really are dating. Yoonhee wasn't close to Kai before but few days ago Kai started looking for information about Yoonhee." Xiumin replied.

"Why don't you tell us?" Lay glared at Xiumin and the latter just showing his aegyo.

"If they are really dating. Then there is someone who watching Kai." Grandma smiled. "Thank you for being his friends all this time." She continued.

"But we also have to find out more about Yoonhee." Said Baekhyun.

"Looks like Kris knows Yoonhee. They’re from the same junior high school." Chen said.

Kris could only nodded with a bitter smile.

---

After lunch, Yoonhee and Kai study together and helping each other to complete the homework. Now all the homework papers are full. It turns out that they complete each other. Yoonhee likes any theoretical subjects while Kai only likes subjects that have to do with logics and calculation.

"I'll introduce you to my grandmother tomorrow," Kai suddenly said.

Yoonhee keeps reading her English book. "Oh."

"You're not afraid?"

"Your grandmother ate someone?" She asked.

"Of course not! Tomorrow... just be yourself. I told you that my grandmother likes girls like you."

"Girls like me?"

"Yes, nice, smart, and polite girls."

"Do you think I am?"

"Never mind.” *Huff ... girls look so complex. That's why I prefer playing games rather than dating.* "By the way, you still haven't answered the boyfriend question. Do you already have one?"

"Hum ... no. But I keep one name in my heart. "

"Who?"

"None of your business!"

"Fine! I also don't really want to know!!" Kai start to felt angry.

"Then why do you ask? Go home. It's already night."

"Did you just kick me out?"

"No I didn’t. You don't know what time it is?"

Kai glanced at his watch. At 9 o'clock in the evening. They chat a lot without realizing the time.

"Oh yeah. Okay, I go home." Kai got up.

"Yes, thank you for today." She said with a smile.

Kai looked at her when he found that her eyes are brown and round. Contrast with her dark brown hair and her cherry color lips. He also smiled, "You're welcome Yoonhee-ah."

---

Yoonhee entered her room and took a blue book from the drawer beside her bed. Inside, there is a picture with the name engraved on it, Xiao Lu. Her heart pains every time she remembered. She turned the next page and started to remember the first time she met him. He was her senior. They are very close and everyone thinks that she’s going out with him. She always say no, but people keep suggesting that they should be a couple. He always there when she need help, protects me, and makes me feel comfortable. She realize that she loves him and he also gives her hope. Only that she doesn’t dare to say it first. He would texted her and also called her. But for some reason suddenly he hasn't contacted her at all. He acted like they never had something when she still loves him, keep all the hopes he gave, and keep his name in her heart.

Suddenly her cellphone rang. Kim Jongin.

"Yeoboseyo?"

"Why is your voice hoarse? Are you crying?" He asked.

"No, it seems like I had a flu." She replied.

"Oh, yeah ... just rested then. Do not get sick. Good night."

"Night." She shut her phone while wondered why he called.

---

Kai kept thinking about the boyfriend question he asked earlier. She said there was a name she kept in her heart. It bothers him but he could do nothing since he’s just a fake boyfriend.

***

The next day, Xiumin wants to find out more from Kris about Yoonhee. When he stopped by in the Kris’ house, he was in his bedroom. Smoking.

"Since when did you smoke?" Xiumin asked in surprise.

"Oh this, only when I'm stressed," Kris casually replied.

Xiumin doesn't push it further. He thought it was just an ordinary cigarette.

---

In the living room of Yoonhee's house which was dominated by green, Kai was waiting for Yoonhee to change clothes. Soon Yoonhee came out using a baby tee and a jeans skirt slightly above the knee. Her hair is tied. She looked fresh even though only with a thin powder and a little lip tint.

"You really know how to get Grandma's heart." Kai murmured.

---

They are now sitting in the guest room of Kai's house. His house is much bigger than Yoonhee’s house, of course. He held her hand and introduced her to his grandmother.

"Oh, are you classmates?" Asked Kai’s Grandma. He nodded.

"How long has your relationship been?"

"Two months." He said casually. He is indeed very talented to lie like this. He has prepared everything. He even had trained Yoonhee to call him oppa.

"Yes, let's go to the dining table. The lunch is ready." Kai’s Grandma took Yoonhee’s arm. "Do you like bulgogi?" Grandma asked.

"Ne." She smile when she saw that Kai’ Grandma looks so happy.

"Then you have to eat a lot. I also love bulgogi." Grandma told Yoonhee to sit next to her, even though it should be Kai's seat. He seemed not to bother about it when he pulled a chair for his grandmother and for Yoonhee.

"Gomawo oppa." Yoonhee said.

Kai blinked and smiled.

"Where are your parents working?"

"My mother is a lawyer. Whereas my father has a construction company." Yoonhee said.

"Oh, that’s good. I also heard that you are a smart and honest girl." Kai’s Grandma sincerely smiled.

---

"Right, Grandma, I have a girlfriend," Said Kai to Grandma when they watched TV after he drove Yoonhee home.

"Yeah, she is beautiful and smart. I like her personality." Grandma said.

"Then can I get my cards back now?"

"Yes, just take it in the drawer." Grandma pointed to the drawer beside the TV table.

"Waa  ... khamsa!"

"Use it well!"

"Yes Grandma." Kai smiled.

"Kai." Grandma called Kai, stopping him from playing the game in his phone.

"Yes?"

"Take care of her. Grandma wants to see you marry her someday."

"Hah? I'm just 18 years old."

"What is wrong with it? When you were 19, I wanted you engaged with her. This grandmother of yours is getting old, Kai. Who else will watch over you later?"

"But Grandma ..."

"I’m afraid that I can't be with you for a longer time." Grandma said.

Kai immediately hugged his grandmother's shoulder. His grandmother took care of him since he was 2 years old when his parents passed away. She also worked hard for the continuation of his father's business. He really wants to repay her when she has patiently faced his behavior. He started to reconsider the relationship. For his grandmother.

---

Kai is totally confused about how to grant his Grandma's wish. He starts to think of something but is no use. Then Kris’ name crossed his mind. Kris often helps give him advice because Kris’ mind is more mature than the oldest Xiumin. Kai goes to see Kris at his house.

"Hyung? What are you doing?" Kai arrived to see Kris curled up in his bed, producing smoke in his room.

"Oh you Kai."

"You smoke?" Kai asked.

"Yes, this can help me solve all the complicated matter in my head. Do you want to try?" Kris handed Kai a cigarette which actually contain .

"But hyung ..." Kai looked doubtful, but Kris assured him.

"Try it, this is only a light cigarette. You won't regret it." Kris lit a cigarette and Kai tries it. He coughs few times because this is his first time of smoking but he began to feel his mind feeling light.

"You're right hyung. This thing totally relieves my mind." Kai starts to lose his consciousness while Kris began to plan something evil about it.