Growing Closer

The Love

The bell rang, indicating that the school time had come to an end. Yoonhee blew an impatient raspberry and fixed her skirt. She received a message from her father that he’s gonna be late. She glanced around at her school, Seoul High, and looking for a place so he could wait for her father to come. She shook her head as she watched a group of girls walked in a skimpy uniform. She thought that this school is so weird for letting those kind of behavior to arise. She started to remembered that at first, she hated to enter this school because this place was so full of elite people whom either famous, rich, or smart. It’s her parents wish that she could enrolled here and she won’t dissappointed them. Well she’s smart so enrolled in this school won’t be a problem at all.

Another text pop out again and this time her dad apologize that there’s a sudden appointment with a client and he couldn’t picked her up. She sighed and started to make a walk to the bus stop when suddenly a car stop by her side. Kai step out of the car and smiled like he knows that this will happened.

“All right. Now you must choose. Going home with me or the serial killer?” He grinned.

Yoonhee raised an eyebrow, wondering if she should be suspicious or not. “Why you always make fun of me?” She sourly pouted.

Kai smirked to see the girl pouted and asked, “Would it make you happy if the serial killer really offered you a ride home?” Yoonhee shot him a look and Kai held up his arms in surrender. “Just joking.”

Yoonhee crossed her arms. “How do you know that i needed a ride home anyways?”

Kai replied. “I don’t know. Must be a fate then.” He smirked.

The car is in between them and they are staring at each other with the twinkling eyes.

“Song Yoonhee. Let’s go home.” Kai tapped his car.

“I owe you again then.” She smiled and thought. *Kim Jongin.....Thank You*

 

 

“Bye, Kai!” Yoonhee waved happily at Kai. It seems like they already getting along really well. Kai smiled back and also waved.

Yoonhee was about to go when Kai called her name, “Song Yoonhee.” She paused and turned her head. “Your t*pperware.” Kai handed over the lunch box and smiled. “I would be happy if you bring it again tomorrow.” He grinned and her lips twitched upward into a crooked smile. “Yeah~ Yeah~ Just don’t get used to it. I’m not your wife.” She rolled her eyes while mumbling the few last words.

Kai smiled but pretended to not hear that and with a meek wave, he left.

 

 

*I wish i had the courage before to ask her out.* Kai regreted his short meeting with Song Yoonhee and picked up his school back. He step out of his car and entering his mansion. He changed from his uniform and left his house again to meet his friends. He went to the cozy cafe where EXO used to hang out and stood in the line to order some hot cocoa. Not long after that, Suho appeared. She brought a girl who squealed immediately when she sees Kai.

*Who is that?!* Kai wondered.

Suho crossed his arms. “I recognize your look. You must be forgot that today you’ll have a date with her.” He pointedly glanced in the girl’s direction.

“Hello Kai! I’m Eun Moon. I’m like your biggest fan and when i heard that you’re looking for a date, it’s like.. OMG.. my dreams come true ya lord. Also you don’t have to ask me anything. The answer is yes yes yes i definitely want to became your girlfriend. OH MY GOSH!” She squealed and fainted herself.

*This girl definitely has some issues. Gotta run.* Kai thought and slipped away from the cafe when Suho still fanning the girl to wake up.

 

 

*Hmm.. not my type at all. All right now where shall i find my girlfriend.* Kai rubbed his palms together when he saw a girl came out from a store with a shopping bag. He excitedly ran after her and stop next to her.

“Psst. Song Yoonhee.” Kai hissed. She turned her head.

Kai take away her shopping bag. “I’ll bring it for you.”

Yoonhee shockingly glanced at Kai. *Who does he think he is coming here and acted like some sort of gentleman.* She grabbed her stuff back. “Beats me. I could carry my own stuff.”

Kai growled. “Yah Song Yoonhee. I’m just trying to be nice okay.” He snatched the bag and raise it high enough so Yoonhee couldn’t reach it. “And you could thank me by treating me some ice cream. So do me a favor, don’t be so stubborn, arrasseo?” Kai walked ahead with his long legs, leaving her dumbfounded.

“Yah! Who let you decide?!”

---

Kai crossed his arms with a slightly amused, friendly smile. “I heard that this place serve a delicious ice cream.” Yoonhee only stared at him.

“Are you still mad about earlier? Please forgive me okay. I won’t do that again.” Kai pouted and pinched his ears like a naughty kid being punished. Seeing Kai like that, Yoonhee couldn’t help but chuckled.

“Apologize accepted Kim Jongin and because of your cuteness, i decided to give you a second chance. I knew you’re just trying to be nice, but i prefer to carry my own stuff and not trying to burden anyone. You got it?” Yoonhee held out her hand with an amiable grin.

Kai smirked, bewildered of the situation and shake Yoonhee’s hand. “Arra.” Firmly, he stared at the girl in front of her and lowered his hand. “Song Yoonhee.... I..?”

“Hmm?” Yoonhee tilted her head, wondered of what Kai’s about to say.

“Do you want to help me?” Kai asked.

“What do you mean?” Yoonhee blinked.

Kai seriously looked at her. “Help me save my grandma.”

“Hah?” Yoonhee looked back at him with flabbergasted expression and cautiously approached him. “Wh-what happen with her?”

Kai smirked and answered the question. “She wanted you to be my girlfriend.”