Being Played

The Love

“Die you Kim Jong In!” A tall namja shouted while pressing the game pad in his hand. While the namja named Kim Jong In seemed overwhelmed to beat his challenger. He didn’t know that his challenger was cheating. Kim Jong In was challenged in a game that he never touched. Without starting from the first level, he had to play the last level of the game.

“Now, what do you want? I have to pay for your ‘lucky’ victory anyway.” Said Kai.

“You've lost the game. Yet, you still so arrogant.” Said the tall namja named Kris.

“You only defeat me for this time, Kris. Did your brain shrink that you forget?” Asked Kai which make Kris’ face turned red with anger and shame.

“Now you have to pay me 100.000 won!” Kris shouted.

“100.000 won for your cheated game?!” Kai furiously stomped.

“Don’t be so cheap. That's only half of the money I ever lost to you!” Kris sent him a scathing glare.

“Ah, so you want your money back? Fine!” Kai yelled.

“I’ll give you two weeks. If you can’t pay me, then your PS4 will be the replacement!!” Kris furious to saw that Kai seems not appalled by the threat. Deep down he felt so stupid for only asking 100.000 from Kai, who is a chaebol.

---

Kai slammed his wallet. He racked his hair in frustration for not having money at the moment. Usually, money won’t be a problem at all. Unfortunately, a few days ago his grandma just block all his cards. He’s intended to get some money by winning a game over Kris but to his dismay he only earned a debt. *I have to plea grandma for some mercy.* He sniffled.

---

“Grandma, do you want me to make you some tea?” Asked Kai while back hugging his grandmother’s shoulder.

“Omo..! You’re home already? It’s so unusual for you to be home this early!” Grandma gasped loudly in astonishment.

“Ah grandma. I come home early because I miss you and because I’m a good grandson of yours, he he. So? How was the offer? You’d like me to serve your favorite tea?” Kai sheepishly grinned.

“It depends on the price tag.” Grandma rolled her eyes. She already knew what this is all about.

“It’s not much, only 100.000 won from my lovely grandma.” Kai put his best angelic smile only to look like a wolf wear a sheep clothes.

“Are you lost some of your mind to your games??!” Grandma smacked Kai in the forehead with a magazine.

“Ah grandma, you easily spent 200.000 for my suit yesterday. Why can’t I asked for the half of it?” Kai whined like a child.

“You brat! That suit is for the gala dinner! Of course I wouldn’t hesitated.” Grandma ignored Kai’s frustrated face and read a magazine.

“Grandma please. It’s a matter of life and death. It’s for my future.” Grandma still calmly flipped the pages. “All right then, I guess I’m not your favorite grandson anymore.” Kai fake a weak sobbed and slowly walked away.

“100.000 won is easy if you bring home your girlfriend.” Grandma’s voice slowly echoed in Kai’s mind and makes him stop walking

“Did grandma just said a girlfriend?” Kai blinked his eyes. “With a ‘girl’ word in it?”

Grandma turned his attention back to his grandson, “Why not? I’m so afraid that you’ll turn gay since I never seen a girl before in your life! I will give you 100.000 won plus all credit cards back if you introduce her to me a week from now.”

*A girlfriend? I’m not even close to any girl at this moment.* Kai thought. “But...”

“I’ll see her in five days.” Grandma cut short Kai’s words.

“Grandma, we could talk about this first …” Kai begged.

“Three days! That’s final and if you failed then I will trash away all of your video games or whatsoever the games were called. You won’t even have the chance of saying goodbye to them.” Grandma crossed her arms. “And also not just some random girls but a girl who will fit my criteria.” She added.

“Fine.” Kai surrendered. He knew anyway that he couldn’t win over his grandma’s words. *Three days are too short. There’s a lot of girls out there, but it’s not easy to find someone that will match the criteria. Ah! I am Kim Jong In. How hard could it be to find a nice girl for my grandma.* He smirked.

---

The next day, Kai and his friends were out to get some hot cocoa. They went into a cozy cafe and sit near the window.

“A girlfriend?” Xiumin raised an eyebrow.

“Ah, I see. He’s getting crazy because of his game.” Suho added.

“Hmm... I think he needs to see a doctor.” Baekhyun thoughtfully looked at Kai.

While Chen, Chanyeol, and Lay carefully glanced back at Kai, who was seething because of the comments.

“Well, if you’re not crazy. Do you want me to set you up?” Luhan calmly asked.

Kai stared at him, surprised. “Really hyung? I knew that I could always count on you.” He beamed before throwing dagger’s look to the rest of the gang. “Unlike them.”

“Yeah, all right.” Luhan flashed his dazzling smile. “You all knew that I’ll be moving back to China this semester right? So maybe~ I could set you up with some cute Chinese girl in there.” He added a playful wink.

“No, hyung! Don’t give me some Chinese chick. I couldn’t speak mandarin.” Kai’s heart squeezed. “Besides... Chinese girls only makes me remembered the bastard Kris who got me this trouble.”

“I’m really sorry then but I couldn’t help you.” Luhan answered. “Besides... Chinese girls doesn’t like a childish brat like you.” He playfully smirked.

“Huh?” Kai stared at Luhan and his eyes widened. “Yah! Xi Luhan! What the hell man? Aish...” He sip the drink.

D.O met eyes with Kai and smirked smugly. “All of us could’ve help you but again it’s your own fault to make a bet with Kris in the first place. You knew that he always plays dirty yet you still done it anyway.”

“Come on guys. Please don’t make me crying over the spilt milk. Would you guys rather if I turn poor then?” Kai pouted and lightly elbowed Tao’s side. “Come on. Just introduce me to some girls and I’ll choose one of them to be my girlfriend.”

Sehun frowned at the last comment. “Don’t hurt their feelings hyung. You can’t just date a random girl without love.” He reminded.

Kai smiled to the gang. “I wouldn’t have gone out with a girl so easily. Besides, I’m doing this only for my grandma. Why would I use ‘the love’ thingy to a girl I barely even know?” Kai smiled reassuringly. “Don’t worry guys. I’ll try to make it as natural as possible so no one will get hurt.”