The 'Song Yoonhee'

The Love

Yoonhee opened her eyes and woke up to a bright Tuesday. She jumped out of bed and darted to the window. Yoonhee pulled the curtain wide open and peered out at the fresh morning. A big smile came on her face. *It’s a beautiful Tuesday morning, and it’s about to become even better.*

Mrs. Song began calling everyone for breakfast. Yoonhee slipped on her school uniform and stepped outside. She looked angelic in her white T-shirt and gray skirt.

“Yoonhee!” Mrs. Song called.

“Coming!” She replied, and headed downstairs.

Mr. and Mrs. Song were sitting at the table already. “Good morning mom and dad!” Yoonhee skipped over and gave them both warm hugs. “Good morning, sweetheart.” Mrs. Song beamed. “Morning too.” Mr. Song responded.

Yoonhee sat across from them and began to eat their chocolate pancakes.

“Would you like coffee, yeobo?” Mrs. Song asked. “Yes, please!” Mr. Song answered.

“Me, too, mom.” Yoonhee said. “You? Coffee?” Mrs. Song laughed and waved her hand in dismissal. “You’re still in high school. You don’t need coffee.”

“Yeah. Just drink milk.” Mr. Song added. Yoonhee scowled. “Milk is for kids.”

“Exactly.” Mr. Song and Mrs. Song said in chorus.

“I’m not kid! I want coffee!” She demanded.

“You’re acting like a kid now.” Mrs. Song pointed out, causing Mr. Song to laugh. “Just give the kid some coffee.”

“Thank you-wait...HEY! DAD!” Yoonhee complained.

“What? Did i say something wrong?” Mr. Song blinked innocently. Now Mrs. Song laughing too.

Yoonhee rolled her eyes. “It’s not funny.” “It is to us.” Mrs. Song poked her ribs with a wink, and she couldn’t stay mad at her parents.

After a scrumptious breakfast, Mr. Song clapped his hands. “Ready for school?!”

“Please don’t forget me again like yesterday dad. It’s rained plus so horror but thank god i’m still alive.” Yoonhee groaned with her forehead in her palm.

Mrs. Song frowned. “So your father didn’t pick you up, huh?” She turned to her husband for explanation.

Mr. Oh winced. “I’m sorry, honey, but when i got to her school. There’s already no one in there. I guess our little girl doesn’t want to wait for her appa.”

“Because it’s only me in the school and thank god a boy from my class willingly to drive me home.” She added.

“Really? Is he handsome? Do you like him?” Mrs. Song beamed and patted Yoonhee cheek gratefully. “Thank you God. I thought uri Yoonhee will never had a boyfriend.”

Yoonhee rolled her eyes. “He’s not my boyfriend ma. He’s just a mere boy from my class.” *I just dug my own funeral by mention ‘a boy’.* Mr. Song only chuckled and sipped his second cup of coffee.

“Yes, but he’s still a boy and a friend of yours. Which make him technically your boy-friend.” Mrs. Song brought out three lunch boxes. She handed one to Mr. Song and two boxes to Yoonhee. “You have to thank him today. Give one box to him and said thank you for driving you home yesterday. That’s an order, missy.”

Yoonhee cautiously accepted the cute lunch boxes. “Omo, umma! This is so embarrassing!”

Mrs. Song beamed and reached over to give Yoonhee a hug. “I just wanted to thank the boy for driving you home safely. Now go or you’re gonna be late.”

Yoonhee pouted, obviously doesn’t like the idea but he’s still put the lunch boxes in her bag and kiss her mom a goodbye. “Bye ma.”

Mr. Song then drive Yoonhee to her school before he himself go to his office to work. She bid her father’s a goodbye beforing entering the school yards. Her face fell at the sight of Kai leaning at one of the school pillars, like he’s been waiting for someone. *Uh-oh. He’s looking at my direction. Is he waving at me?! Oh no! What if someone saw him like that and start gossiping bad things. I must get outta’ here.*

“How do you do?” Kai approached and beamed at her.

Yoonhee dragged him to a quiet corner and kicked his ankle. “ARGH! AHH!” He hissed in pain and gawped at her. She shot him a look and shook her head.

“What was that for?” Kai asked, confused by the brutality that had just happened to him.

“It’s your own fault. Do you want me to be bullied by your fans?” She hurriedly reached for her bag and dumped the lunch box into his hands. “Here. Eat this.”

“Why so sudden?” Kai smirked.

“Er, it’s a thank you? For driving me home yesterday and sorry about that.” She lamely muttered while pointing Kai’s ankle.

Kai was so happy and was glad that he had stopped to wave at Yoonhee earlier. “I was just afraid that the serial killer will followed you home so i was just asking how do you do?” He smirked.

“Haha.. very funny. Bye.” Yoonhee laughed sarcastically and tried to slipped away so she could go to her classroom.

“Where are you going?” Kai asked.

“To the place where all students belong Kim Jongin. The classroom.” Yoonhee beamed and walked again.

“FYI.. I’m going to eat your lunch box very well.” Kai promised and Yoonhee glanced at him in a smile before she make it to the class.

 

 

Kai opened the lunch box with great care. There was bibimbap in there which shook Kai’s heart into think that this is the taste of a food made by a mother. Xiumin plopped down next to him with a big smile. “Your lunch box looked tasty, but i never saw that you’re brought a lunch box before.”

“Some angel made it for me.” Kai eat the bibimbap well while gazed at Yoonhee who’s busy eating her own lunch with her friends. “Now i’d like to have a lunch box.. everyday.” His face softened. *I wonder why i never notice her before. Now, i couldn't help but always looked at her direction.

*Yah Kim Minseok." Kai straightened up.

"Hmm?" Xiumin took a scoop of Kai's lunch and looked at him.

"You know...Song Yoonhee, right?"

"Song Yoonhee? Yeah, she's over there eating with her friends. Speaking of him," Xiumin jolted up and stared at Kai with probing eyes. "I saw her leaving with you yesterday after you ditch me and Chloe. Gosh you bastard. What is your relationship with her? Are you perhaps...dating her?"

Kai shook her head. "No, of course not! I was running from you and Chloe yesterday and it happened to be rained so i was just being nice by offering a ride home. That's all."

"Hmm. All right then. What were you saying about Song Yoonhee then?" Xiumin prompted.

"She hit me yesterday. Like.. seriously hit me.. with her bag.. and it hurted. But.." Kai tilted his head.

"But?" Xiumin asked.

Kai crossed his arms. "I kinda like it." He smirked.

Xiumin face palming himself . "Yah! Neo! Crazy tsundere. Aish. You've been playing too much game!" He smack the back of Kai's head, snatched another scoop of rice, and left.