BURNED

It was always One-sided

I’m sorry but my sister will come the next days so I can’t promise to write everyday because of this.

CHAPTER 4- BURNED

“Don’t hurt me” Rose whispered

“The way you’re acting, you’re hurting yourself and it’s killing me” Rose chocked back the sobs.

Lisa simply held Rose to her chest and rubbed her already tousled hair. After a few moments, Rose broke the hug.

“We should get you patched up” Rose quickly said.

“Thanks for protecting me, Rose……. You know—in the conversation at the kitchen” Lisa whispered.

“How did—“ Rose was cut off.

“I heard”

-----------------

Jennie watched the painful scene unfold. She saw how Lisa smiled at Rose and how Rose protected Lisa. Jennie’s mind was swirling and her heart was bleeding. She stared at Jisoo which was at her side who looked full on guilty. I plan to say sorry to her tonight. At least, I’ll try. I can’t bear to see her face because of shame that I am the one who hurt her, that I am one of the causes why she comes home late, why she gets depressed, why she sleeps at that uncomfortable couch, why she needs an escape. I hate it, I hate it. I hated myself the night she confessed at the dining room. I felt disgust at first but it slowly faded but I was too late, it faded when she was starting to lose herself. That night, I was pressured. Everyone’s eyes were on me when Jisoo asked the question of how I feels so I said what I should feel. She should feel disgust, right? WRONG She should have said the real things. She was only disgusted for about a minute, but it slowly turned into nothing.

Now I pay the price

I paced back and forth at the living room with Jisoo. We were contemplating on what to do. I mean, we had to do something.

“Jennie, I think we should just go real on this. Tell her how sorry we were” Jisoo said.

“Yes, we should” Jennie replied.

They keep saying those words but nothing was happening. They were just pacing back and forth at the living room because they were unsure of how to approach her especially because she was wounded, hurting and depressed. That’s when Jennie thought of it, she should just go out and buy some painkillers.

“Jisoo, I’ll just buy some painkillers”

Jennie let herself out the dorm. She walked in the long road before reaching the nearest convenience store. Her legs were shaking and wobbly. She set herself on the shelf with variety of medicines.

Which one does she need?

She didn’t know what was really good for bruises and what else Lisa have.

Oh god

Jennie remembered it. Lisa’s wounds were seen by Rose. Rose was the only one who knew if Lisa had some wounds, bruses, open scratches or what. She remembered it clearly, how for a split second Rose lifted up Lisa’s shirt to see what needs to be treated. She wishes she was in that position instead of this.

She ends up buying a lot of stuff out of frustration.

As she was in the counter, ready to pay. Jennie’s eyes caught a glimpse of a shelf full of food such as noodles and snacks. She decided to grab some easy cook noodles for Lisa in the morning to  eat.

As she was returning to the counter, someone shouted.

Sh*t

“LOOK! JENNIE OF BLACKPINK”

People have started to swarm her that she just gave the bill and told that she’ll get her change the following days. Her exit was blocked and a lot of people were taking pictures of her. The flashes of the cameras were blinding her.

“Jennie, who are you buying that for?”

“Jennie, are you injured?”

“What happened to you, Jennie?”

“Did you get in an accident?”

Oh my god, this might actually be in the articles

Jennie sighed and politely excused her way as she hailed a cab instead of waling because the people were swarming. Jennie told him the place but she told her to go extra fast and to circle around the roads before stopping at the dorm to lose the people.

She entered the dorm after arrival. She immediately brought the paperbag to her room and to check on Lisa’s condition.

Jennie’s smile and enthusiasm quickly disappred. Her smile melted to a frown because of what she saw.

Lisa was sitting cross legged on her part of the largely shared bed where Rose was behind her. Lisa’s top body was bare and a crumpled up blanket which she held in her chest was the only cover for her body. Lisa’s back was exposed to Rose as Rose was placing medicine all over the wounds. Lisa’s hisses of pain were muffled by the blanket as Lisa was screaming with her face planted on her knees.

Jennie quickly noticed that there were also in her legs and arms. Don’t tell me Rose will also place medicine there.

As Jennie saw the scene, she didn’t realize that a tear fell. A single tear which was caused by herself. She hurt Lisa a lot of times and this was the price.

Jennie’s legs retreated out of reflex and she was thankful that the two didn’t notice the open door. Jennie went into the living room and tears fell along with the paper bag. Jisoo was already in her room probably because Jennie was taking hours to buy the useless stuff.

Jennie’s heart was crumbling to pieces because she hurt Lisa, a lot of times. She do care for Lisa, a lot.

She went into Jisoo’s bedroom where Jisoo was asleep. Guess I’ll sleep in here. She placed herself on the bed and faced the wall. She turned away from Jisoo’s gaze to let the tears fall. Her heart was aching and her mind was contemplating a lot of the scenarios where Jennie hurt Lisa.

The time when I shouted to Lisa

The time I humiliated Lisa

The time I made Lisa a laughingstock in front of cameras

The time I didn’t talk to Lisa because of a petty quarrel.

 

All because of me.

She fell asleep with dried tears.

……

The morning was devoid of happiness and dull for Jennie but she quickly remembered the noodles and tried to grab it in the living room while nobody was still wake. She was prepared to fix stuff. She planned to say sorry to Lisa and cook for her at the morning. She heated water and she her heart was pacing while boiling the noodles. She placed a bowl of soup at a tray.

She was going to the dorm when the door suddenly opened. Rose was in front of Jennie who was holding a tray of soup.

“Would you like some?” Jennie asked.

Jennie came back to the table and placed the tray for Lisa. She grabbed a bowl and handed it to Rose.

“Oh yeah, Eonnie…. Ummm Can I sleep with Lisa from now on?” Rose asked.

What?

She would never let that. If she let that happen, Jennie would completely lose Lisa. A vein popped at Jennie which made her explode in anger. She placed the bowl at the table.

“How come you get to decide? Why, Rose?” Jennie questioned.

Rose turned quiet but spoke after a few moments.

“Jennie………… It wasn’t me who brought it up. Eonnie, Lisa suggested it.”

What?

Jennie faced away from Rose and tears were falling. She went into her room and opened the door.  Lisa was standing up. The sight of Lisa shocked Jennie and so did the sight of Jennie shocked Lisa. They both jolted out of reflex.

“Lisa, why?” Jennie asked.

She reached her hand out to place at Lisa’s shoulder. Jennie looked at Lisa’s eyes and what greeted her was foreign. Lisa’s eyes changed. It wasn’t the old eyes that were adoring her so much, it wasn’t the eyes that were always begging her for attention, it wasn’t the eyes that were always looking up to her, understanding her and caring for her. Lisa’s eyes looked sad, depressed and a bit angry.

Suddenly, her touch burned.