Chapter 18

Thank you for everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nayeon’s POV

 

                I am confused by Mina’s words. At the time, there is a cute little kid running to Mina directly from the main door. “Mommy………” She is cute with ponytail and she is holding two white roses. Mina stretches her arms and welcomes the little girl. “Come to mama …” The little girl goes to Mina’s hug and giggling. Mina picks her up and “Nora…say Hi to Aunty Nayeon” she looks at me and slowly she smile until her small teeth showing. I cannot help but smile as well. “Who is she?” “My daughter…” “Oh…I did not know that you got married….” I feel upset at myself not knowing my friend got married already. But I am sure she never invite me and may be did the wedding secretly.

                “So who’s the lucky guy?” Mina just smile at my question. “Mom…this rose is for you and this one is for me…” Nora gives one of the white roses to Mina and takes one herself.  Then she looks at me and thinking something. “Aunty…do you also want the white rose? I will give you mine” She is so cute that I want to . I rolled my eyes and act like I am thinking. “Well…I won’t take yours but how about you give me your mother’s rose?” This time she is looking at me and her mom and thinking really hard. “Take mine …and don’t take my mom’s because …this rose is mommy handsome especially gives to mommy pretty.”  “mommy handsome?”

                At the same time, I hear the sound door opens and there is the familiar voice coming from the door.“Ya….little monkey Nora…..I am looking for you and now you are talking about me to your mommy pretty? “  I still cannot see who that is because Mina at my sight. Then Mina put Nora down and Nora runs to that person. Then my eyes follow to that person. The tall figure…wearing blue sweater and black pants…. And the spectacles are on the face…..slowly that person kneels down one leg and stretching her arms waiting for little girl.

                I become froze at the moment staring at her face. The face that I used to love to touch…the smile which is the reason of my smiles’ existence, the sweet eyes that I used to love to stare the whole time….. the pretty hands that I did have to let go…..she is laughing with the little girl and slowly walking to us….slowly and slowly… “Mina…Nora played too much…she has so much energy” Mina caress her cheeks and even wipes her sweats on her forehead.  Then she turns to me and introduce to me. “Nayeon….this is my wife Yoo Kyeongwan ….babe…this is my friend Im Nayeon…today’s her event…1st book publish.” She makes an eye contact with me and smile at me. Her smile is still so sweet but I thought I will never see her smile anymore. What is happening? She is still alive. But why her name becomes different and she seems like she is seeing me for the first time. What’s going on? A lot of questions hit me and I’m so confused.

                She hands me for handshake but she takes it back soon because I don’t reply her. I am just staring at her carefully. Then I look at Mina. She is just chilling. She acts like that’s all natural and nothing special is happening. May be I am the only one seeing wrong…may be I see Jeongyeon’s face at everywhere. I rub my eyes and look at her again. She is still her….No that cannot be…

                “Miss Nayeon..nice to meet you..I just read your novel…that’s great…congratulations…” [ps: in Nayeon’s novel….using fake names for characters] I cannot even say thanks to her…I am just blankly staring at her.

                “Babe…can you two please wait for me at the parking lot….I need a little chat with Nayeon..I will catch up soon..” She nods and holds Nora’s hands and they both bow to me and leave us. I take one step to follow her and my hand is hanging on the air. “Jeongyeon…..jeongyeon….” my voice comes out softly. Mina stops me following. And soon…they are out of my sight. Now I have to give a message to my head. And  I need to ask Mina a lot of questions. “Nayeon…please don’t ask me anything …everything that you want to know is inside the papers. You go home first then read it carefully….then you will know about what you want to know”  “Mina….this is serious….I mean just tell me is she Jeongyeon or not…please just tell me only that thing..” I grab her arms as begging me she just take off my hands and looks at me coldly. “I cannot…just read…I have to go now Nayeon…”

                She left ….she just left…I am still standing …holding tight the envelope that she gave me. I cancel other events for that day and go back to my apartment directly. I still cannot believe my eyes. Now all I want to do is read those papers. The dark living room is welcoming me and there is 2yeon…may be he is saying congratulations to me for the achievement. But I cannot even look at him. I switch on the light and curtain roll up to see the city view and to clear my mind for the moment. I cannot be able to concentrate on the letter because my mind is so messy with the questions.

                I sit on the couch and staring at the envelope that Mina gave me. 2yeon comes near me and lie down. I pat his hair for a while and slowly he fall sleep. Now my attention is back to the letters and I decided to read it finally but I really have to be strong for whatever inside the letters.

“Hey Nayeon….long time no see… even though we mentioned each other as best friends, I made a lot of mistakes to you when it comes to love. I know myself too but love wins Nayeon. I laugh when I remember people make definitions of love…they say when people love someone so much, they can give up so many things like wealth, future goals and even their family. But the funny thing is they can give up on that person anymore when that person choose others and make separate ways. When that person leave them, they just stand still there and not stopping leaving them but what they say is ‘I will be happy even if your happiness is not included me..I will give up on you to see your smile’. I wonder why did they can easily give up if they love that person so much. For me, I will fight for my love to mine. Even if I need to be evil, I am okay. I am just explaining to you about me because soon you will see my evil side.

                Let’s go back to the time, Jeongyeon got car accident and doing the operation in Hospital. I did say that she is dead to you girls right? Alirght…let’s go back to that time.

5years ago, at the K hospital,

Author’s POV

 

                There are a lot of blood on Jeongyeon’s body. And she is vomiting the blood from her inner organs. The doctors are sweating a lot but cannot even wipe that they are so busy saving Jeong’s life. “We need emergency blood right now. Hurry” The nurse who went out to take blood comes back again “Sir...we don’t have emergency blood for her blood type”  “No way…she will die any time soon” “Hurry….make a announcement for blood donation” One of the doctors come out and going to make an announcement but he bumps to Mina who is running to the operation room.

                The doctor helps her to stand up. Mina asks him hurry and her voice is stammering. “Do …do you know Jeongyeon…the girl who got hit by car….I heard she is in operation room. Do you know her? …is she okay?....she is okay right…tell me she is okay” Mina grabs the doctor arms tight and asking. “Who are you? Sorry Miss…I have emergency..I have to go…yes the girl is now in the operation room and she is in dangerous situation “ Mina shakes her head and tears falling down. Then she kneels down and begs holding the doctor’s leg. “Sir…please save her…she ..she is my life….i will die if something happens to her…take my blood…..I have a lot of money…..I have a house ….take everything …take everything you want but….please save her…I only her…she cannot die …please”  “Miss…are you her family member? What’s your blood type…we need AB- “  “Ab-?....mine is AB- too …can take mine?” “You sure ? …okay…let’s go to take your blood ….we need to hurry” he grabs her arms and helps her to stand up. Now Mina wipes her tears and runs with the doctor to give her rare blood type for her love.

                “Thanks god…we have same blood type..” Mina says as she touches the bandage on her arm. She just take out a lot of blood and gave it for the operation. “When will the operation done?” she asks her assistant. “Not sure yet Miss…oh the doctor come” “Thank you for the help Miss…because of you she is finally back to the life…but unfortunately she is still in coma…all we need to do is to wish for her wake up” finally she can sigh. “Thanks god…I feel relief that she still can breathe…” “miss….hmmm…Nayeon and her friend is here …asking for Jeongyeon” Mina facial expression changes as soon as she hears the name. She smirks as she decided something. “Doctors…..helpers…..you all need to do some acting….”

                Mina goes out and just tell one thing to Nayeon that ‘Jeong is dead’ after what she said, she prepare everything for the fake death, she made fake death, funeral, news. Latterly, she announces the world that Jeongyeon is dead by car accident. She moves Jeongyeon to her house and does everything for her to get better but Jeongyeon is still in coma. And there comes the good news to me.

                “OMG…sweetheart …..there is a good news.” Mina’s father runs to his daughter. His daughter is meanwhile sitting beside Jeongyeon and wiping Jeongyeon face to clean. “What’s good news….dad” that must be really good news seeing her father’s hands are even shaking. “Someone from Korea made a body donation and her blood type is same with yours. And last week ago, she was dead and the body was kept by the donation centre for now. They called us to tell good news just now. So, we need to hurry and go to get her cornea.” Mina seems not even moved by that good news, not even stop clea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter