Chapter 15

Thank you for everything
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jeongyeon’s POV

 

Now we are at the famous Lion Monument in Lucerne. It is a giant dying lion carved out of a wall of sandstone rock above a pond at the east end of the medieval town. This is interesting creature. We explore around there and now we see the wish fountain where is that we wish what we want and throw the coin to the fountain. The guide explain us that have actually prayers answered and all we need to do it wish and throw the coin into. “Mina..do you want to?” I put coin inside her palm “Yes…I have something to wish” She closes her eyes tight and being serious at the moment then she throw the coin inside. “Goal…Mina ..your one is in..and your wish become true.” She smiles but her facial expression looks kind of sad. “I hope so Jeong..your turn” “Oh..okay…btw I’m really good at basketball so I will throw it backwards.” Mina laughs is back. “Jeong…don’t try too hard okay? May be you are good at it..but I won’t be able to see your dunk shot”

                I back face the fountain and make a wish. “Nayeon and me Jeongyeon be forever” I throw the coin And instead of hearing the coin hits the water sound,  I hear the sound that coin hits the stone and roll back to my leg. I look at the coin and cannot even pick it up and standing still. Some kind of uneasy feeling just hit my heart. The guide understand what’s happening so he quickly pick the coin and gives me “that happens sometimes, may be you try again.” I just shake my head and still feel uneasy about my wish. “Jeong…are you okay? What happen?” I grab her hands and quickly leave from that place. “Nothing Mina..I’m hungry…let’s head back to hotel okay?” She nods.

                “Jeong…today is the last day of the trip…do you want anything to do in your mind?” Mina seems sad that today is the last day of the trip and may be last hanging out together.  “I don’t know..I will just follow you and have fun.” I still cannot keep what happened in yesterday out from my head. “Then I want to take you to the high place”  “What?...no I hate high place.” She shows her evil smile and rubbing her chin like a professor.

                “Ah…..Mina………Why?.............OMG…I really hate this high…OMG…” I scream …I scream like my throat will die soon. Because we are in the helicopter flying around the Matterhorn mountain. The mountain view must be really nice to see but now here I am still cannot open my eyes and the whole body is shaking. “you not afraid the plane and you afraid this small thing” “Ya…this is moving around too much…and very shaky..who not scared of that damn thing…Mina ya….let’s get down” “No…I want to show you around the mountain…come on look at the view and don’t hold my hand too firmly..it’s hurt.” “I release lightly holding her hands but I am tired of screaming so hard just now and trying to catch m breathe.

                “Come on..look at the view and tell me what you see….I want to listen to your comment” I try my best to open my eyes slowly. Actually my head is not spinning or I am not even dizzy but I am really scared  but I have to be brave for this time, to admire my most wanted to see view and also want to tell Mina about the view. The view is amazing, the mountains are covered by snow all over the place. This is so much better in real life than I imagine. And this is the moment I will always remember and take a photograph on my brain and heart. I don’t know what to explain to Mina because the view is so perfect.

                But when I look at her, she is carefully ready to listen from me. And I am here staying so close to her face. Her ears become up and her eyes become wild waiting for what I will say about the view. Now I can clearly see her dreamy mole on her nose. I wonder her cheeks are so soft because it’s shining. “The mountain is so beautiful that I cannot express with any word …but I think I just found out that you are way more beautiful ..like a goddess.” This time I am sure that I am not thinking out loud in my mind. This time I am whispering to Mina. Her face becomes red as she is embarrassed and she turns her face to the other side. But I absolutely know that she is smiling wildly.

                Now we are here at Rose Garden in old town Bern after the heavy lunch. I think this garden is the collection of what Mina loves because there are a lot of colourful roses all over the place. As soon as we come in, the smell of the roses make me to inebriate. I am here actually to take a nap. So, I set the mat on the grass and lie down. Let Mina also lie down and use my arm as the pillow. The sun light is just perfect to take a nap. But I can sense Mina cannot sleep and shift to my side. “Mina..is there any place you want to go if your eyes vision is back?” “Hmm…..Korea” “You never been to Korea before?” “Yes, never….because I decided to go there only I can see clearly everything”

                “Korea is so beautiful…you should see that” “Will you leave me if my vision is back?” I have clear answer for her question and the answer is already prepared but I still won’t be able to say that to her. Her life is hurt enough and I cannot break her heart anymore. “One day that I can see clearly, the person I want to see first is you. May be you love me back when I am able to see.” I have nothing to reply her back and instead of that, I am slowly going to dreamland. My dream is always beautiful because there is Nayeon. Nayeon and I are playing around in Rose Garden. We pick the roses secretly and help her to adorn the pink rose above her ear. She looks so elegant with the rose and so feminine. But soon her nature is back because she just put the ice-cream on my face.

My whole face is covered by ice-cream. Then I grab her and hold her tight then I put my cheek on her cheek and make her face also covered by ice-cream. Then I run away as I stick out my tongue. While I am running away from her, I stop for a while and turn back to her. She is standing still and looking at me. Her face is expressionless then she turns back and walks away to the opposite of me. I run to her and try to catch her but all I grab is the wind and not her. This time, I don’t even see her shadow. Where she go….where is she? Why she walks away from me.

“Jeong…..jeong….wake up….you are screaming…” now I open my eyes and I see myself lying on the mat and Mina is beside me. I am sweating a lot and trying to catch the breathe. “Are you okay Jeong? Do you need water?” “It’s okay….I was…I was just ….nothing…” I don’t want to remember this dream but I still cannot erase that. “Jeong…it’s evening already….shall we go to have dinner” “alright let’s go”

Now we are at the unplugged bar and having dinner and a little bit of drinks. “Cheers…this is our last day of the trip” I said and drink the wine as one shot. Her hand is still in the air and she doesn’t drink and put on the table. “I had a lot fun..thanks to you” “Jeong…..I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter