-8-

A New Him

Time flew quite fast. It’s already three days away from your graduation day. Also the same day you would fly to Japan. Done with spending time with your friends, including Jisoo, you spent the rest of the reamining days before graduation at home. You honestly could not stop wondering whether what Eunwoo said was true or just to frame his ex. For you, it was possible for someone like him to actually did that. He was not a really a good person to begin with. He might be nice to you, but not to other people. Of course he was always in a good manner whenever he’s with you cause he knew your temper was worse than his.

Without you knowing, Eunwoo was thinking about what he had said too. He knew that was too much and too gross to be true. He was slightly embarrased by that, adding the fact you heard all of what he said. For that, he had been contemplating whether he should explain to you or just leave it to your imagination.

“Aish! What’s wrong with me? She didn’t even ask.”

 

It’s finally graduation day. The day you received you bachelor’s degree. Eunwoo too. You were beyond happy to have Jiho attended the ceremony to accompany you. As your brother, his wide smile proved how proud he was. Unlike the usual, your brother was super diligent helping you taking pictures of you and your friends. He volunteered himself!

 

“You better not tell anyone about us leaving to Japan,” you warned Jiho when there were only you two, away from any of your friend.

“Okay, but why?”

“I wanna know who’s gonna miss me,” you grinned mischiveously.

 

Your flight was at night. An hour before your departure you replied all the congratulations texts you got before you turned off your phone. No one had an idea that your reply might be the last before you would make a comeback 2 year later.

 

Two weeks in Japan you were already bored at home. It wasn’t time to enroll to the new uni yet. Dying of boredom, you decided to check your phone that you turned off before you flew to Japan. There were a lot of messages and most of them came from Eunwoo. You were tempted to read the messages but you resisted at the end. You couldn’t lose to what you had set.

Suddenly there was an incoming call. Being someone who picked up any call in an instant, your finger was incredibly quick to accept the call. Too late to end the call as if it was by mistake, the caller excitedly saying ‘Hello’ to you. You guessed you should just go on with it.

 

“Are you free tomorrow’s night?”

 

This caller definitely had no idea you had left. Most probably, this was the first time he contacted you after the graduation day.

 

“Can I say, no?”

“C’mon. Please make some time for me. I just thought I’d boast you to my friends,”

“C’mon dude. I’m not the only one who has received a degree recently,”

“Aishhh, you don’t get it, do you? I really would like to announce to everyone who’s coming that I have a ‘some’ relationship with someone. Specifically, you,”

“YA! When have we ever been like that?”

“I KNOW! Calm down. I think it’s gonna be fun to tell them a lie. Hahahahah,”

“So, coming or not?”

 

Honestly, you felt bad to him. He was very eager to invite you to his bbq party even though he did have a ridiculous plan that had no benefits to you. He was also one of those who were close to you, yet you didn’t tell him about you settling in Japan. You weren’t sure if it was based on you feeling guilty or you just bored not having anyone to talk to at the moment, but you eventually telling him the truth.

Dumbfounded.

That was his state after listening to what you had said.

You could hear the dissapointment in his voice. He made it clear by saying how upsetting it was for not being able to meet you before you departed. Nevertheless, you were thankful that he understood you well once you explained the reasons of you moving to a new place and so on before the call was ended.

Just from that one called you accidentally picked up, your mood for the rest of the day turned sour. You didn’t know one would be dissapointed acknowledging you’re going to be away for two years. So far that you knew or believed so, you weren’t anyone’s special companion other than Jisoo’s and a few other really close friends’. Then, you thought to yourself, perhaps it was because you had spent many times with him and both of you were very open to each other.

 

It was finally the day of the bbq party. You saw pictures being uploaded from time to time by the host and some of the guests on their social media. You also knew a few people in the pictures and couldn’t avoid to imagine yourself being there too. The party looked fun. Maybe if you got return ticket from Binnie, you’d be there enjoying yourself with the delicious-looking bbq food too.

At the party scene, someone was looking for you.

 

“Did you invite Jina?”

“Yessss..Why’re you asking?”

“I don’t see her anywhere. Is she avoiding me by any chance?”

 

Binnie eyed him hard, somewhat bewildered.

 

“You guys in a bad term, eh?”

“I don’t know. We were ok, but now it has been weeks she didn’t respond to my calls and texts and her house looks emp...”

“Hyung…”

 

Now was the time Eunwoo started to feel anxious to whatever Binnie had to say to him.

 

“She’s in Japan. She went there right after the graduation. She didn’t tell you?”

“Heolll. She’s going for a vacay without telling me and cut all communication? When will she be back?”

“Hyung…”