-5-

A New Him

You had a late night supper with Jiho after the last time you two did which was probably a month ago. To be honest, you liked it everytime you spent time with your only brother but his busy life rarely gave you two enough chances for sibings’ bonding.

“I don’t understand why you had to come here in that manner,” Jiho said to you as he was making a new supper since the one he maid earlier ended up on the kitchen floor when you were both shocked seeing each other.

“That’s basic instinct, isn’t it? I was just trying to be safe cause I believed it might be a bad guy,”

“For fff… goodness’ sake! It’s OUR house Jina and its totally safe,”

“You can’t blame me entirely bro. It’s not like you can’t make the food again,” you said while grinning before continuing with something that made Jiho looked at you.

“You almost never home before I go to bed,” you sounded bitter and Jiho understood it.

“Should I be home early then?”

“Of course!”

“Sorry, I didn’t know that I make you upset. I thought you prefered to be alone since you’re a young adult now and I would just be a home nuisance to you,”

“Why would I?” you sighed at his stupidity.

“You see… the only family member I have is YOU, Jiho. I know I rarely call you using honorofic, but that doesn’t mean I would trade you for anything. I always wish to talk to you about many things since you’re my only family. You understand now,..oppa?”

 

You and your brother looked at each other in silence.

Jiho scooped a spoonful of the supper he had made and fed you.

 

“Tastes good?” he said, smiling.

You just nodded.

“You do know that you’re gonna eat this every night if I’m home early, right?” he said jokingly to cheer you up.

Image result for macaroni chili cheese

“Not bad, but we always have choices from a range of different restaurants and menus,” you answered smartly and that made both of you laughed.

 

That night was incredibly filled with yours and Jiho’s loudness. And for once you felt like everything that had been trapped inside you was released in a go. Jiho wasn’t any different either as he asked you many simple things about your life and told you how surprised he was to know his only sister made a friend with someone he didn’t wish his sister would. To him, Eunwoo might hurt you in any possible way but at the same time he also believed you’d know how to deal with him. You realised Jiho’s tone was getting serious as he mentioning Eunwoo which made you know that you brother had got the wrong idea.

“I can’t believe this,” you declared suddenly.

“What?”

“Do you see me and him as together?”

“If not what? You two are close and remember that night he played hero to rescue you from me and how he a…..”

 

You bursted out laughing like mad before you brother could finish his sentence. It was too funny you couldn’t handle yourself to stop. Jiho waited patiently for you to calm yourself and start to tell you whatever you had in your mind.

“We just be friends for about 3 months now! How can you conclude we are a romantic couple? You see,..I DON’T LIKE HIM AND WILL NEVER! I believe he thinks the same too,” you explained to Jiho in between laughs yet still you meant what you said seriously.

“You think…. Not from what I see though,”

“Just stop your nonsense thought, can you?”

“OK fine! I respect your request. But, can I say another thing?”

 

“I don’t know whether to feel relieved or dissapointed about this,” he smiled showing his teeth to you.

 

“No 1. Why bother asking whether you can or not, and no. 2, you in’ complicated person on earth, of course you should feel relieved that I’m not with some jerk, duhhh…”

“YA!!!How dare you called me so?! I’m your brother!” he said before smacking your head with a magazine.

You ‘ouch’ed in pain and teased his patience further.

 

If you did not remember you would have your friend coming over the next day, you didn’t know when you and Jiho would stop the conversation. Thank goodness you still had 4 hours to sleep. Well, that friend was not Eunwoo. It was your friend since childhood.