-2-

A New Him

One day, you were eating alone at the uni cafeteria when you suddenly realized a figure coming and that person suddenly sat in front of you.

 

“Get yourself somewhere else to sit. This is my usual spot,”

 

You looked at that person and recognized him as Binnie, your junior of one year, also your best buddy. You knew that he was just kidding, so you didn’t think twice to say,

 

“I’m eating right now and there is no rule that says this is your spot and I can’t eat here’, ”

 

You continued enjoying your meal in spite of realizing how mad he pretended to look. Suddenly, there was a calm voice stopping that guy from doing something he was about to do to you(which he definitely wouldn’t). There you saw Eunwoo and another friend of his.

 

“Just let her eat here. There are still two chairs here, right?” Eunwoo said but his eyes were on you, while Binne was mouthing “Do you know him? Like seriously?” .

 

You didn’t give a damn about what was going on either it’s Eunwoo who was now sitting next to you or about the group loud conversation, EXCEPT you wondered why the good Binnie associated with Eunwoo. Once you finished your meal, you quickly went away heading towards your next class.

 

This time in the elective class, you made sure to sit with nice classmates and not to sit at the back, cornered. The class went smoothly until the lecturer announced about a pair-work assignment and here came the horror. The lecturer said he would randomly match the students.

 

“Jina…Let see who else is without a pair…” your heart was beating fast upon hearing your name.

 

“Jina you’re with Eunwoo. Next,…”

 

You were relieved to know you had a partner but then a ‘revelation’ popped out of your mind. It was Eunwoo! You tried to beg for a change but the lecturer strictly said no.

 

At the back, Eunwoo just looked at you trying to persuade the lecturer. He smiled while thinking of your action was based on what possible reasons. Could it be because you thought he’s unreliable? Or maybe you wouldn’t want to work with him because of his attitudes? Or could it also be you knew you wouldn’t be able to focus on the assignment because he is too good looking? Thinking those possibilities made him let out a small laugh.

 

However, of course he was wrong! All you thought was, he’s a jerk, so most likely he wouldn’t be able to accomplish the assignment on time and that worried you A LOT!

 

After the class, you decided to discuss about the work distribution with him, but he already left the class. You searched for him but to no avail. The next class with him, you sat at the back in order to talk to him about the assignment, or maybe to get his contact number. Naturally when he set his foot in the class he went straight towards the back and sat beside you. You were about to tell him about the things both of you got to do when he took out flash drive from his bag and handed it to you.

 

“Everything’s there. You just have to compile it neatly.” he said with a sense of proud.

“You sure you didn’t bully someone to prepare this?” you questioned him.

“I know I’m not that kind, but can you please don’t look down on me when it comes to studies?” you noticed how dissapointed his tone was.

 

“Ok ok I feel bad now for saying that. Also, it’s unfair that you did these and I just have to compile them,”

 

Before you could finish your sentence, he said, “I hate compiling stuff so it is such an important work for you to do, ok? And no, not just compile actually, you have to edit and add many other things too,” and gave you an assuring smile. You just nodded and connected the flash drive to your laptop to check the work he had done. His work amazed you that you didn’t pay much attention to the lecture. You copied everything into your laptop and returned the flash drive to Eunwoo.

 

“Thank you” you said genuinely to him.