-4-

A New Him

One day you were walking home with him and the previous delivery girl with the bike was there too. You worried if she’d be harmed as Eunwoo previously threatened to make sure she really fall down from the bike the next time he sees her. He said she was exaggerating and that he hated it. Without thinking long, you grabbed his arm, making him stunned,

“Ya! Don’t think of hurting her!”

He let out a laugh, “Why would I?”

“You’re mad at her last time,”

“Hahaha. I’ll do nothing to her. Plus, you said I should be nice to people. I don’t want her to put poison in my food the next time I order a delivery,”

That girl passed by and you let go of Eunwoo’s arm. He was a little disappointed though he didn’t know why.

 

The next weekend, you went to somewhere quite far alone without driving your own car. You just wanted to have some alone times wandering around somewhere you’re not familiar with. As the result, you arrived home a little bit late than usual and your scary brother had been waiting for your return.

“Where did you go?”

As you couldn’t walk passed him, you had to face his interrogation.

“I went to the place I told you before,”

“Are you crazy? That’s far yet you didn’t drive there? I bought the car for you so you can avoid taking the risk of using public transports,..”

His nagging was almost endless until he said he wanted to take back the car from you.

“No, you can’t do that! Can’t you just let go what I’ve done? I’m safe anyway,”

 

From afar, Eunwoo who was on his way to the store, saw your quarrel with your brother. Seeing your brother took your bag away from you as he wanted your car key, Eunwoo quickly came for help.

 

“Jiho hyung!” Eunwoo called your brother as he came nearer to both of you.

“Please let her go for whatever mistakes she’s done. I know her. Please,”

You and you brother looked at each other, bewildered, then turned to Eunwoo.

“What are you doing here?” you asked him.

“Just go home. Jiho hyung, please let her,” he instructed you.

“I am home, Eunwoo. And you know my brother?”

“You also know my sister?” added your brother.

 

“You guys are siblings?!” his shocked expression was clearly shown.

“Sorry. I’m so sorry. Jiho hyung, I didn’t know you two are brother and sister,”

 

You could see his ears turned red and he looked like wanting this situation to never have happened. You were amused though, and wickedly you took the opportunity to run away from your brother without him taking your car key. You didn’t know what happened next between the two guys after you went inside of your house.

Before you slept, Eunwoo texted you, once again apologizing for interfering you and your brother. You told him it was nothing and to stop him from keep on apologizing, you asked him out the next day for breakfast.

 

You woke up with your clock showing you were late from the time you promised Eunwoo.

You checked your phone to see there were 15 missed calls from him along with a few messages asking where you were. Couldn’t think of anything else you immediately called him, hoping he wouldn’t be mad which was totally wrong when he answered your called with a loud “YA!” .

 

“Promise you I’ll be there in 40 minutes,”

“Don’t bother,”

“Why? You’ve left? If so, where are you now?”

“In front of your house,”

“WHAT?!!!!”

“Shut up and you better come out in 15 minutes,” he said before he hung up.

 

It was amazing how you actually got ready in a very limited time and Eunwoo was amazed too to see your ‘IDGAF’ appearance.

He laughed as soon as you entered his car thanks to your messy hair that you then decided to put on the cap you brought, knowing that would happen.

 

“I thought you’re mad at me, but why can’t you stop laughing?” you said as Eunwoo kept on doing so when he looked at you.

“You really did come out in 15 minutes and your appearance makes it obvious,” he chuckled.

“Is it so bad?”

“No! No, I don’t mean you look bad. It is just amusing. I SWEAR!” he said after you gave him a stern look.

 

You thought you were going to an eating place since that was the plan, but Eunwoo just pulled some food from the drive thru. ‘Cheapskate’ was what you wanted to blurt out to him before you realised it was you who supposed to pay for the food instead of him. Well, you gotta say he was nice! For that moment only though.

Why only for that moment? Cause he dragged you to a shopping mall to be his servant. He bought his stuff, then you carry them for him. It was miserable for you and fun for him. It was not that you couldn’t say no, but when you did he fired you back with how you made him wait in the morning only to know you were still in your bed. Reluctantly you just did what he said.

While Eunwoo looked around for his things, something caught your eyes. A nice cap that made you walked straight to its way. Perfect for what you were looking for.

 

“You already wearing one with the same colour, yet you still want it?” he asked as he was approaching you.

“Stop being nosy,”

“Just an opinion,”

“It’s not for me ok,”

“Woah! Is it for me then? Awww you’re so sweet,”

“Excuse me! Why would I? It is for Moonbin,” you said half mumbling towards the end.

“Moonbin? You know him? Heol~ yet you two pretended not to know each other when I was around? Now what’s with buying this for him?” he asked too many questions at once while grabbing the cap from you.

 

You grabbed it back and said it’s for Moonbin’s upcoming birthday, also it’s not necessary to tell him who’re your friends and who’re not.

“Fine. Help me choose something for him.”

He pretended to look upset and left you with a smirk you couldn’t see.

 

The day went by and he sent you home.

As soon as you stepped inside your house, you adjusted yourself to the silence. Your brother was not around as he always did. To liven up your own mood, you moved to your room before turning on some music and had the speakers on almost to the highest volume.

After a long day spent with Eunwoo, you sure had a good relaxing shower. Not really relaxing though when most of the time in the shower you wasted on singing and a some kind of dancing to the songs from the outside. Once you’re done with showering and got into your pyjamas, you turned off the music to watch something on the TV. That night, well, you didn’t feel sleepy despite you had had an ‘active’ day. While watching, you felt the need to snacking so, you planned to take something from the kitchen.

Moving away from your bed, you reached the door of your room and as you were about to turn the door knob, you heard a noise enough to give chill down your spine.

Your mind went wild thinking of any possible danger since you’re alone at home. Your brother was never home before your bedtime.

You were absolutely panicking about the situation because you did not manage to keep yourself think positively. You however mustered up all the courages you had and started to call your brother. To no avail, he did not respond to your continuous calls which forced you to take the most risky decision of the day that was to check the source of the noise by yourself. Slowly and quietly, you tip-toed to the kitchen as you heard someone was ransacking something there. You had a metal rod in your hand in which you grabbed from under your bed and were ready to swing to whoever it was in your house at that time.

As you getting near to the kitchen entrance, you could see a presence of a man in a black hoody from the corner of your eye. You took a deep breath to gain all your hidden strength in order for you to be able to launch an attack.

The moment you turned yourself into the kitchen you were terribly shocked to see the man’s face, and as the matter of fact, you were late by milliseconds to hit him from his back. You screamed your lungs out while he was shocked by that and dropped the thing he held in his hand to shut you up.