-6-

A New Him

You were excited thinking in a few minutes your childhood friend, Jisoo, would knock on your door when she arrived. There’s nothing can ruin your friendship with her and you two were known as DoubleGs by your schoolmates through out middle and high school. However, you two didn’t go to the same uni which was why you hardly meet each other often.

 

“KYAAAAAAAA!!! How are you?!!!”

“GOOD OF COURSE!!!! You too, right?”

“Yes!”

“Can you guys please lower your voice. Someone needs more sleep here.”

“Don’t bother him. Let’s go,” you told Jisoo to ignore your brother and went out with her.

 

“So, where are we going today? Any idea?”

“Amusement park!”

“Nice! It’s a date then,”

“Errrrrr, Jina-ya, I can’t date two people at a time,” Jisoo smiled at you while pointing to an unfamiliar car.

 

Only then you got it. Basically, today’s the day Jisoo wanted to introduce you to his boyfriend and vice versa. You thought it was not really a bad idea in spite of feeling a little bit uncomfortable. Her boyfriend greeted you nicely when you both got into his car. You couldn’t be more than thankful and happier that they, the couple, acknowledged your presence and kept on engaging conversation with you as not to make you felt left out. It was supposed to be a friends day out anyway.

 

These were what all of got once you set your steps at the amusement park

Image result for cow headband

A cow headband for each of you.

Amusement park never dissapointed you. The rides as well as the foods were just perfect for a fun-seeking person like you. For almost an hour there, you had not done anything more than riding what you considered as ‘mild’ rides, so you suggested to enter the haunted house next. Jisoo didn’t like the idea though. You knew she’s a scaredy cat and that was why she kept on giving excuses to avoid the haunted house. Her boyfriend tried to convince her, but her answer was still no. She then decided that only you and her boyfriend should go in and she would get all of you some snacks to kill the time. Not to worry, Jisoo ain’t the type who gets jealous over silly things. She cooly let her boyfriend go to the spooky place with you even though he hesitated to, not wanting to hurt her feeling.

You and Jisoo’s boyfriend waited in line to enter the haunted house and at the same time you saw someone familiar coming out from that place. It was Binnie. You called his name and he was quite surprised to see you were there too.

 

“Heyyy Jina, you’re here too I see,” he said while eyeing Jisoo’s boyfriend but he didn’t bother to be nosy and ask you who were you with.

“You like the present I got you? Sorry I wasn’t able to give it directly,” you apologized for not attending his birthday party.

“You know you don’t have to apologize after giving me such a nice present. Thank you so much Jina noonim,” he said while widely smiling at you.

“By the way, did you by any chance see Eunwoo? He’s missing in action with the girl,”

“Nope,”

“It’s ok noona! I think I just saw him. Enjoy your day with your…ehemm..friend? Bye!”

And with that he left you in an instant.

 

It was finally your turn to the haunted house and you were excited about it. However, once inside, you sure enough were amused instead of frightened by the fake ghosts. You came out laughing and saw Jisoo was waiting with foods in her hands. All of you enjoyed the food when suddenly Jisoo’s boyfriend received a call which seemed urgent and so he needed to get home asap. That also meant you guys had to call it a day being at the amusement park.

 

“Someone’s home early…” greeted Jiho.

“Go wash yourself and come back here. I have something to say,”

“Okayyy,”

 

You thought it was hard to believe what your brother had planned for you. He said you could go to the university you had always dreamt of to get your master’s degree, the one in Japan. He explained to you on how the timing was nice since its nearing your graduation and you two could start preparing to move. Yes. He was moving along to Japan with you because, apparently he had set up his own business plan there.

 

It was only one month away from graduating and you were super busy with a few unsettled assignments. Luckily, you managed to get it all done before proceeding to another task which were to pack your stuff and clean the house so it would look pleasant to be rented for 2 years.

“Have you told everyone we are moving to Japan soon?”

“I don’t think I have to,”

“What about your friends?”

“Yeah, I’m planning to tell some of them,”

“Planning to?”

“It’s not that we gonna be there forever. We’ll be back after 2 years anyway,” you said so to Jiho with an ensuring smile.

As you were enjoying your dinner with Jiho, you phone vibrated indicating a text from someone, yet you didn’t spare any time to take a look at it. You just wanted some peace for dinner.

 

At home, before you went to sleep, you checked your phone and quickly you felt guilty once seeing Eunwoo was the one who texted you during your dinner. Actually, you had not been seeing him as regularly as you did initially.

 

“Jina-ya”

“Are you free tomorrow?”

 

You wished you could reply him with a yes, but no, you were supposed to visit your aunt as you had promised your brother.

 

“I’m sorry Eunwoo. I already have a plan for tomorrow”

“Is that so? Not in the evening either?”

“Yeappp”

“We can meet soon on Monday and I promise you lunch is on me”

“Sounds good…I’m looking forward to it!”

“Monday. Free lunch. You must stick to your words OK?! Or else you gonna dieeee”

“HAHAHAHAHAHA You must be missing me like crazy… Aren’t you?”

“Heck no.”

“Eunwoo-ya”

“What?”

“Goodnight!”

“Heollll”