-7-

A New Him

It’s Monday and your mood is super good. Lunch surely was going to be better, you thought before Eunwoo came and ignited your anger. He smelled like cigarette! You knew he was a smoker when you two just became friends, but soon he promised you he would stop after getting too many beatings from you. Your hands might be small but they stung people’s skin whenever you added force to slap them. He eventually stopped though. You wondered why he smoked again. Cigarette smell was something you couldn’t stand as it made your nose hurt.

 

“Stop nagging can you pleaseeee… I’m feeling down right now,” he pouted.

“And that, you’re implying it’s okay to smoke again?Stupidddd,” you rolled your eyes.

 

Eunwoo informed you that he just broke up with his girlfriend and you bet it was the girl you saw at the amusement park. You sure saw him and the girl at the amusement the last time you went with Jisoo and her boyfriend. Anyway, he didn’t see you were there too.

To make him feel better, you decided to cheer him up a little. You shared your opinions on how you thought it was good to hear he had nothing to do with the girl anymore. Literally, you badmouthed that girl real bad. You also told him that you never liked the fact he was dating somebody like her. He sure was shocked by your statements cause so long that he was aware, he had never told you about who his girlfriend was. Well, you gotta say that you’re pretty awesome.

Know what you and Eunwoo did after the lunch? You skipped a class for the first time in your life as a uni student. Anyway, the class was the last one for the day, so it’s a no big deal. What happened after you skipped class? Both of you went to stalk his ex-girlfriend, thanks to the location she shared on her social media.

You two arrived at a recreational park. There weren’t many people around, thus making it easier for you two to spot his ex. Obviously she wasn’t there alone, there was a man next to her. Immediately you worried if Eunwoo felt sad watching them. Beofre you knew what to do next, Eunwoo grabbed you by the arm and put the best smile he had. You couldn’t help but smiled back at him. Although it was just barely 5 months of hanging out with each other, you and Eunwoo seemed to share same thoughts. You knew exactly what he had in his mind when your arm was linked to his. It’s absolutely not cliche such as ‘omg what’s wrong with him?*blushing*’.

 

“Be as clingy as possible even though I know you’ve never done so. Enjoy the privilege ok?”

“What privilege?”

“Having a handsome, loving boyfriend by your side. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity you know?”

“Heollll,” you said in disbelief.

 

You never let go of his hand and he never let his smile fade. Whoever was looking at you two sure was dying with jealousy. Happiness was showing as if you two were talking about lovey-dovey stuff, when in fact, you two just conversing about random stuff featuring cursing-time between each other. Cute right?! 10 minutes of walking along the river at the park, someone accidentally shoulder-knocked you. Not an accident you could say as it hurt as fahk. It was her doing.

 

“You okay babe?” Eunwoo asked you full of concern.

“Eunwoo! It’s you. Whatcha doing here?” that girl started a conversation brightly.

 

She didn’t say sorry to you. But, her new boyfriend did. You calmed down a bit. You wondered how far could she be shameless talking to Eunwoo, her ex, when her new one was right next to her.

It would be boring if Eunwoo just excused from the situation, so you prepared to load your weapon with deadly bullets. You were wrong! The moment you were ready to pulled the trigger, Eunwoo had dropped what you could call a nuclear bomb. Your mouth opened wide hearing what Eunwoo was saying. That girl’s partner little by little losing his patience.

Explicit contents kept coming out from Eunwoo. Whether they were true or not, you just needed to play along. Disgusting but satisfying to see that girl turned flustered and threw denials. Her denials somehow strengthen Eunwoo’s claims. You remembered clearly what Eunwoo said.

 

“Is he better than me? I bet he is,” Eunwoo asked her while eye-pointing her boyfriend.

“Can he stand your demand almost every night?”

“Always mind bout your protection, kay?”

 

Shocking event! That girl quickly grabbed her boyfriend’s hand and went away. Eunwoo still continued playing his role as your boyfriend, asking if you’re fine to which you had to admit your shoulder was kind of aching.

He planted a kiss on your shoulder.

The distance between you and Eunwoo was very close.

 

“Great! She saw it,”

“My shoulder is in pain yet you playing joke on it, DO YOU WANT TO DIE?!!”

“Awww my Jina… Lets get you some ointment,”

You gave him a deadly stare and he knew he better treat you properly.

He got you a bottle of ointment to relax your shoulder pain. You then applied it on your shoulder in silence, not because you were mad at him, you were just tired. He broke the silence to say sorry.

 

“For what? You did nothing wrong,”

“Really?” and you nodded to him.

“Thank you so much for today then. I mean it.”