Final

A New Him

Eunwoo’s new place was an apartment that wasn’t too far from your neighbourhood. That morning you had to say you weren’t in your best shape, thus you gasped for air when you were in front of his door. You wasted no time hitting on the doorbell, hoping for the best. A few of his neighbours were outside and they gave you strange looks. Only then Eunwoo opened his door and saw you with your pale face and dark eyebags due to the sleepless night you had. He had mixed feelings - shocked, mad, curious, and worried about you. Initially, he hesitated to talk to you, what more to let you in. However, he made up his mind cause he knew it was not right to ignore you, plus there were some judging eyes. Forgot about what he said the other day about not seeing each other again, he opened the door wider for you.

He closed the door, the air around you became tensed accompanied by dead silence of the two of you. You couldn’t bare to meet his eyes but you needed to.

You closed your eyes real hard, took a deep breathe and put away any possible ego you had in yourself, before looking at him right in the face and said what you had to.

 

“I am sorry, Eunwoo. I truly am sorry. I’m not here to ask you to forgive me, cause I know I don’t deserve it after being so stupidly childish and selfish,”

“I regret for not acknowledging your presence as someone who values my existence. I didn’t tell you the fact that I was moving because I was to blind to notice the sincerity you put in our relationship back then.”

 

Tears formed in your eyes. It was quiet again, but you two still looking at each other. You just waited for the moment Eunwoo would chase you out of his house.

He moved slightly towards you.

You knew its time up for you.

 

But what did you do when he pulled you into his embrace soflty?

You broke into tears and hugged him tight, not believing how he could do that after you gave him misery.

 

“I am so sorry,”

Eunwoo shhhh-ed you to calm down your sobbing.

“How can I not forgive you? No one can be more desperate than you to come to someone’s house early in the morning to either be fogiven or kicked out,”

He let out a small laugh and faced you.

 

“Why do you forgive me?”

“I’ve forgiven you long ago. I’m sorry too for what I said last night. I regret it a lot. Thanks for coming here,” he said while wiping away tears on your cheeks.

 

“Remember I said I still like you?” he asked and you nodded.

“I didn’t mean it…”

 

Although you had no expectations before he said that, you couldn’t deny that you actually felt dejected. What was he doing? Did he have a bipolar disorder? You questioned those silently in your head. One second he was assuring you he had forgiven you, another second he broke your heart. Asking him was not the right thing to do since he was kind enough to accept you sorry, so you concluded it was his way of revenge.

Right. It’s only fair then for him.

 

“I didn’t mean I like you that way…y’know..as friends..”

Hearing this made your eyes open wider and this time you had hopes.

 

“...I love you. As a feeling of a guy to a woman,”

 

Your face was blank, unlike Eunwoo’s. He had an anticipating smile when you couldn’t come to your sense.

 

“You are abnormally quiet now, y’know that?”

He got nearer to your face.

“Can I?…No,..”

“I want to,”

 

He kissed you, but the kiss seemed off. He didn’t break it, yet it just felt weird and that was when you decided to close your eyes and kissed him back.

That was the happiest moment of your life!

You sensed him smiling through the kiss, just like you did.

When you both pulled away from the kiss he teased you mercilessly your face turned crimson.

 

“So you only came back to your senses when I kissed you eh?”

Laughed the embarassment away. That’s what you could afford to do.

Your phone rang. The cute atmosphere between you and Eunwoo was put to a halt. A call from your brother telling you to come home,

 

“Invite him to come along,”

“Huh???”

“Eunwoo. Tell him to come with you,”

“How…”

Your brother cut you off by ending the call.

 

At home,

“How do you know?! Did you stalk me Jiho?”

“I just knew it,” he smirked at you.

“And you,” this time he was looking at Eunwoo,

“Try to upset her if you have death as a wish,”

 

Eunwoo nodded with a smile to your brother’s joking threat.

“I’ll keep that in mind hyung!” he added.

“Jiho, you don’t have to be that mean to him,”

“He’s a new him now,”

 

You know Eunwoo was no longer the mannerless Eunwoo you first knew years ago. He had quit his badass attitude. Smoking too.

He’s now a loving man, to only you of course. If back then it was only Jiho who took care of you, now there’s Eunwoo too.

Forget everything in the past? No.

It was in the past everything started and now, here you and Eunwoo treasure each other’s companion. The time you two went through bitter time should be a lesson for you to not do anything foolish in the future.

Should you also say that,

You just love him as he is. Completely in love.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________