Extra Info! Dragon/Matoki Facts!

We Make it Work... Most of the Time?

I don't know if anyone is interested in this but here are some dragon facts and some stuff about the Matoki. 

General Dragon Facts:

  • 30% of dragons are marked and  70% of dragons are unmarked
  • Marked dragons will leave their clan/flock to find their human around their Juvenile stage. 
  • Clans/Flocks can be 50 to ~500 dragons.
  • Smaller groups are called gangs/herds
  • Gangs are different types of dragons
  • Herds are all one type of dragon.
  • Clans are all one type of dragon.
  • Flocks are different types of dragon.
  • Wild dragons are territorial and will defend their land from outsiders. Some are more violent than others.
  • Dragons and humans live separately with the exception of Marked duos.
  • It is very rare that an unmarked dragon will interact with humans because they can’t understand each other.
  • There are dragon hunters and there are human hunters.  
  • Clans/flocks have one single leader or a mated pair leading but bigger clans/flocks have multiple sub leaders.
  • There are 114 known dragon breeds. (I’m not going to make 114 dragons it’s just a number)

 

Marked Dragons- Dragons blessed with Harmoina’s mark.

Wild Dragons- Unmarked dragons who live in a clan/flock/gang/herd.

Lone Dragon- A Dragon who live on their own. Tends to stay away from everyone and are not violent unless threatened.

Rogue Dragons- A single dragon or gang of dragons who actively attack other dragons or humans. 

 

Off Color Dragons:

  • Albino dragons- normal dragons but lack color in their scales/skin/fur/feathers. They get sunburnt easily. (ex. Cress) 
  • Sui Generis- Dragons that have an abnormal color to them due to a rare magical occurrence. These dragons sometimes gain a unique power and are often outcasted or killed by other dragons because they are seen as a bad omen or a threat. (ex. Keke is pink but can change colors) 
  • Mutatio- kinda of like a Sui Generis but the unique color/pattern is due to genetics and the color/pattern isn’t as noticeable. (ex. Joko has white patterns instead of gray)

 

Matoki- A rare breed of dragon. There is one Clan with about 97 in total. The Monarch (Monamato) is one of the most feared wild dragons. The flock it self is well hidden so not much is known about it. Matoki are one of the most powerful dragons. They are also one of the only gender-less breed of dragon that can change their reproductive organ to the one needed. They prefer the term 'It' because the Monarch wants to distance the Matoki from human related things (Monamato thinks the Matoki clan is far above the human race). 

  • Hatchlings: 2 ft, Juveniles: 13ft, Adults: 26 ft (Size is based off Toothless from HTTYD)
  • The main body color looks black but is actually a really dark gray, with a gray pattern. No two patterns are the same.
  • Matoki’s have mammal features but are still cold blooded reptiles
  • They are warm due to a chamber in their body that makes them able to shoot fire and regulates body temperature. 
  • They have a thin coat of fur covering their bodies, large ears, and a fluff ball at the end of their tail.
  • Each matoki earns a colored mask through a ritual type thing.
  • The shape/design of the mask is unique to that dragon but there can be multiple of the same color.
  • Eye/tongue/wing web/fire color matches the mask color.
  • Ear/tail Fluff also matches the mask color
  • Has 2 fire attacks. A flamethrower and a quick single shot.
  • Powerful claws to easily climb trees/rocky surfaces.

I have a few dragon breeds thought up (about 10) but they only have names. Once I get around to creating them I'll make another update chapter for it. I just wanted to get this out because some of the info will be used in the next chapter.

Before I wrote anything I planned out the general world of this AU and I realized that you guys probably wont ever see the notes I made and some of them are kinda important to the story so I thought I would just add a bonus info chapter.

Thanks for reading!