Pirate Clown’s treasure

We Make it Work... Most of the Time?

The matoki herd had returned to the Dragon Guard Headquarters after staying a few days at the Titanium Hills outpost, making sure no other rogues started kicking up trouble. When they returned, Himchan made sure to give Youngjae and Jokomato the grand tour of the place since they mostly stayed around the trainee area. Their last stop was the new B.A.P chamber.

 

It had a large main chamber that split into six smaller ones and each smaller chamber had a room attached to it where the human partner lived. It was like a large six room condo. The other members had already moved most of their things into the new living space but Youngjae and Jokomato had most of their things still back at the old cave in the Eternal Forest. The duo made plans to go back and drag their things to their new home. Youngjae estimated it would take one large moving wagon and at least 4 days of traveling. He talked to Yongguk about their plans. The leader gave them permission and asked them to bring Jongup along. Due to the hairline fracture in his arm, Jongup had been given time off until the wound healed. Said boy was bored out of his mind so this simple ‘moving mission’ (as Yongguk put it) should give the younger boy something to do.  

 

Youngjae awoke the next morning to Jongup sitting on his chest, pinching his cheek.

 

“Come on! It’s time to goooo.” Jongup gave the older boy his best puppy faced pout. Youngjae groaned before carefully shoving the hyper boy off of him.

 

“What time is it?” Youngjae asked rubbing his eyes with the back of his fist. “If it’s anytime before ten I’m going to leave you here to rot in boredom.” He tried to give Jongup a glare but it looked more like a grumpy puppy.

 

“It’s ten o’clock on the dot. Now get up and let’s go!” Jongup whined as he pulled on one of Youngjae’s arms with his good arm. Jongup forgot how strong he was and ended up actually pulling Youngjae out of his bed and onto the floor. Deciding that this was much easier, Jongup proceed to drag Youngjae towards his wardrobe.

 

“Jongup I swear to the goddesses I will smite you so hard if you don’t-!” Youngjae was interrupted by a shirt being thrown into his face along with a pair of pants. “Okay! You need to chill.” Youngjae stood up and pushed Jongup towards the door. “Give me 20 minutes and I’ll meet you at the moving wagon.” Before Jongup could protest, Youngjae closed the door on the younger. He smiled to himself. Yeah, Youngjae hated to be woken up in the mornings, but Jongup was too adorable to stay mad at. When Youngjae finally left his room Jokomato was already gone; he assumed the younger duo had dragged his partner along with them. He walked towards their meeting location, spotting Jongup already in the coachman's seat ready to go.

 

“Hey, scoot over. I don’t trust you driving this thing one handed.” Youngjae jumped into the driver's seat as Jongup pouted.

 

“I brought breakfast.” Jongup opened the brown paper bag pulling out two breakfast sandwiches from the mess hall, handing one to Youngjae while he munched on his own. “Wait, why do you get to drive one handed but I don’t?” Jongup asked with his mouth full.

 

“There’s a difference between driving one handed and driving one handed because of a broken arm.” Youngjae stated, munching on his breakfast as well. “Also, I’m only going to be driving one handed for a bit.” Jongup huffed at him looking away. Youngjae sighed. Why does the hurt puppy look always work on him? “I’ll let you take control after we hit our first checkpoint.”

 

“Promise?” Jongup gave the older boy a shy peak over his shoulder.

 

“Promise. But if we crash I’m never letting you drive again.”

 

“We won’t!” The rest of the drive was filled with light hearted chatting. Jongup grew more excited as they neared the first checkpoint. It was a small village that was near a small river. Youngjae gave Jongup some money to buy lunch and a few snacks as he walked the horses to the river for a break. Dadamato and Jokomato ran up and down the river side chasing each other in a game of tag. It was cute in a dragon sort of way. Jongup returned with a lot of plastic bags hanging off his good arm filled with different foods.

 

“How did you get so much? I didn’t give you that much money.” Youngjae walked over to the other, grabbing a few of the bags to store in the wagon for later.

 

“The nice lady at the store gave me a discount for being a first time buyer.” Jongup replied, digging around one of the bags looking for the gimbap he bought. He let out a triumphant sound when he found it, holding the food up into the air as an angelic glow surround the gimbap.

 

“Hey, are you two going to eat with us?” Youngjae yelled at the dragons playing in the river. Jokomato had its back turned towards the humans and Dadamato seemed to be super impressed, too distracted by whatever the yellow masked dragon was doing to hear the question.

 

“Hey! Stop ignoring me!” Youngjae yelled louder. This time both dragons heard him. Jokomato whipped its head around to look at its partner. Both Jongup and Youngjae bursted out laughing.

 

Jokomato had about 10 large fish just casually sticking out its mouth. Jokomato’s response was muffled by the fish but Youngjae assumed that the dragon had already got its lunch, who shared its catch with Dadamato. After finishing their lunch they hooked the horses back up to the wagon again and set off onto the road again. Jongup was happily in the coachman's seat holding onto the reins. Night began to fall when they reached the motel they were staying at. The next morning, Youngjae was once again pounced on by Jongup.

 

“You know one of these times you’re going to hurt yourself.” Youngjae told the hyper puppy laughing at the other’s pain. They hit the road earlier than yesterday because of Jongup’s impaintance. Youngjae went back to sleep while they traveled. He thought it was probably Jongup’s plan all along, but he honestly didn’t care. The other had shown he was capable of steering the horses just fine yesterday.

 

“Youngjae, are we almost there?” Jongup lightly shook Youngjae awake.

 

“Huh?” Youngjae looked around groggily. The area looked familiar to him but his brain was too dazed to remember why.

 

“I know where we are. Just keep on this path then turn right on the fork.” Jokomato poked its head out the opening of the wagon.

 

“Thanks Jokomato, at least you’re useful.” Jongup joked, giggling at the older boy’s confused face.

 

“Hey, I’m plenty useful you ungrateful brat.” Youngjae grumbled, pinching Jongup’s cheek. “It looks like we have about two more hours of traveling. Man, I must have been more tired then I thought.” Youngjae stretched his arms and back. They stopped for a quick break to stretch out their legs and for the dragons to run around a bit, not used to sitting in the cramped wagon for so long. “Why don’t you two fly alongside the wagon instead of just sitting in the back doing nothing?” The question came out more like a statement then a question, but the look on the dragons’ faces made him laugh.

 

“Why didn’t we think of that earlier!” Dadamato took to the skies when they started traveling again. Jokomato on the other hand stayed in the wagon to nap some more. They reached Winter Bell in the late afternoon, the villagers greeted them as they passed. They decided to stop by the outpost and sent Yongguk a short message telling everyone they made it to Youngjae’s home village safely.

 

“We can start packing tomorrow. For now, let me show you around.” Youngjae grabbed Jongup’s good hand and dragged him around the village, sharing small stories about his childhood. Their last stop was at the Im household where Mrs.Im pulled Youngjae into a hug. When she saw Jongup, the woman tugged him into a hug but was much more careful of his casted arm.

 

“What are you doing back here so soon?” Mrs.Im finally asked when they all sat down for dinner.

 

“Jokomato and I came by to pack up our things. We dragged Jongup along because he was bored of staying at the Headquarters.” Youngjae answered.

 

“You have a lovely house, Mrs.Im.” Jongup said shyly. Mrs.Im giggled at the boy, falling for his puppy like charm.

 

“If only my boys could be as polite as you. I bet your mother is proud of you.”

 

“Hey! I can be polite.” Youngjae interrupted but was quickly quieted by a swift kick to the shin.

 

“What about that time I was called in by your teacher for your rude remarks about her teaching?”

 

“In my defense, she was a horrible teacher and was out to get me.” The two continued to bicker at each other, bringing up old stories of Youngjae’s trouble maker days. Jongup and Dadamato laughed along the whole time. When dinner was over Youngjae set up a spare bed in his old room.

 

“I should have just taken Jaebum’s room. It’s not like he’s using it.” Youngjae muttered under his breath. It was too late now as he was almost finished setting everything up. Luckily for him the dragons had opted to sleep out in the living room to give their human partners enough space to sleep.

 

“I could sleep on the floor you know.”

 

“No, no. You take the bed. Mom would have my head if I let a guest sleep on the floor. Especially an injured guest.”

 

“Speaking of Mrs.Im… Why do you have a different surnames? I mean… If you don’t mind me asking.” Jongup was really curious about the new member. He didn’t know much about Youngjae’s personal life, other then he’s friends with the Got7 gang and the stuff Dadamato told him about Jokomato. Today had been really informative of Youngjae’s past; he skipped school a lot, but he was smart enough to stay ahead of everyone. He liked to explore the forest to look for treasure which was how he met Jokomato. He would pull harmless pranks on teachers he didn’t like and the principal scared him.

 

“My birth mom… Well, my birth family were killed by a rogue dragon when I was still an infant. I’m only alive because of sheer luck.”

 

“I’m sorry…”

 

“Nah, don’t be. I honestly don’t remember anything about them. It’s like being sad over strangers. To me Mrs.Im and Jaebum are my real family… Maybe someday you’ll be like family to.” Jongup could hear the soft smile in Youngjae’s voice.

 

“We’ll be husbands then.” Jongup said with a hushed voice. Youngjae choked on his spit and started to cough. “Are you okay?”

 

“Yeah… Yeah, I’m okay. You just caught me off guard is all.” Youngjae stared at the glowing stars on his ceiling.

 

“Do you not want to be husbands?” Jongup to his side to look at the other male.

 

“I think it’s too soon to tell… I mean, let’s give it a few years.”

 

“Okay. If we’re not married in… let’s say 5 years, we should get married.”

 

“...Jongup…” Youngjae let out a loud sigh. “Fine, but we tell no one of this agreement.”

 

“Deal. Good night, Youngjae.”

 

“Good night, sweet dreams, don’t let the bedbugs bite.” Both boys quickly fell asleep after the unusual promise. Youngjae for once woke up before Jongup. Jokomato was dragging him out the room by his leg.

 

“Come on, it’s going to take a while to get the wagon to the cave.” Jokomato dropped his leg and let Youngjae stand up to walk down the stairs. The dragon had learned the hard way to not drag someone down the stairs, Youngjae had a slight concussion for a week and refused to talk to the dragon until it was gone. Youngjae fixed a light breakfast for himself and the two snuck past a sleeping Dadamato. The duo double checked to make sure the wagon was in perfect condition then slowly lead the horses and wagon through the Eternal Forest.

 

Jongup woke up to the smell of bacon. His mouth watered a bit as he walked down the stairs. He looked around the kitchen, seeing Mrs.Im cooking but Youngjae nowhere in sight.

 

“Looking for Youngjae?” Jongup jumped at the sudden question but quickly nodded his head.

 

“I’m sorry to say this, but he already left.” Mrs.Im took in Jongup’s surprised face and laughed. “It’s something you get used to after a while. Youngjae had the knack of just disappearing and reappearing.” Mrs.Im trailed off, reminiscing on the old days. She smiled at the lost boy. “Why don’t you shower? I’m sure Youngjae still has clothes in his room. You can help me with errands after breakfast.” Jongup agreed, having nothing better to do. It wasn’t like he could look for the duo; they were probably long gone by now. Dadamato woke up during breakfast and pouted for the rest of the day, complaining about being ditched.

 

“I’m going to get my revenge. No one ditches me.” Dadamato huffed as they followed Mrs.Im through the farmer’s market. Jongup agreed silently with his dragon. He was looking forward to exploring the forest but maybe on another day, maybe with the whole herd next time. Thinking about the others always made him feel better. Mrs.Im took them to a small cafe for lunch as thanks for helping her with errands. They returned to the Im household but there still no sign of Youngjae. Jongup was starting to get worried so he and Dadamato decided to go to the forest. They didn’t get to far in when the sounds of wheels moving and horses walking could be heard. Heading towards the sound, the duo surprised Youngjae and Jokomato.

 

“What are you doing out here? Wait, are you wearing my old clothes?” Youngjae asked with a bewildered look.

 

“It was getting late and I wa-” Jongup was interrupted by his dragon. “How could you ditch us!” Dadamato headbutted Jokomato.

 

“OW! What was that for.” Jokomato snapped at the other dragon.

 

“How could you abandon me?” Dadamato pretended to sniffle. Jokomato fell for its trap.

 

“Sorry, we didn’t mean to leave you behind. We just wanted to get this done with and both of you were still sleeping.” Jokomato explained to the younger duo. Youngjae nodded and ruffled Jongup’s hair. “Next time we’ll make sure to bring you two to all the cool places we found.”

 

“Promise?” Jongup held his pinky out.

 

“Promise.” Youngjae smiled and hooked his pinky around Jongup’s. “Man this is like the millionth promise we made.”

 

“Maybe promises will be our always.” Jongup joked, getting a laugh out of the older male. “Hey, can I keep this shirt? It’s super comfortable.”

 

“Sure, I don’t wear it anymore.” They made their way back to the house where they were greeted by Mrs.Im and the smell of dinner. That night before they went to sleep, Youngjae went over their return trip back to HQ. It was simple, sure: go back the way they came. Although you can never be too safe nowadays.

 

With a warm hug goodbye and a message for Jaebum, the quartet left Mrs.Im and started making their way home. Youngjae took the first shift steering the horses much to Jongup’s protest. By the time they made it back to HQ, everyone was tired from all the traveling. They decided to save moving everything in the wagon up to their room for tomorrow. Tonight they celebrated with everyone, officially welcoming Jokomato and Youngjae into their herd. Jongup and Youngjae passed out around 9:30 and fell victim to Daehyun drawing all over their faces with a black marker.

 

Youngjae woke up the next morning well rested and surprised by the crude drawings left on his face. Based on the “Daehyun wuz Hurr” written poorly on his face, Youngjae calculated how much money it would take to send Daehyun to art classes. With a fresh clean face, Youngjae walked out to Jokomato’s chamber, shocked to find most of their things already inside. Jokomato walked in carrying another large bag of gold dumping it out onto the already huge pile of gold treasures.

 

“Oh, good, you’re awake. This was the last bag of gold and both your bookshelves are in here, but we still need to bring in the chests of treasure and your books.”

 

“You could have waited, you know.”

 

“Ehhh, you looked too peaceful to describe.” Youngjae smiled at his partner before hugging it.

 

“You are the best dragon in the world.”

 

“Yeah, I know.”

 

The duo left the chamber and made their way outside to the wagon. There were two small chests, three medium sized ones, one larger one, five boxes of old books, and one box of Youngjae’s favorite new books.

 

“Did you guys already start moving?” Himchan asked as he walked up to them. Youngjae was startled to see everyone there. He nodded his head and Himchan chuckled at the confused boy. “Well let us help with the rest.” Between the dragons and humans they were able to take the last of their things to Jokomato’s chamber.

 

“What’s in here? Bricks?” Daehyun complained carrying one of the boxes filled with books.

 

“No silly, it’s my collection of rocks.” Youngjae answered back. Jongup was happily carrying nothing. He only tagged along to watch the others suffer. Everyone was shocked when they entered the room. There, in the middle of the chamber, was a large pile of gold.

 

“There was more treasure in this chamber than the treasure room in the castle.” Himchan commented, completely memorized by the sight.

 

“Hey, leave the boxes near the two bookshelves in the corner behind the gold pile.” Youngjae snapped everyone out of their trance.

 

“So what’s really in the boxes?” Daehyun asked as he set down the last box.

 

“Books!” Youngjae said excitedly. He opened the first box and started putting the books onto their rightful home.

 

With a closer look Himchan whistled. “Those are some old books. Some of them look like they might fall apart.”

 

“Yeah. I found all of them when I explored abandoned ruins from before the great war.”

 

“I can named quite a few people who would be interested in these.”

 

“They’re going to have to pry them from my cold dead hands if they want them.” Himchan laughed and held his hands up in surrender. Everyone had their passion and it appeared Youngjae’s was old books.

 

“Hey guys look! I’m the king now.” Daehyun struck a kingly pose, wearing a gold crown with pink gems on it. Junhong and Jongup were playing with jewel encrusted swords.

 

“You better put those back where you found them when you’re done playing with them.” Jokomato grunted as it moved all the chests into the right positions, the jester matoki liked his treasure placed in a certain way. The boys nodded their heads and placed the things they found back to their rightful places. Everyone took a few steps back and admired the view.

 

“How much do you think we could make off all this?” Yongguk asked.

 

“Sell a single coin and I’ll cut your hands off.”

 

“Geez both of you are so extreme.” Yongguk huffed. He didn’t know what he was going to tell the inspectors when they visited to check on things but they had time. For now he just wanted everyone to be happy and if this made the dragon happy then that was that.

 

“I dub this chamber Pirate Clown’s Treasure Room.” Youngjae smirked, placing his hands on his hips.

 

“I Swear to the goddesses Youngjae. I will burn all your books if you don’t stop with the ‘pirate clown’ .” Jokomato growled at its partner.


“I like it.” Everyone agreed with Kekemato. Himchan planned on asking one of the BtoB members to make them a fancy name plate for the chamber's door. Jokomato grumbled under its breath but made no effort in fighting, Youngjae had won this battle years ago.

(A/N)

This story is slowly coming along but I think I’m going to end this story soonish or maybe take more time between updates because I want to work on other fics but this one is taking a lot of my time. I have 4 more chapters planned out so either I’ll make a ‘finale’ chapter or I’ll update more sporadically after I finish the 4 chapters. This doesn’t mean I’m done with this AU tho! I do plan on making a few oneshots about other groups like Got7 and BtoB. Maybe some other groups. Who knows, all I know is that I love dragons.