The Summer Games.

We Make it Work... Most of the Time?

The end of summer was approaching fast and with it came the Major League Dragul Cup. People from all over came to watch dragonriders compete against each other to win the gold.

 

Himchan walked into the main chamber with a small stack of paper in his hands. Daehyun immediately saw the paperwork and sat up, bouncing in his seat. This caused everyone else to get excited, except Youngjae who was confused. No one has ever shown this much enthusiasm for paperwork. “What’s the paper for?” Youngjae took a stapled packet of paper from Himchan and read the large bold text. “Major League Dracul Cup entry forms?” It sounded familiar but where did he hear it from. Youngjae was lost in thought for a second when Daehyun let out a dramatic gasp, slapping both hands onto his cheeks.

 

“You don’t know what the MLDC is? Do you live under a rock?” Youngjae ignored the older in favor of thinking. Daehyun grunted when Yongguk elbowed him in the ribs, his glare clearly said ‘don’t be rude’ but Daehyun just shrugged it off and waited for the younger to reply. Everyone jumped slightly  when Youngjae suddenly yelled ‘I remember now!’ They leaned in closer to Youngjae, curious about what he was talking about.

 

“Jaebum used to write about it a lot when he started his training, it’s like a game competition thingy for dragon riders.” Youngjae looked proud of himself for remembering and everyone laughed in amusement.

 

“That’s one way to describe it.” Junhong snickered before calming down. “So are you going to apply? This is me and Jongup’s first year competing. We can do one of the team games.”

 

“I’m going to win all the games!” Dadamato shouted suddenly, butting his head into the conversation.

 

“But we can only apply to 5 max. 2 solo and 2 team and then there is the gang/herd race.” Jongup said looking up from the packet at his dragon.

 

“I don’t think you heard me right. I said ALL of them.” Jongup let out an exaggerated sigh but didn’t argue with Dadamato. The other dragons wandered over to their partners to discuss which competition they wanted to enter. Youngjae tackled a sleeping Jokomato who didn’t wake up. Youngjae huffed, lightly shook the dragon until it woke up.

 

“What?” Jokomato looked at its partner with one eye open.

 

“Do you want to play a few games in the MLDC?” Youngjae wiggled the packet in front of the dragon’s face.

 

“Not really but I assume you want to.” Youngjae nodded his head firmly, determination sparked in his eyes. “Fine, we can do one or two. What is there?” Jokomato listened to Youngjae list off all the different events they could apply to. “I wonder what Jaebum is doing. It would be fun to race against him and Nora.”

 

“We should ask!” Youngjae didn’t wait for his dragon before bolting out the B.A.P chamber.

 

“Hey what about the team game!?” Junhong yelled but Youngjae was already gone. Jokomato followed sluggishly behind the human, ignoring Junhong’s question. The youngest pouted at the others but was only met with amused grins. Jongup took pity on his friend and told him they could ask later.

 

“You can be on my team for the three rider relay if you want.” Himchan offered the youngest with a comforting smile. Junhong happily agreed to be on his team along with Daehyun. Daehyun and Himchan were only doing one solo and one team game this year so they could focus more on the herd race. Junhong wasn’t sure about which games he wanted to do and Totomato didn’t really care for competing, both of them only wanted to have fun with their friends. Jongup offered a friendly competition to see who could beat the other in archery. They both giggled at the idea of them failing horribly but they signed up for it anyways. Unsurprisingly Himchan and Yongguk signed up for the same solo race. They enjoyed using the MLDC as an excuse to kindle their rivalry. Last year they tied in the 10,000 meter race and demanded a rematch even though neither of them placed, the judges were quick to shut down the rematch. Daehyun laughed at them from the second place podium while Junhong and Jongup sat in the stands embarrassed by their competition hungry friends.

 

Youngjae barged into the Got7 chambers waving the packet around wildly. All the members looked up at him before Jackson jumped up to drag Youngjae into their circle. Youngjae stared right into Jaebum’s eyes, they both knew what was coming. “I challenge you to a race!” Youngjae pointed his finger right into Jaebum’s face. The slightly older boy leaned back with a smirk. “You’re on. I can beat you at anything, pick whatever you want.” Youngjae was about to reply but he didn’t know what solo event he wanted to do. Jaebum snorted at his childhood friend as he flipped through the pages.

“How about the aerial obstacle course?” Youngjae offered. The race involved dodging projectiles and flying through rings of different sizes suspended in mid-air by long poles. Jaebum nodded his head, the two men shake hands and sign up for the game.

 

“Now onto the important question!” Bambam jumped into the conversation, grabbing Youngjae’s arm. “Do you have any plans for a team game?” Bambam asked excitedly. Yugyeom nodded his head along with Bambam. “No, you don’t get to have Youngjae on a team.” Bambam pouted.

 

“What, why not? Don’t tell me you’re still hurt about me joining Jungkook’s team for the relay instead of yours?” Yugyeom took Bambam’s silence as a yes. “It’s not my fault he asked first. Come on we can do something else. Haven’t you been whining about wanting to play polo.” This caught both Bambam’s and Youngjae’s attention. Yugyeom smiled and asked their Youngjae if he wanted to be their last member, who shyly agreed. Jackson complained about not getting an invitation to join the polo team but Jinyoung rolled his eye and told the sulking puppy he already picked two team events.

 

“Do you have another team game picked out?” Mark asked not their Youngjae.

 

“No but Jokomato only wants to do a few. Sorry.” The older boy shrugged and smiled, wishing them good luck on practicing for polo. Youngjae bid them farewell before making his way back to the B.A.P chamber to finish filling out the packet. He tackled Junhong on the couch when he came back, kissing the youngest on the cheek. Giggling when Junhong’s cheeks turned a vibrant scarlet. “Sorry for running off earlier. Tell me about the herd race?” Youngjae looked at the younger boy with his best puppy eyes. Junhong huffed but told him that they saved him a spot on their herd relay race. The next few weeks were spent preparing for the MLDC. Youngjae watched in amazement as the Dragon Guard slowly transformed into a large coliseum with multiple rings to hold the different games. The Kingdom streets slowly became more and more crowded with each passing day.

-

The day finally arrived and the stands were already crowed before the first games even began. Youngjae gently chewed on his thumb nail, nervously looking around. Jokomato was napping without a care in the world. Jaebum finally showed up with Nora following close behind. Youngjae let out a sigh of relief.
"What are you so worked up about?" Jaebum tutted.
"I was worried I might have been in the the wrong room. I had to ask for directions five times and I'm still not sure I'm in the right place." Youngjae stated.
"You'll get used to it. You ready to lose?" Jaebum smirked.
"Psh, Joko and I are ready to kick some !" Youngjae elbowed his friend.
"Doesn't look like it." Nora butted in, sniffing the sleeping matoki. "Is Jokomato dead?"
"No... At least I don't think so?" Youngjae gently poked his dragon with his foot. "I can still win without Joko, just you watch.”
"Now you're just talking out your ." Jokomato deicide to wake up finally, stretching out like a cat. "When does this thingy start? I have a date-"
"WHAT!?" The other three exclaimed in shock.
"With my bed. You guys need to learn how to finish listening." Jokomato was going to say with Kekemato but they didn't need to know about that just yet.
"Geez, it seems all you do is sleep." Nora joked lighty.
"Sleep is a wondrous thing and naps are even better." Jokomato replied semi seriously.
"We can talk about sleeping later, the race is about to start. Let's gear up and head over to the starting gate." Jaebum said as he placed his saddle onto Nora. Youngjae did the same to Jokomato. There were eight other racers participating in the aerial obstacle course. Youngjae shyly waved to Ken, a member of Vixx, and Young K, a member of Day6, quietly wishing them good luck. There was a short count down and then a horn blared loudly. The gate doors flew open and all the dragons took off instantly. The beginning was simple, fly between the hanging walls, go through some rings but the further they flew the more challenging it got. Soon everyone was dodging arrows and moving obstacles. Youngjae was so focused on leading Jokomato threw the chaos he forgot this was even a race. The black and white checkered finish line was in sight and Jokomato booked it double time, The ribbon snapped across the dragon's chest and the crowd went wild. Youngjae waved at his friends from the 1st place podium and smirked at Jaebum, who pulled him into a headlock causing Youngjae to drop onto the 2nd place podium. When Youngjae emerged from the waiting room, Daehyun was there waiting for him.

"Good job." The older said with a smile. Youngjae just shrugged it off, a cocky smirk settled on his face. Daehyun just rolled his eyes before dragging the other man to a different part of the large coliseum. They wonder around the stands of another event, looking for Himchan and Yongguk. It was Totomato who ended up finding them on the wrong side of the stands. A quick jog to D side and everyone settled down to watch Junhong and Jongup fail miserable at archery. Surprisingly the two youngest members didn't come in last place. They didn't place either but hey 5th and 6th place was better than last. Jongup ignored his friends in the stands roaring with glee while Junhong blushed madly with embarrassment. Totomato giggled and Dadamato ate the compliments right up, puffing his chest out with pride... Pride for 5th place but pride nonetheless. Himchan told Youngjae to wait for the two youngest members while he, Yongguk and Daehyun left to prepare for their 10,000 meter race. Youngjae awkwardly stood there, he watched as people walked through the hallway.
"What's taking them so long." Youngjae pouted as he crossed his arms, rocking back and forth on his feet. He jumped when two hands covered his eyes.
"Guess who." A creepy voice whispered into his ear.
"Damn it Jongup, You scared the living out of me!" Youngjae yanked the younger's hands off his face and turned to face the giggling man. Jongup quickly held his hands up in surrender when Youngjae smacked his shoulder. Junhong popped up behind Youngjae, efficiently scaring the older man again. Youngjae ignored both of them until they bought him food from the various vendors sets up. The three riders and three matoki found seats near the top of the stands, it was the perfect place to watch the race. Youngjae went over the pros and cons of eating all the food before saying it and shoving all the delicious food into his mouth. Jongup laughed and poked his puffed out cheeks.
"You look like a chipmunk." Jongup let out a yelp when Youngjae bit his finger. Junhong was on the floor laughing his off.
"The race is about to start." Totomato said quietly and the humans sat up straight and watched the starting gates closely. 

Daehyun watched as Himchan and Yongguk glared at each other. Their old rivalry seeping through the air.
"You would think they would have stopped this childish rivirly by now." Minhyuk said, spooking Daehyun.
"Most people would think you would have stopped your rivirly with Hyunsik a long time ago but look it's still there." Daehyun teased and Minhyuk just snorted but didn't deny it. From an outsider's perspective, rivirly within the group might cause problems and sometimes it does but most of the time it pushes the rivals to their limits, thus making them stronger so it wasn't a bad thing. Daehyun did wish the two older members could tone it down from time to time tho. The riders were called to the starting gates. Ten racers stood in the ready position, waiting for the gates to open. Everyone flew out the gates the moment they opened. The track was in a straight line and the pressure of everyone flying so close shot adrenaline through Daehyun's body. The other racers faded into the blurry background, it was just him and Kekemato flying as one. 

Jongup, Junhong, and Youngjae both cringe when Himchan purposely smacked Yongguk in the head with his shoe causing Shishimato to fight back by knocking its wing into Tatsmato. "Is this how they race every year?" Youngjae asked.
"Yup." Jongup was rubbing his cheeks with his hands. Junhong was slouching in his seat.
"We honestly only show up to support Daehyun." Junhong added. Like magic the three of them looked back to Daehyun just in time to see him cross the finish line, the crowd was dead silent. The ref had Minhyuk's left arm in one hand and Daehyun's right arm in the other. The crowd broke out into cheers when the ref raised Daehyun's arm. Youngjae held Junhong in a deathly grip, shaking him in pure excitement.
"He won 1st!" Jongup said falling back into his seat. They watched as Daehyun waved to them from the 1st place podium, they waved back happily, Snickering when Daehyun waved at Himchan and Yongguk. Neither of them placed and somehow managed to tie again. They were just too matched for each other. Youngjae barely had time to congratulate Daehyun before Yugyeom and Bambam dragged him away with Youngjae following closely behind, softly apologizing to Daehyun for s' rudeness.

Youngjae gave up on struggling and let the younger two do as they pleased, soon enough he found himself in a matching Team Dab shirt. Youngjae gave the older Youngjae a sympathy smile and Youngjae fought the urge to strangle Jaebum if he didn't stop laughing. With an over dramatic sigh Youngjae followed the other three riders out onto the field. He could hear Daehyun's loud obnoxious laugh from the stands. "It could be worse." Jokomato said getting into an offensive position.
"How could it get any worse?" Youngjae mumbled under his breath. The ref blew the whistle and the game began. Polo was a simple game, smack a ball around to score points in the other team's goal. There was also a lot of flying back and forth.  With only one minute on the clock Team dab was trying their hardest to score one more point to break the tie but the other team's defence was too strong. A chance point arrived when Youngjae spotted Yugyeom struggling to get the ball past Jungkook. Youngjae took a deep breath before yelling at the two, "Are you guys trying to make out or something?" This made both riders freeze with burning cheeks and Bambam fell of his dragon laughing. Youngjae took advantage of the situation and smacked the ball towards the goal, only to have Dino block his shot and make a goal on their side. Both teams shook hands but Jungkook and Yugyeom were still frozen in the middle of the field.
"I think you broke them, Youngjae." Dino said, watching the two blushing fools stare at the ground.
"I got this." Bambam said before cupping his hands and yelling, "Are you guys going to start ing on the field?" This made everyone gasp and had Jungkook and Yugyeom running off the field. "They're totally going to do the do." Bambam told everyone. No one argued with him as they walked off the field so the next game could start without delay.

Youngjae and Jokomato waddled through the crowd to the racing side of the coliseum. He spotted Yongguk and Jongup, now was the perfect time to get revenge. Youngjae walked up behind Jongup and covered the younger man's eyes with his hands, except Jongup didn't even respond. Youngjae huffed in disappointment then followed Yongguk to where the others were waiting. Junhong showed off his first place metal to Youngjae when they entered the room. The older was sort of bummed he missed the 3 rider relay and demanded Junhong to tell him the exact play by play.The track was in the traditional oval shape but instead of a starting gate there were platforms. Himchan did the first leg of the race, then Daehyun and Junhong finished it. It was a close race until Kekemato took off, flying ahead of everyone. That gave Totomato a great lead that was maintained the rest of the race, no one had come close to beating them. 

The last event was a gang/herd relay race, it was the event everyone waited for. The groups were split up into three categories based on the amount of members in the gang/herd. B.A.P were in categorie 6, since they had six members. The race was one lap around the whole kingdom with multiple platforms where the members pass the baton to each other. It was about speed and teamwork, the team who won 1st got the title of ‘best team’ for a year and a free meal at the castle’s all you can eat buffet. Plus bragging rights but enough of that it’s time for the race to start. The order was going to be Daehyun> Junhong> Yongguk> Youngjae> Himchan> Jongup. All the racers settled on their platforms and waited. Kekemato didn’t hesitate to launch off the platform right when the horn buzzed, Wings easily cutting threw the wind current. There were a few dragons ahead of the duo but they kept their cool. A turn was coming up soon and that would be when they take the lead straight into Junhong. Daehyun was able to secure 1st place but the other riders were close behind. The baton was passed is ease and now it was up to Junhong and Totomato to further their lead. Totomato was one of the fastest dragons at the Dragon Guard so getting distance on the other racers came naturally but it still wasn’t enough. There was a short fumble of the baton when Junhong passed it to Yongguk, giving the other riders the few seconds they needed to close the distance a little bit. Unfortunate for them B.A.P don’t give up that easily. Shishimato was able to regain the lead they had before right when they passed the baton to Youngjae. Jokomato may be the lazy dragon of the group but that didn’t mean it wasn’t fast. The other dragons struggled to keep up and Youngjae was slowly putting distance between them and the other racers. Youngjae gave Himchan a wink as he passed the baton causing the older man to roll his eyes fondly. The race was nearing its last stretch and everyone in the stands were on the edge of their seats. Tatsmato and Himchan made it to Jongup no problem. Dadamato had its mind set on 1st place and Jongup was thinking the same thing. The finish line was visible when they turned the last corner, a sudden burst of adrenaline promised B.A.P’s victory. Jongup was quickly pulled into a group hug and Yongguk held the gold trophy above their heads. They did it, they won. This means the all you can eat buffet was theirs. That’s all anyone ever wanted.

 

(A/N): Sorry this took so long to write!!! I have no excuse as to why this didn’t come out earlier. I finished the beginning part of this chapter about 2 month ago but when it came to the actual event part I kinda didn’t know how I wanted to approach it then I just pushed it off to the side. When I finally came back I honestly forgot what I wrote and reading it over I decided to cut down on the amount of events each person was doing because there were too many. I wanted to make this chapter perfect but at the same time my passion for this story had died down a lot but I powered through it! But that being said this is the final chapter.

I viewed the long break as a sign that it was time to move on and also because this was the last chapter I had planned out from the beginning. (I had a basic chapter outline planned out for all 14 chapters before I even started writing ch1.) I may come back to this au at some point but it probably won’t be solely focused on B.A.P and will probably be a collection of oneshots because planning out a solid plot/timeline is actually a lot of work and I don’t know if I’m up to that challenge just yet.

As my very first fanfic I think this came out pretty well. Sure it may not be the best but I’m satisfied with it.

I want to say thank you to Michelle for editing this whole thing even tho she isn’t in the kpop fandom.

I want to thank everyone who took the time to read this story.

I want to give a big thank you to everyone who commented because you people really kept me going and inspired me to continue. I honestly wasn’t expecting anyone to enjoy my writing but the fact some of you did really means a lot to me!