|6|Lunch // No face mask either alright!! -JW

shizukani

After telling Jackson his name, everything that came out of the boy's mouth started or ended with Mark. So when the bell rang for lunch Mark was actually a little thankful, once he realized Jackson would have to leave to eat with his friends. He watched Jackson stand up, watched Jaebum and Youngjae walk over complaining about class, watched as the three walked to the door, watched Jackson come back, "Mark you wanna come eat with us?"

How did he not see this coming. Of course he didn't. "Uh no." Usually, he'd add an "I'm good, but thanks." at the end. In fact, he was usually pretty soft spoken and really polite to people, but Jackson wanting to become friends and complimenting him was just too new of an experience for him to act normally around him.

Wait. Am I becoming a Tsundere? That makes no sense. Grace always told me I was a Kuudere. Shoot, and I always judged Tsuns too. 

"Eh? Markkkkk why not?"

"Why would I?"

"Because we're friends Markeu!!"

"Hah? Since when?"

"Since you told me your name of course, Mark."

"I'm still not going to eat with you. And stop saying my name in every sentence."

"But Mar-"

Jaebum interrupted him from the doorway.

"Jacks, if he doesn't want to then don't force him."

"...fine."

The three walked out of the classroom and Mark sighed. He also noticed some black peeking out from Jackson's bag, and he was pretty sure it was his face mask.

Jackson whined to Jaebum about how close he was to convincing Mark to eat with them, and once the trio got close to the cafeteria, Jackson realized he left his lunch in the classroom.

Youngjae turned to him with a look saying, 'How could you forget your food?' followed by a comment with the same message, "It's lunch, how do you forget your lunch? It says it in the name, literally the only thing you need."

"Haha yeah sorry. I'll be back in a sec." Jackson replied as he started jogging back down the hallway.

Mark was just about to reach for Jackson's bag to confirm his suspicions about his missing face mask when Jackson ran through the doorway. Mark quickly drew back his hand and turned away, facing the wall.

Jackson grabbed his whole bag, remembering the face mask, and asked one last time, "Are you sure you don't wanna eat with us?"

"Yes I'm su- actually, if you let me check your bag, maybe."

"...is it about this?" Jackson asked pulling the face mask from his bag.

"Yeah!" Mark reached for the face mask in an attempt to grab it out of Jackson's hands, but Jackson just moved his hand out of Mark's reach.

"Yah! What the heck!" 

"...How about you change that maybe, oh and only if you eat with us for the rest of the week too. And. You can't wear this as often either."

"What?? It's only Tuesday though!"

Jackson just smiled at Mark, who glanced at his face mask.

"Fine, but you have to give me my face mask now, I promise I won't wear it for the rest of lunch."

"Okay, I'll give this back and you eat with me for the rest of this week, and you can't wear your face mask during lunches, deal?"

"Mmmm, deal."

"Ah, it's such a shame that you use this face mask at all though, you have such a nice face."

Mark blushed and quickly covered his face with his hands. 

Seriously, what's with this guy.

"Keke, well, follow me then!" Jackson said smiling.

I hope I don't regret this... Mark thought to himself as he followed Jackson out of the classroom.

-

"Jackson sure is taking his time." Jinyoung said looking at the entrance to the cafeteria.

"Yeah, I hope he isn't disturbing that kid Mark again." replied Jaebum.

"Who's Mar-"

Bambam began to ask before promptly being cut off by whispers.

"Who's that?"

"He's kinda cute."

"Why's he with Jackson?"

"Do you think he's the 7th member of GOT7?"

"Oh my gosh maybe!"

Mark walked in with Jackson and the cafeteria seemed to pause for a second before the indistinct murmur resumed, the majority of conversations changing topics to the new arrival.

Jackson was pretty used to the stares but Mark certainly wasn't, he tried hiding behind Jackson and the girls went crazy.

"I ship ittttt!"

"He's so cute what the heck!"

Jackson started walking and Mark quickly grabbed his hand, but just as quickly let go. "...Sorry."

More squeals. Jackson's included.

"Aw Markeuuuu!"

He threw his arm around Mark in an attempt to make the other more comfortable. The action certainly didn't make Mark comfortable, but Jackson seemed safe, it was like he was being protected from the stares of the room. 

Once they made it to GOT7's table, before either of the two had even sat down, Jinyoung introduced himself.

"Mark right? I'm Park Jinyoung. Nice to meet you!"

"Uh- I... nice to meet you too."

"We were just talking about you actually."

"Huh?"

"Yeah, how we were hoping Jackson wasn't disturbing you during your lunch break. Sorry about him. Jaebum, by the way, I believe we're in the same class."

Mark nodded in response.

Jackson and Mark sat down and the rest of the members also introduced themselves.

"I'm Youngjae, also in the same class I guess."

"Hello. I'm Yugyeom, the maknae. If you're in the same class as Jackson hyung, Youngjae hyung, and Jaebum hyung, I'll just assume you're also older than me."

"Hi Mark! I'm Bambam!!"

"Ah, nice to meet you guys..." 

"Mark is gonna be eating with us for the rest of the week, okay?"

"Yeah okay."

"That's fine with me."

"Same."

"Sounds fun."

"Yeah!"

-

The week went by surprisingly fast. The rest of Tuesday Mark got to know Jinyoung, who was really savage but really nice too. Overall, Mark was pretty sure he felt the most comfortable around Jinyoung. On Wednesday Youngjae asked about his lunch, saying it looked good. By the end of Wednesday, Mark had promised to bring Youngjae homemade lunches and began waking up early to help his mom make breakfast and lunch, simultaneously avoiding Grace's methods of waking him up. Thursday he got to know the maknaes, who had a surprisingly large amount of things in common with kyum and dabdab, they were in a relationship, and both danced as well. Throughout the week he maintained a somewhat strained relationship with Jaebum but eventually realized he was actually just a meme with a serious side.

Mark also let out some genuine laughs. He hated how high pitched they were. Luckily no one seemed to dislike his laugh.

Far from hating his laugh, all the members of the group loved Mark's laugh. They thought it was extremely cute. In just a week, Mark had unknowingly charmed all of GOT7. The only one who didn't seem to be fully enjoying himself was actually the one who started the whole thing, Jackson.

-

ack, sorry. I honestly tried updating multiple times but I lost the draft twice and I lost motivation to update. Imagine this chapter written two different ways. They were going in completely different directions too. But yeah, I typed it up directly and when I tried saving the changes I was apparently logged out because I did it on my school laptop and it reset so I lost it and AHHHHHH whatever, I'm sorry. Shoutout to the ppl who commented tho thanks for keeping me in check.

I need to edit this still but I'm too lazy so I'll just put it up and make changes later.