|3 .1|Day in the Life of Mark // ...who's Mark? -JW

shizukani

No matter how many times Mark slept downstairs, Grace still always checked to see if he was in his room. Today was one of those days, when Mark was given a more firm reminder than Joey's screams in the morning, of the terrors of morning Grace.

"Hey Markeu." He heard a soft whisper.

Mark groggily opened his eyes, groaned a little, closed them, and pulled his blanket up more and smashed his pillow against his face.

"Yah Mark!" Was all he heard before his covers were stolen from him by the evil Grace Tuan.

"Ohaiyou ototo-channnn~"

Mark groaned again and hugged his pillow tighter until he felt a sudden dip on his bed and cold fingers just above his waist. As if just the cold fingers weren't enough, the fingers started moving.

Mark was, undeniably ticklish, so the moment Grace's fingers found his body, he was done for.

"AHAHA GRACE- AHHHH GRACE AHAHAHAHA"

"Nope! Not until you get out of bed."

Mark's slightly high pitched laughter filled the room.

"O-OKAY FINE HAHA I'LL- AHAHAHA"

"I don't believe you." She laughed and sat on Mark.

"I'M- I'M SERIO- AHAHA JUST GET OFF ME!!"

"Mmmm...okay fine. Joey takes a while to get up anyways."

Mark sighed, sitting up as Grace made her way to the door. Just as she was passing through the door way, Mark following, seemingly to also exit, he picked up his tossed aside blanket, made a run for his bed and curled up in a ball.

Seriously!! It was what? 5 in the morning?

Grace grinned as she ran back into his room and jumped on him, prying his blanket away, and dragging him from his bed, out of his room and to the bathroom. Mark reached for his bed unsuccessfully, and once he was out of his room he just gave up. Trying to get back after being dragged to the bathroom was too much effort for him so he just accepted the fact that he was in the bathroom and started to get ready. As usual, he heard Joey's scream and Grace's laughter, and sighed. The rest of the morning also proceeded as usual, him leaving the house just as Joey and Grace scrambled downstairs. The walk to school was peaceful, Mark even hummed a bit.

When he got to his classroom, about half of the class was already there. So he quietly found his seat and sat there, scrolling through his phone.
The teacher walked in and Mark sighed. He wasn’t particularly motivated to do well at school. Not the smartest or most talented, he always saw there was someone better than him at anything and everything he tried to do. Everyday was a blur really, only music, and maybe his interesting online dongsaengs. Sure he got along with Joey and Grace, but they went to different schools. 

Okay, so maybe Mark lied about having no passions, he was actually pretty into music, but was too passive to do anything about it other than apply for SOPA. And somehow he had gotten in, much to his own surprise. He really liked music but he didn’t really like his voice and despite his indifference to everything, he was actually pretty jealous of Youngjae and Jaebum because they had really nice voices. And actually, the new transfer had a pretty good voice too. It wasn’t smooth and clear like the other two, instead it was more raspy, but strangely alluring, and Mark knew the girls certainly thought so. He could see Jackson rapping and singing, he was very attention grabbing.

The transfer student had become pretty popular huh…

Lunch was quiet today. It was always either quiet like this, or he would be asked for help from his online dongsaengs. Mark remembered when he first met JB.

im.jb // hello?

…Who is this? And pft, I haven’t used this in so long, I forgot I even had an account. I can’t think of anyone who would message me…

yn.tuna // hi?

im.jb // oh, you responded

Was he not expecting a response?

im.jb // sorry, I was just using the find nearby feature because I wanted to rant to someone random;;

Alright, he’s pretty gutsy. It probably isn’t a good idea to talk to some random person, but this area is pretty safe and he said he found me using the search nearby. Plus it’s not like I have anything better to do…

yn.tuna // this is sorta out of character, but what happened?

im.jb // well…I’m sort of conflicted about these two people

im.jb // I’ve sorta been crushing on my childhood friend my entire life, but there’s also this other guy who is like a ball of sunshine and I think I might be falling for him too…

This poor guy…

yn.tuna // then, in this situation, isn’t it that you’re leaning more towards this new crush than your childhood friend?

im.jb // well that’s the thing…I thought that was what was happening at first too but I’m still just as attracted to my childhood friend as before…

yn.tuna // …well do either of them seem to like you back?

im.jb // not sure… I honestly can’t tell and I don’t think they know I like them either… which is fine, I don’t want to mess up our relationship if they don’t see me that way

yn.tuna // wait, are you close to your new crush?

im.jb // yeah…he was actually in my childhood firend’s class and he introduced him to me during lunch a few days ago.

yn.tuna // well, you already said you don’t want to ruin your relationships with them if they don’t see you the same way, so I guess just wait until you can tell… and about liking them both, if you honestly think you like them both equally, once you confirm their feelings, tell them. I know a few people who have three person relationships and it honestly works out really well.

Okay… I don’t really know anyone but I’ve seen a lot of these kinds of relationships…

yn.tuna // Honestly I’m more surprised that you aren’t worried about being judged about your ual orientation.

im.jb // oh yeah, I told my family and friends pretty early and they’re all really chill about it

yn.tuna // well that’s good

yn.tuna // and I’ve been meaning to ask but..im.jb? lol like what, Justin Bieber?

im.jb // haha I don’t want to hear that from Mr. Tuna

yn.tuna // lol alright alright

im.jb // oh, actually, are you older than me? I was born in 94

yn.tuna // lol I’m a 93 liner you smol bean ;P

im.jb // well then hyung… do you mind if I make a group chat with you and the two I was talking about? I feel like I might want to talk to you about them a lot and it’d be easier if you sort of knew them.

im.jb // I’d rather talk to you about it than people I know irl because they could make a slip up or they might end up teasing me about it…

yn.tuna // yeah, I mean I guess, why not?

im.jb // plus it’d help to get someone else to try and see if it isn’t entirely hopeless to think they might like me back.

im.jb // wait really??

im.jb // you know what hyung, you’re pretty chill, and nice even tho I’m a stranger, and you give good advice

yn.tuna // well it’s not like you’re trying to scam me, plus you seem to genuinely want someone to talk to. It’s not like I have anything better to do, so why not?

im.jb // well, I’m gonna make the group chat then, if you don’t mind…

yn.tuna // okay

im.jb invited jy2, cyj and yn.tuna

yn.tuna // …hi?

Mark laughed to himself. Yep after that, dabdab and kyum were added to the chat and recently gaga. They’re a funny group of guys.

After lunch, the blur that he called school and the academy continued and eventually he found himself at home. He finished a lot of his work during study hall and ended up with a lot of free time. So he decided to play around on YouTube, watch some anime to keep up with his sister’s random spurts of Japanese. Halfway through an episode a banner popped up on the top of his screen.

kyum // hey hyung?

yn.tuna // yeah what’s up kyum?

Mark smiled, yep taking care of these dongsaengs and music were two of the things he very much looked forward to. The thought surprised Mark a bit, maybe he cared about more things than he realized. He still lacked the motivation to really commit himself to anything though...

-

lol what?? I honestly don't prewrite anything whoops, I kinda just write whatever whenever, and today I was trying to figure out how to explain Mark getting into the group chat in the first place, and I dun think it makes sense, but oh whale... also I wasn't sure if I liked JJ Project or 2jae better. 

Altho JJ Project promo, VERSE 2 Y'ALL

But yeah maybe imma make them a O x O 

ahaha...I think I accidentally mixed my thinking about who I shipped with me trying to create a flashback for Mark. But whatever...

i dunnooooooo mannnnnn

next chapter will be another extra with yugbam developments maybe and I'll get back into the story in the following chapter // it'll probably relate to the description and forward yay

I just wanted to solidify the relationships of the other members even tho it might've been fun to leave it open for readers to decide who they shipped... again, whoops and oh whale

my own personal rant about how this story is going, sorry;; if you read this congrats but you really didn't need to... I feel like writing anything too important here isn't a good idea because I admit that I skip these in some stories... ASDFGHJKL have a nice day 

> v <