|2|lunchtime // *turns up volume of headphones* -MT

shizukani

In the following weeks, Jackson aquatinted himself with the school. At first he was a bit nervous because of his broken Korean, but his new friend Im Jaebum was really nice and supportive about it. He even met Jaebum's friends, who were also all nice and funny guys. 

"Hey Jackson, you should eat with me and my friends at lunch."

Jackson grinned, "Alright, thanks!"

He was glad Jaebum had made the offer because he was actually a little worried this morning on his way to school, questioning whether he would be able to make friends, if the class would accept him, whether he would get lost, how he would adapt to the new environment. Luckily there was Im Jaebum,who seemed friendly enough. Also the guy who helped him earlier that morning, neat black hair, and a sort of motherly feel, when he got lost in the hallways. Yeah, those two were definitely nice people.

Jackson followed Jaebum into the cafeteria, eyes following the direction of Jaebum's waving, a group of 4. As they got closer to the group, Jackson noticed that one of them was the one who had helped him find his way earlier. At this realization, Jackson subconsciously let out a gasp suggesting that he had recognized a member of the group. The attention of the boys greeting Jaebum was shifted to him, and the black haired student responded with a similar gasp of recognition.

"Aren't you the new student I helped earlier?"

"Hm? Oh! Yeah, thanks again for that..." Jackson grinned and quickly bowed.

A new voice spoke up on Jackson's left, "Oh, so this is the new student? I heard he's from China!" The small boy leaned closer to Jackson, "You're from China right?" 

Jackson nodded.

"Yes! Finally! Another foreigner! I'm... just call me Bambam." he smiled.

"Oh, well I'm Jackson Wang, nice to meet you!"

"And this is Yugyeom! We're the same age. And we both dance! Do you like dancing?"

"Aish, Bambam, stop getting so close, you're practically about to kiss him." The black haired boy said, his tone suggested that this happened a lot.

"Well, I'm Jinyoung. I'm sort of the mom of the group when I need to." He says turning to Bambam and Yugyeom. 

"I figured as much." Jackson replied.

He was amused by the look Jinyoung gave Bambam, but he wasn't sure why Yugyeom was getting the same look. He seemed like a quiet and well-behaved boy.

After introducing himself, Jinyoung turned to another boy who seemed to be sleeping and nudged him. The boy he nudged slowly raised his head. "Tsk. What, mom?"

"For the millionth time, I may act like a mom from time to time, but I am certainly not your mother, so don't call me that. And introduce yourself to Jackson."

"Well you act like a mom, what's wrong with calling you one?? ...wait, who's Jackson?"

With slight, but very noticeable irritation in his voice, Jinyoung replied, "Jackson, the new transfer from China. You'd know that if you were paying attention instead of sleeping."

"Alright, alright, sorry MOM." Before Jinyoung could make another comment about being called mom, the boy continued, "I'm Youngjae, nice to meet you Jackson."

"Likewise." Jackson smiled.

Jaebum clapped, turning attention back to himself, "Well then, since it seems like everyone has introduced themselves, let's eat!" 

In about a month, Jackson had not only aquatinted himself with the school, but also his new group of friends. 

He finally understood why Jinyoung had given Yugyeom the look. Apparently, his personality, choices, and actions took a complete 180 from his usual quiet self whenever he was in the dance studio, practice rooms, or dancing in general. A general sign of Yugyeom being in this state was his laughter followed by a chase between him and Jinyoung, along with Jinyoung's threats to kill Yugyeom. 

Bambam and Jackson had bonded over their troubles in learning about Korean culture. Although they were close, it wasn't anything romantic. After all, Jackson had seen the way Bambam and Yugyeom looked at each other and being the good hyung he was, he did his best to push the two together when he could. 

Youngjae was also much friendlier and funnier than their first meeting had let on. It was mostly him being grumpy after waking up. Jackson made a note to himself that Youngjae slept a lot, and was in fact in his and Jaebum's class two seats ahead of Jaebum. It's just that he was always sleeping. The teacher, though not the happiest about the lack of attention from Youngjae didn't really care much since he got good grades. Another thing Jackson made a note about was Youngjae's laugh. It was loud, but not obnoxious. It actually made you feel more comfortable because it was such a genuine laugh. 

And of course Jinyoung and Jaebum. Like he said when he first introduced himself, Jinyoung was like the mom of the group, always caring for the other members, but he also had this hidden sassy side. Jaebum was perhaps more of a father figure to the group, always taking the lead, taking charge, and regrouping everyone. 

Jackson decided he rather liked this group of individuals.