|1|a new transfer //...ok, whatever -MT

shizukani

Mark could hear soft footsteps walk past him, the clinking of kitchen utensils. The smell of food cooking is what really made him open his eyes, eventually finding the motivation to get up.

Pleasantly surprised by the odd, peaceful wake up call, he made his way upstairs to get ready. Used to being jumped on and dragged out of bed, Mark concluded that he should sleep downstairs more often.

On his way to the bathroom, Mark heard a sudden yell followed by Grace's laughter in the direction of Joey's room. This only further convinced Mark that the living room couch was a much safer choice than his room.

After brushing his teeth, washing his face, all that morning routine stuff, Mark made his way to his room and picked out a very comfortable looking oversized sweatshirt, and grabbed a random pair of pants, since they were all basically the same anyways. He walked out of his room and back downstairs where his mom had finished making breakfast.

Mark ate his breakfast in silence and once he finished, took his dishes to the sink. His mom sighed as she handed Mark his lunch and proceeded to pack up the other two kids' untouched meals. On his way to the door, Mark grabbed his backpack and of course his earbuds and face mask before slipping on his shoes and saying bye to his mom. Just as he was leaving the house, Joey and Grace ran down the stairs and he could hear his mom hastily lecturing them, "Your dad and Mark have already eaten breakfast and left! Why are you only now coming down? You're going to be late. Here, breakfast and lunc-"

Mark laughed and started walking to school, plugging in his earbuds and turning the volume up. 

As usual, once he got to school, he took his seat, far right side of the classroom towards the front actually, by the door. The cliche back left corner seat by the window did seem nice and peaceful, but he'd much rather avoid any situations related to socializing. And being the main character of a shoujo manga was not something on his to-do list. Plus sitting by the door meant easier access to an exit, was a blind spot to people walking in the class, and made it so he didn't need to walk across the classroom just to sit down. So Mark was satisfied. At school, Mark liked to keep to himself. Plugging in his earbuds and throwing up his hood. Visually, Mark certainly was good-looking, but he always covered his face with glasses, a face mask, anything really, Mark really just didn't like showing his face.

The day went as usual, isolating himself, listening to music, reading, studying, playing on his phone. And luckily, no one bothered him about it. He had grown up with the same people and they never really bothered reaching out to him, and Mark certainly didn't mind. If anything, he quite enjoyed it. He had a decent amount of internet friends. In fact, he was actually pretty close to a group of five that added him in a group chat a while back. Mark didn't have many problems but he liked supporting and helping these five out. Surprisingly, despite his self-isolation, he was left alone by teachers and students. No teachers confronted him about "not having friends" and no students bullied him for not having any either. He didn't have much of a presence too, always quietly going about his business. And Mark was satisfied.

So when a new transfer came from China, Mark wasn't bothered. Even being the only other person in the class who could communicate in Chinese, he wasn't bothered. He wasn't really paying attention when the new student was introduced, and it wasn't like anyone knew he could speak Chinese either. Besides, the new kid ended up sitting in the seat right next to the "designated anime cliche window seat" where Jaebum sat. Both seemed like they would get along and Mark was just glad he was right in avoiding the window seat because it looked like this Jackson kid was a loud one.

-

Yay first story ^ v ^ 

kinda made this because I was bored and even though it's not a lot I was actually really surprised that even one person was reading this lol

plus I feel like Markson is a sinking ship even tho it's my otp ; - ;

stupid bugs that separated them, and I want the markson show to have a comeback ; A ; 

MARKSONNNNNNN