|3 . 2|The Maknae's Struggles // wait what struggles??! I haven't heard of any from Gyeom! -BB

shizukani

kyum // hey hyung?

yn.tuna // yeah what's up kyum?

Mark saw kyum as, how would he describe kyum. A very supportive person with a passion for dancing. The majority of the time he was quiet, and had pretty short answers. When kyum was like this, Mark both related to the boy and also wondered if this hard to approach feeling was the same that he gave off. Mark also recalled, however, times where kyum suddenly became talkative, as if he were a completely different person... and it always seemed to be when kyum was either talking about dance or right after dance practice.

And no, Mark didn't just reflect on the way people acted just because they reached out to him. After all, different members of the group had asked him for advice as well. But this was the first time kyum had messaged Mark privately... as previously mentioned, the youngest was more of a supportive friend character and Mark couldn't imagine kyum being involved in any drama directly. If anything he could only think of kyum asking Mark for help on managing dabdab's problems and drama. Maybe that was it...

Mark's brief analysis of kyum ended as the later responded.

kyum // well...hyung I'm not entirely sure...

Okay...so maybe it's not about dabdab, maybe it actually is a personal problem.

yn.tuna // ...do you want to try explaining the situation maybe? Talking about it and explaining it to someone who doesn't understand the situation can help you figure things out yourself you know. Since you have to explain it from the beginning and mention a lot of details you generally forget when telling someone who already knows the situation. If that makes sense...

kyum // uh. I guess that makes sense... okay.

kyum // so... in my dance class there's this person I think I like...

yn.tuna // alright, go on

kyum // and today we did co-ed partner dancing and I guess I didn't really like how close the person I liked and their partner were getting

kyum // ...if I'm being honest with myself, I think I was perhaps a bit jealous

Child, I think if it bothered you enough to feel the need to tell someone about it, you were a little more than "a bit" jealous.

yn.tuna // I think so...

yn.tuna // wait isn't dabdab in your class?

kyum // yeah

yn.tuna // well talking to me about it is a good way to self reflect and get things off your chest like I mentioned, but there isn't much I can help you with other than give advice.

yn.tuna // why don't you get dabdab to help you?

Our conversation comes to a brief stop and this worries me, because aren't dabdab and kyum like, best friends? When kyum finally does respond, his vague reply only worries me more.

kyum // well...about that...

Again, aren't you guys like best friends? Why are you so hesitant? Wait, are you having drama with dabdab?? Maybe I was right, maybe it is about dabdab. Just not in the way I was thinking. Don't tell me you guys are having drama over a girl. Was dabdab the one who was getting to close to your crush?

Mark types out the last thought and presses the send button.

yn.tuna // Wait...was dabdab the one who was getting to close to your crush?

kyum // not exactly...

yn.tuna // so then what is it?

...

On the other side of the conversation, in a basic, simply designed room, Yugyeom contemplated whether to tell his online hyung about his crush. Tuna hyung had been right once already... after all, he hadn't readily accepted that he was indeed crushing on his "crush" until explaining to his hyung. Yugyeom sighed. Might as well.

kyum // well actually, dabdab is my crush;;

Mark took a good couple of minutes to let this sink in.

Alright, ok, not quite what I was expecting. Again. But whatever. Aish, seriously though, what is with the supportive friends in this group and having best friend crushes? First JB and now kyum.

kyum // ...hyung?

yn.tuna // yeah, sorry. Just needed a minute for that to sink in.

kyum // no that's fine. I mean, it apparently took me years for it to register

yn.tuna // and you're fine with liking dabdab? Like, having feelings for your best friend, the idea of being attracted to a dude?

kyum // well...I mean, I guess. My only problem would be dabdab not liking me back. Also I don't really know how to control my jealousy... and I may have sorta been ignoring him since practice yesterday

yn.tuna // okay, it's good that you seem to accept liking him, but you shouldn't avoid him because of jealousy

kyum // but hyung! What should I do then?

yn.tuna // obviously stop ignoring him. And maybe try confronting him about your feelings? The longer you put this off the harder it'll be.

Mark thought back to when he first met JB, if only he knew them better, he probably would've given similar advice, because clearly, jy and cyj liked JB, and dabdab also obviously trusted kyum and honestly, there was a high chance dabdab liked kyum too.

kyum // ...alright hyung

kyum // thanks.

yn.tuna // of course, anytime kyum

-

~smol timeskip to the next day, lunch | and pov change~

-

Bambam was the first at the lunch tables today.

Gyeommie was acting weird yesterday...it was kinda like he was avoiding me.

The rest of the group came and sat down, except for Yugyeom. Bambam, with a worried tone, asked if anyone knew where their maknae was. Everyone was a bit shocked since Bambam had asked them, and if anything, they should be the ones asking him where Yugyeom was.

Since apparently no one knew where Yugyeom was, Bambam, even more worried, stood up. Just as he was about to start looking for Yugyeom, the said male walked in.

Yugyeom made eye contact with Bambam and suddenly the later found himself being dragged out of the cafeteria.The rest of the group stared at the now yugbamless doors.

"What do you think that was about...?"

"...dunno."

...

The two youngest had finally stopped, in a cliche out of sight, side of school building setting.

"...Geom?"

Despite having run through this scenario multiple times since his conversation with Tuna hyung, Yugyeom was still a little hesitant and unsure of himself.

"...uh, bam?"

"Yes?"

Bambam was on the edge of his nonexistent seat, hanging on Yugyeom's every word. He was extremely worried. He knew Yugyeom didn't speak much, or very quickly, but he felt a sort of uneasiness behind the quietness in Yugyeom's words this time. And it was very unsettling for Bambam.

Gyeom never hides things from me, wait is this about why it seemed like he was avoiding me yesterday...was he intentionally doing it? Why? Why? Whyyyyy?

Wanting to know what this was about, Bambam leaned in, widening his eyes in expectation, followed by an encouraging smile. But instead of telling Bam what was going on, Yugyeom broke eye contact and started...blushing?

This only further confused Bambam.

"Ah Gyeommie! Just tell me what's wrong!" Bambam whined.

"Is this about the parter dancing yesterday? Do you like Lisa??! Woh I had no idea! Sorry man!! We're just family friends so I felt comfortable around h-"

Yugyeom eyes suddenly darted back to Bambam's and he took a small step forward with a sort of panicked expression. "No!"

"Uh...okay. Sorry?"

"No...it's not your fault. Actually... you're right, it was about the partner dancing in class yesterday. I got sorta jealous and I didn't know how to handle it, so I ended up avoiding you...but not because of Lisa! Well, yes because of Lisa, but not because I like her."

Yugyeom looked down at his feet, "I know your families are close, but I couldn't help feeling jealous 'cause Bambam," he looked back up.

"I think, I like you. No, I know I do. I just didn't want to come to terms with that fact."

Bambam had expected some sort of fight because of the serious expression Yugyeom wore when he had dragged him from the cafeteria and brought him to some deserted area. When he felt Yugyeom's uneasiness, he decided this must be a confrontation instead. The blush threw him off, but he ended up coming to the conclusion that this was about Lisa and the partner dancing. And Bambam didn't want to lose his best friend, so he was willing to support them if that's who Gyeom liked. Sure he liked Yugyeom, yes in that way, but considering the impressiveness of the younger's "y dance" he couldn't possibly imagine Yugyeom thinking of anything or anyone other than a girl.

So when Gyeom told him the one he liked was him, as in Bambam, the dab crazy Thai transfer student with a name too long to remember not to mention pronounce, Bambam the meme.

He was speechless.

This confession towards the Thai boy was completely out of the said male's expectations. Of all the confessions Bambam had prepared for, this was not one of them, so his reaction could only be of shock, and silence.

He was speechless, and had no idea how to react.

“...me?”

“Yeah, but I mean I totally get it if you’re disgusted and you don’t like me back. I just wanted to tell you because, well I guess it’s for myself. But even if you don’t accept me, can we at least still be friends? If you don’t like it, I’ll never talk about this aga-”

It was Bambam’s turn to interrupt, “Yah!”

“Just a second now.”

Bambam’s shock was quickly overcome with rage when Yugyeom started going on and on without hearing what he had to say.

“When did I ever say I didn’t like you back?” The smaller said, taking a step forward.

“Eh?”

Bambam took another step forward, “I’ll have you know Kim Yugyeom, that I have liked you probably since the moment I met you. And I most definitely love the way you dance."

"So then. ‘You think, no you know, you like me,’ and now that you’ve ‘come to terms with that fact’ you think you can just tell me, then walk away like nothing happened??!”

He takes one last step closing the gap between them, “Sorry, that’s not how it works. You better be prepared to take responsibility for the beast you’ve just unleashed, ‘Gyeommie.’”

Bambam grabs the back of the taller’s head and brings it down, connecting the two's lips.

Yugyeom stiffens at the contact but soon relaxes and eases into the kiss, wrapping his arms around Bambam, caging in the smaller male. Both fight over dominace with their tongues, a fight that Bambam inevitably loses. Having lost control of the kiss, Bambam grips and runs his fingers through Yugyeom's hair, still trying to push back and regain control.

At some point, the young pair realize they can't breathe and reluctantly part. For a moment the two are silent, catching their breath, panting, and looking at each other in amazement.

"Well that escalated quickly."

"You're not gonna say anything about suddenly being kissed?"

"It's not like I'm complaining, what should I say? It was incredible and I was incredibly ?"

"Plus, I wouldn't really say I was the one being kissed towards the end there." Yugyeom ended with a wink.

Bambam blushed.

"What? You wanted me to say something."

"It's like you're at dance practice..." Bambam muttered.

"Hmmm?"

"I was just thinking, it's like you somehow flipped your dance personality switch, but without the dance..."

"Well, I think it's more of a things I enjoy switch, and dance used to be the only thing I liked doing, but I think you might be a new addition to the list."

The bell rang and Bambam started making his way their next class.

"You're stupid."

Yugyeom laughed and jogged to catch up to Bambam, "I heard that! But you love me anyways right Bammie?"

"yeah...but I'll still beat you to class!!"

Bambam stuck his tongue out at Yugyeom, then turned and ran, Yugyeom following close behind.

-

welp...I ended up just making this a yugbam sorta oneshot sorta not... but it somehow became super long whoops

I was enjoying myself sorry;; also sorry about the filler chapter, agian. Last one, I swear. Until Chapter 4. 

But yeah I'll get back to the main story. Chapter 4 finally. No more decimals lol