Fifth Hour: Gym

Friends or Not?

Chapter Four

Hyosung's POV

Lunch with Sungje was alright.  But I still think it was WEIRD!  I never even thought of that conversation.  I thought about it'd be.  Something like:

Sungje introdues me to his friends.  I tell them my name.  They laugh at Sungje and I smile a bit.  Sungje and I would start talking about school, what his best classes are.  He'd ask me my favorite subjects.  I'd tell him and he would nod and smile.  Then when we finish lunch we'd walk to fifth hour together and go our seperate ways.

But no.  That didn't happen at ALL!  So there goes my pefect lunch "date".

After eating Me and Sungje walked to fifth hour.  I looked around and mumbled to myself.  "What's wrong?"  He asked me.  I looked at him and smiled shyly.  "I don't really know..."  I told him rubbing my head.  He laughed a little and I laughed as well.  "SO what do we have for fifth hour?"  I asked him.  He looked at me and smiled.  "What do you have?"  He asked.

I took out a paper slip from my poket and I opened it.  I read the schedule:

First Hour: English

Second Hour: Math

Third Hour: Social Studies

Fourth Hour: Science

LUNCH

Fifth Hour: Gym

I looked at him and closed the slip of paper.  "I have gym."  I told him.  He smiled.  "Me too."  He turned and I followed.  He stopped right at the turn and turned towards me.  "The girls' locker room is right over there."  He pointed.  "The guys' is right here, well, see you in gym class."  He told me.  I nodded and walked off.

I walked a couple feet and turned around and he was gone.  God, Hyosung!  Why'd you do that?  I thought to myself.  As I opened the door, I heard screaming.  I walked in and went to the office and the teacher greeted me.  "Oh, you must be..."  She said stopping to think of my name.

"Hyosung.  Jeon Hyosung."  I told her.  She smiled and she gave me a lock.  "The combonation is: 40/20/10.  Locker Number is 540.  You're down by some of the new girls.  And we hope you'll be active, Hyosung."  She motioned me off and I went to find my locker. 

I looked and found the five-hundreds.  I found five-twenty.  I looked more and found it, five-hundred, fourty.  I opened the locker and clothes laid there for me.  "Wow, what a great school."  I told myself.  I undressed myself and put on the clothes.  They had my first name on the front, my last name on the back and a number.  I was number fifty-five. 

I put my street clothes, nicely away.  I threw my backpack in and closed it.  Great it fits!  I told myself.  I quickly then locked it and then I turned around and saw a girl.  She was just sitting there staring at me.  She had the goo-goo eyes.  I sighed and sat on the cement seating, by my locker.  I put my back against the gray metal locker and I sighed.  

"Why're you staring at me?"  I asked her.  She snapped out of the trance and she stood up and came two feet closer to me.  "I want to you little pipsqueak!  Just keep away from my Sungje!"  She told me.  I stood up and had the game face on.  "Hey, I just met him today.  What thinks you'll be his "girlfriend"?"  I asked her.  She laughed loudly.

"You don't know one thing do you?"

"Maybe I don't!"

"You'll never have a chance with him!" 

"Does he ever look at you, talk with you, laugh with you?"

Then the girl went silent.  She started to sit, but realized, last minute that the cement bench was there.  She walked and sat down.  "Why does everyone say that?  Just because he doesn't do that doesn't mean..."  She started to say.  I then walked passed her and gave her the eye. 

I walked out and saw Sungje. "Hey, Hyosung."  He said to me.  I waved at him.  "There's this girl that says she's your "girlfriend."  Is that true?"  I asked him.  We started walking and his eyes was wide open when I looked at him.  "What?"  I asked.  He stopped and I kept on walking and stopped a feet in front of him. 

"That's Park."  He said.  "Park?"  I said confused.  "Yeah Park Min."  He answered.  He walked and I followed.  "She's this girl who is very popular and she thinks I'm out of her league just 'cause she thinks I'm awesome or something."  He added.  I nodded.  "Oh really?  She looks like the snobby, and spoiled."  I told him.

"She is."

"Okay...  Then...  Well, what do you think you're going to do tonight?"

"Why?"

"I just wondering."

"Well, I was going to ask you something before school ended."

"Tell me now then."

"No, I have to wait."

"Come on, Sungje!"

"Fine, fine.  I wanted to ask you to go out with me to a restuarant."

"What kind of restaurant?"

"It's called..."

"What?"

"I'm trying to think of it."

"Oh, sorry."

"Oh, it's called, Samwon Garden."

"Isn't that expensive?"

"Yeah, but I am rich, kinda."

"Oh, okay.  Well I can't wait."

"Amaze me."

"With what?"

"With look."

"Okay then."

"Yep."

We walked in silence and then we reached the gym.  We played volleyball and then the bell rang and we changed and walked to the library 'cause that is where we had study hall.  I think I'm falling for him more and more.  But why should I?  I feel like he's gonig to go out with me, we become boyfriend, girlfriend and he's going to break my heart.  But what should I do?  I can't think of anything right now...  Its driving me CRAZY!