Missing Notes

I Hate School Trip

A/N: Hello guys~ I'm back with the newest chapter! I would like to thank you who read, vote, comment my fics! I totally appreciate it! There's a bonus in this chapter and I hope you enjoy~ 

P/S: I'm planning a happy ending for this story. Please anticipate it XDD. 

Looks like Seventeen will have their comeback this Feb! YAYYYY!! 

You can follow me on twitter @xxowlyeahhhxx 

9

 

Ding Dong.

 

“Coming—” She gasped when Jeonghan suddenly is standing right in front of her when she’s about to get the door. “Big brother…?”

 

“Cutie, I come here to say my last goodbye.” Slowly, Jeonghan approached her, thus pulled her into his embrace.

 

She widened her eyes in surprised. “No…! You can’t leave me, big brother…!” Tears started to roll down her cheek.

 

“Even so, I have to…” He caressed her cheek as well wiped out the tears. “Don’t cry cutie… I don’t want you to cry.”

 

“But you are leaving me…!” She said in between her sobs.

 

Jeonghan softened into smile. “Then, can you help me out for the last time?”

 

She looked up to him but Jeonghan just smiled and abruptly faded away.

 

“Big brother!!!” She yelled and abruptly snapped into reality, out of breath. She found herself dreaming about her brother all the time but this time, she felt the realest. Tears started to roll down her cheek again. “Big brother… I miss you…!” she embraced the pillow tightly.

 

After the incident, she always ended up dreaming about Jeonghan whenever she’s sleeping in Jeonghan’s room. A book suddenly fell from the shelf and startled her. But she boldly went to pick up the book regardless.    

     

Lee Jihoon.

 

The name written on the book is not Jeonghan’s but why it is here? Curious, she opened it. At the beginning she found nothing other than math note but when she turned to the last page, she found some unknown names including her brother’s name being crossed. The only names that are not crossed are Kwon Soonyoung and Choi Seungcheol. She knows the later but not the other.

 

“Kwon Soonyoung?” She tilted her head, recalling where she heard that name until a call from her mother halted her.

 

“Seungcheol wants to meet you, sweetie.”

 

 

The trio is waiting for her outside the house as they refused to wait inside. Seungcheol softened into a smile when he saw she walked out. “Hey.”

 

“Cheol oppa…!” She quickened her steps and hugs him. It’s normal for Seungcheol but it’s a rare sight for Jihoon and Mingyu who tag along. They nudged each other.

 

“Cheol oppa… I miss Hannie oppa… He appeared in my dream again…” She cried on his shoulder.

 

Seungcheol exchanged stares with Mingyu then Jihoon. There’s a lump on his throat that makes it hard for him to speak. Even though Jeonghan is a bully but Jeonghan is close with him. They have known each other for a long time. Even his sister treats him like her brother. But he has to be strong in order to fulfil Jeonghan’s last wish. 

 

He loosened the embrace and stared straight into her eyes. “Lil sis, actually your Hannie oppa asked us to bring this souvenir to you.” He handed a small box to her.

 

Her eyes widened in surprised. “He did…?”

 

Seungcheol just nodded as a response. “He chose it personally.”

 

Somehow she doubted it but Seungcheol never lied. But her current concern right now is Mingyu and Jihoon’s presence there. “I never saw them before… Are they oppa’s friends?”

 

“Yeah. The tall one is Kim Mingyu and the shorter one is Lee Jihoon.” Seungcheol introduced. Mingyu and Jihoon just nodded accordingly.

 

She gasped upon hearing Jihoon’s name. “Lee…Jihoon…?” She stared at him in disbelief. Jihoon on the other hand exchanged stares with Mingyu then Seungcheol. They just shrugged their shoulders, unknown.   

 

“Then, can you help me out for the last time?”

 

“Wait a minute!” She shuffled to Jeonghan’s room and grabbed the notebook. “You want me to return this right, big brother?” She recalled Jeonghan’s asking her to help him before she snapped from her dream.

 

“Is she alright?” Mingyu asked.

 

“I don’t know…” Seungcheol said somewhat worried.  

 

She reappeared a minute after with a book on her hand, approaching Jihoon. “I think my brother wants you to have this back…” Handing the notebook to him, Jihoon tilted his head in puzzlement.

 

She nodded. “Your name is written there so I thought it belongs to you…”   

 

He flinched when he recognized the notebook. It’s his missing math notebook. He’s been searching for it all this time because of what he wrote inside. He quickly turned to the last page of the book.

 

Kwon Soonyoung

Choi Seungcheol

Jeon Wonwoo

Wen Junhui

Hong Jisoo

Lee Seokmin

Boo Seungkwan

Yoon Jeonghan

 

Nothing changed. The names remain crossed except for Soonyoung. As he flipped through the previous page, his eyes widened in surprised. This is not what he wrote.

 

Jihoon-ah, you are really a b~a~d~

Am I that witty until you dislike me?

Hmm… I’m sad… T_T

Even so, I can’t blame you.

The way I approached you is wrong though.

Bully…

Idk what did I think that time.

I’m really sorry if it discomforts you……

But you are so cute!! >.<

Anyway, I promised with Cheol that I’ll get along with you during our school trip!

Yay! It must be fun with Soonyoung around too!

I hope you will open your heart for me and others as well! :3

But somehow, I have a bad feeling about this trip though…

Idk. Maybe just me? *shrugs*

Oh! I made a petition!

I get everyone who got their name crossed to write something for you in here!

I’m thoughtful, am I? *Smile proudly*

(Even though this is your book)

This is the side of me that you don’t know, Jihoon~

Hehehehehe…

Looking forward for our trip! <3

 

Your bully,

Yoon “Witty” Jeonghan   

 

Holding his tears hardly, Jihoon’s hands trembled. He flipped the other pages. Jeonghan’s right. Others wrote their thoughts inside this book too.

 

“Is it really yours?” Mingyu’s question snapped him back.

 

“Yeah…” Jihoon softened into a smile, holding the book dearly. Mingyu just blinked in puzzlement with his reaction.

 

Jihoon startled when someone suddenly patted his shoulder. He turned around and found the smiling Jeonghan.

 

“Jeonghan.”

 

“Can you ask Mingyu to snap a photo of me and my lil sis?”

 

Jihoon stares at Mingyu then Seungcheol, and back to Jeonghan. “Inside Seungcheol?”

 

Jeonghan smiled. He approached his younger sister and stood next to her, holding her hand. “Nope. This time I won’t use Cheol’s body.”

 

Jihoon nodded. He turned to Seungcheol but before he can open his mouth to utter a word, Seungcheol interrupted beforehand.

 

“Jeonghan wants to get inside? Got it.”

 

She, who’s standing next to Seungcheol furrowed her eyebrows in puzzlement when he mentioned Jeonghan. It is weird enough to see Jihoon’s talking alone and now they are mentioning her brother?  

 

Jihoon shook his head. “Not this time, Seungcheol.”

 

Seungcheol tilted his head innocently. “No?”

 

“Excuse me, but what do you mean by older brother wants to get inside?” Retorting, she finally voiced out her curiosity.

 

Seungcheol sweat dropped and laughed half-heartedly. He signalled Jihoon and Mingyu to explain it to her.

 

Jihoon stepped forward. “Actually, I can see spirits. By spirits, I mean I can see your late brother. We can communicate too. Even though it’s been more than two months now, he still can’t move on. Probably, you didn’t let him go…”

 

Her eyes widened in surprised. “You can see big brother…?”

 

Jihoon nodded slightly. “And he’s here, standing next to you… holding your hand…”

 

Tears started to roll down her cheeks as she turned to her side. Even though he’s invisible to her but she can feel his presence there. “Big brother……?”

 

“Jihoon, tell her that I love her and always be. Sorry that I can’t accompany her anymore.”

 

“He said he will always love you… and he’s sorry that he can’t accompany you anymore…”

 

“Big brother…!!” She wept as she suddenly felt she was being pulled into a hug.

 

At this point, Seungcheol and Mingyu also shed tears. But Mingyu quickly gathers his strength and standby with the camera, to capture every precious moment of the siblings.  

 

“Thank you, Jihoon, Cheol and Mingyu though both of them can’t hear me. My last wish has been fulfilled. I will take my leave now.”

 

“Jeonghan, thank you…” Jihoon muttered with a slight blush.    

 

Somehow Jeonghan was dumbfounded as he’s trying to decipher it. He can’t believe those words were blurted out by Jihoon to him. Jihoon quickly looked away, trying hard to hide his embarrassment but failed miserably as Seungcheol keeps teasing him about it, nudging him.

 

Jeonghan softened into a smile when everyone started to gather. He spots Soonyoung.

 

“Soonyoungie.”

 

Soonyoung who just appeared with the rest responded when Jeonghan abruptly called his name. “Yes?”

 

“I won’t lose to you the next time we meet.” Jeonghan smirked.

 

Soonyoung’s lips curved into a smile. “Sure.”  

 

The light abruptly shimmered on him. He turned to his younger sister and caressed her cheek.

 

“Take care, cutie.” Jeonghan’s last words echoed before he slowly disappeared.

 

“Big brother…!” The tears won’t stop but right now, she’s sincerely letting him go to where he’s supposed to be. Shortly, Jeonghan’s finally leaving them.

 

Shutting her eyes close, she asked Jihoon. “He’s gone for real, isn’t he?”

 

“Yes.” Jihoon responded.

 

She softened into a smile. “Thank you, Jihoon oppa…”

 

Jihoon just smiled as a response. “Yeah.”

 

“So, who’s next?” Insensitive with the current situation, Mingyu simply yet innocently blurted it out.

 

Seungcheol and Jihoon shot him a death glare but being a clueless Kim Mingyu, he just blinks innocently. “What?”

 

BONUS

 

Hey Jihoon.

It’s me, Joshua.

I would like to thank you for lending me the fork and spoon that time.

I’m not able to thank you properly before because you keep avoiding me…

I really appreciate it. :))

You know how bad I am using chopsticks… Haha…

Jeonghanie said you had my name crossed in your notebook?

I’m sorry if my action makes you uncomfortable.

But Jihoon, I need you to know that I’ll always be by your side if you need someone to talk to.

I’m all ears.

I hope my music would reach you soon. ^__^

Thank you once again…

 

Yours sincerely,

Gentleman Joshua Hong Jisoo.

 

Jihoonie cutie! <3

It’s Junhui, your prince~~ jk jk

Soonyoung will kill me if he found out. Kekekeke~

Oh! If someone bullies you, do tell me okay?

I’ll make them regret for hurting my cutie Jihoonie!

I mean it!

Anyway, I hope we can enjoy our time during the trip!

Looking forward for the trip~

 

Your love,

Wen Junhui