The grade and the privilege

I Hate School Trip

Note: Italic is Jihoon’s POV. Bold is for flashback.

SVT Academy; High School Division; Class 2B

 

The teacher entered the classroom. For some reasons, the class seems quiet unlike the usual market-like surrounding.

 

“As being told, the school trip is around the corner and I bet you guys can’t wait for it, right~? But I hope you didn’t forget today’s special event which is…”

 

The hang sentence made the students swallowed hard.

 

“Ta-daa! It’s the announcement of your monthly grade! As usual, the top 3 students from your grade will be given a privilege around the school but this month is special. They will be given a privilege during the upcoming school trip.”

 

“Really!?”

 

“Yes. And guess what? We have two students here that will receive those privileges!”

 

The classmates who knew well who’s on the list turned their head to the possible candidate. It amused the teacher. “There’s an unexpected turnover this time. The first in grade is no longer Wonwoo’s.” she gave a hint.

 

They gasped in surprise. “Seriously!? Could it be Dino from the next class snatched the title away?”

 

“Well, unfortunately it’s not him. It’s someone from this class too.” she gave another hint.

 

“Then, Jeonghan?”

 

She smiled once again while walking to certain someone’s desk. “Congratulations, Jihoon. You are the first in grade for this month.”

The class was surprised upon hearing the name but the introvert cutie was even more surprised when his name was mentioned.

 

“But he scored last for last month… How did he…?” One of the classmates, Seungkwan still wondered.

 

“He’s absent.” A relatively handsome Chinese-blood classmate, Jun retorted.

 

“Well, efforts never betray right, Jihoon?”

 

Jihoon just nodded slightly. “Thank you…” he replied sheepishly. At that moment, he can feel that the whole class was eyeing him and somehow made him uneasy.

 

“And as usual, you will be given the privilege too for getting second in grade, Wonwoo. Congratulations!” The teacher congratulated the other student.

 

“Thank you, teacher.” A handsome guy with round glasses thanked with the most charming smile that you ever saw.

 

“Still, we can’t beat class 2A for overall grade score.” The teacher looked somewhat disappointed. But she lifted her head back. “Whatever the case, we will now enjoy the next event which is school trip!”

 

“Yeah!”

 

 

I am Lee Jihoon. I hate school trip. Today too is not exceptional even though I have a privilege to do as I please as long as it obeys the rules. I am not comfortable to socialize with people moreover with certain people in my class. Yes. I am an introvert. If the school is not compulsory, I swear I won’t go. Luckily, I have the privilege… I can invite my friend to join me.

 

“Hello! I’m Soonyoung from class 2C! I will join you guys during the trip since my best friend used his privilege making me a part of Class B! I hope you don’t mind and nice to meet you!” The blond introduced himself as soon as he boarded the bus.

 

“Who are you? You are not familiar~” they joked.

 

“Oh come on! Let me do this just once guys~” They laughed with the guy’s reaction. Soonyoung then walked and took a seat next to Jihoon.

 

“You don’t have to say it in that way.” Jihoon frowned.

 

“Well, it’s Soonyoung~”

 

This is Kwon Soonyoung, my one and only friend. We have known each other since kindergarten and always going to the same schools. Our personalities are completely opposite but somehow we become friends. He has a lot of friends and even my classmates are his friends. That’s why they can joke around like that.

 

As soon as everyone boarded the bus, the bus started to move. There’s six buses in total and the students were divided according to the class. The bus with the students from class 2B was on the last one in row. After 1km, the sight of remaining five buses already disappeared. The buses probably went ahead.

 

“Wait!! SVT Academy’s bus!! WAIT!!” A loud knock from outside distracted them. As soon as they peeked outside the bus, they found four students with the same SVT Academy uniform were running or more accurately looked tired chasing after the bus.

 

“Driver, please open the door before it turns green! There are still students outside!”

 

The driver opened the door immediately for the worn out four students.

 

“Thank you…!” They panted as soon as they boarded the bus.

 

“What happened to you guys?” The teacher asked.

 

“We were late…” One of them replied.

 

“We apologize for causing troubles…” The other person apologized.

 

“How can you be so clumsy by bringing just your camera bag?”

 

“Look who’s talking! How can you stay so long inside the toilet?”

 

However, the remaining two were arguing over something.

 

“Alright, alright! Stop quarreling! We are heading to the same destination too. So, why don’t you just settled down?” The teacher retorted.

 

“Yes… Sorry…” They apologized in unison.

 

The teacher smiled. “Why don’t you introduce yourself since you guys are here? We can get to know each other.”

 

“Oh yes! My name is Kim Mingyu from class 2E.” The one with a camera bag introduced.

 

“I’m Xu Minghao. Mingyu’s classmate…” He introduced himself sheepishly. It’s completely different from before when arguing with Mingyu.

 

“I think you already know me. I’m Lee Chan a.k.a. Dino from class 2A.” The shortest of four introduced.

 

“I’m Choi Hansol from class 2A.” The mixed blood, Hansol introduced with awkward smile while scratching the back of his head.

 

“Wow. You looked like DiCaprio…!” They were awed with the mixed blood guy’s visual.

 

“Alright then, Mingyu, Minghao, Chan and Hansol. I will inform to your respective teachers about boarding the bus 2B.”

 

“Yes, thank you very much, teacher.”

 

 

“Let’s play King’s Game?” Soonyoung suggested.

 

“Oh! Good idea!”

 

“Let’s invite the four of them too!” Seokmin added.

 

“Mingyu, Minghao, Dino, Hansol! Let’s play King’s Game with us!” Soonyoung called four of them.

 

“King’s Game? Looks fun! We are in!”

 

“I think I won’t--”

 

“Jihoonie! Draw one.” Soonyoung cut off his sentence beforehand.

 

Jihoon sighed and decided to draw one stick.

 

“So, who’s the King?”

 

“Ah. It’s me…” Jihoon showed the King’s stick.

 

“Wow, Jihoonie.”

 

“So, what kind of order will you give to us, King?”

 

“Uh… Well… Number 2 can hug number 7.” He simply blurted it out whatever across his mind.

 

“Oh~ you are that kind of person huh, Jihoonie~” they teased.

 

“Who’s number 2?”

 

“Me.” Jun acknowledged.

 

“7?”

 

“M…Me…” Minghao said sheepishly. His face flushed in bright red.

 

“Minghao, you are lucky I lost my camera.”

 

“Shut up. Just wait for your turn, idiot Mingyu!”

 

Therefore, Jun and Minghao hugged even though they barely knows each other. In fact, completely stranger.

 

“Next one.” They drew the stick simultaneously.

 

“I’m the King. Therefore, I ordered everyone to kiss number 3’s cheek.” The long haired Jeonghan ordered.

 

“Number 3 is…”

 

“Me.” Jihoon voiced out. He looked extremely annoyed and somehow amused them.

 

“Jihoonie hates skinship though.”

 

“So, it’s time for him to overcome it right, Jihoonie?” Jeonghan asked with devil smile.

 

After a few hours of their journey, the students were asleep but not for Soonyoung. He looked around. Jihoon was long gone to his dreamland. He leaned on Soonyoung’s shoulder and made the blond smiled.

 

“You are still the same, Jihoonie.” He pinched his cheek softly.

 

“It hurts, idiot.” Jihoon frowned.

 

“Oh, you are still awake? I thought you are in your wonderland.”

 

“I do until a certain idiot pinched my cheek.”

 

“Haha! You are too cute--”

 

Soonyoung’s sentence was cut with a loud honking sound.

 

CRASH!

 

That’s why I hate school trip…