Epilogue

I Hate School Trip

EPILOGUE

 

-CURRENT YEAR-  

 

♪ Without knowing why, sometimes those thoughts just appeared out of nowhere lately ♪

 

Joshua’s honey vocal was the first thing Jihoon heard when he regained his consciousness. Slowly opening his eyes, he found himself lying on the coach in the small room.  

 

This song… This voice…

 

“Oh. Sorry, did I bother you?” The singing stopped abruptly.

 

“Joshua…?” Switching to sitting position, and only to find his hyung’s slowly approaching him, taking a seat next to him on the couch.

 

“You have tears in your eyes. Are you okay?” Joshua asked concernedly.

 

“Maybe…? Where am I?”

 

“Studio.”

 

“Studio?” Jihoon looked around and finally came back to his senses fully.  

 

“We were practicing our song before and you said you want to take a nap. I just want to take my guitar here. Sorry if I disturb you.”

 

“No, not really. Where are the others?”

 

“Outside. Probably practicing again.”

 

There was a long silence until Jihoon decided to break it.

 

“Joshua hyung, do you believe in second chance?” He asked out of sudden which surprised the older. But being a good guy as he is, Joshua replied regardless.

 

“Well, I do. Why?”

 

Jihoon softened into a smile and hugged Joshua which caught the older off-guard.

 

“You had a nightmare? Want to talk about it?”

 

Jihoon loosened the embrace and shook his head. “I’m fine. I’m just glad that I’m able to see you once again.”

 

Joshua tilted his head, slightly dumfounded and watched the younger quickly rushed out from the studio. When Jihoon arrived at the practice room, he only found Jun and Minghao are arguing on something about fashion. Their attention diverted to Jihoon as they saw the black haired appeared.

 

“Woozi hyung!”

 

“Are you okay?” They rushed to the shorter.

 

“Did I look that terrible?” Jihoon furrowed his brows.

 

They shook their head furiously in unison.

 

“Where is Hoshi?”

 

The duo exchanged stares until Jun decided to reply him.

 

“Soonyoung is clearing up his mind.”

 

“Huh? What for?”

 

“Because—”

 

“Jihoonie~! You are awake~?” Jun’s words were cut off by Jeonghan who’s skipping happily to Jihoon, wrapping his hand around the younger.

 

“Yes I did. But where are the others? Shouldn’t they practicing here?” Jihoon was not fond of skinship but he didn’t shove the older away like he usually did.

 

“Ahh… Seungkwannie, Vernonie and Dokyeomie are out to buy drinks~” Being a Yoon Jeonghan, he used this opportunity to nuzzle the back of Jihoon’s head and made the younger let out a giggle, ticklish.   

 

“Did someone call us?” Seungkwan appeared on cue with the other two aforementioned names.

 

“Oh, Woozi hyung. I didn’t know you like skinship.” Seokmin finally voiced out his and the other two Chinese boys’ thought.

 

“Not really. I’m just glad to see you guys again.” Jihoon softened into a smile. Shocked, they exchanged stares with each other. Woozi just said that to them? Seriously?

 

“Are you having a fever…?” Jun placed his hand on the younger’s forehead.

 

“I’m fine. Just… I’m just happy to see you guys. Really, I meant it.” Jihoon said, almost shed tears.

 

“Aww… Come here. Let’s do a group hug.” Jeonghan initiated the hug and followed by the rest.

 

“Ah, come to think of it, Dino is quarrelling with Hoshi hyung just now.” Vernon spoke up. “So, they are probably in the room upstairs?”

 

“What?” Hearing the word ‘quarrelling’ triggered Jihoon. He quickly made his way to the room and only to find the teary eyes Dino with Seungcheol by his side, comforting him.

 

“Hoshi didn’t mean it. You know your Hoshi hyung the best right? He will cool down afterwards.”

 

“But it’s my fault…I should not say something like that to him… I know he wants the best for our team yet I…”

 

Seungcheol pulled the younger into a hug, rubbing a circle on his back as well coaxing him. “It’s okay.”

 

“What’s happening?” Jihoon finally retorted.

 

“Jihoon… Dino and Hoshi had an argument previously right after you left for a nap.” Seungcheol explained. “I ask Wonwoo to talk to Hoshi because I think it will be more comfortable for him to talk with someone on the same age instead of someone older.”

 

“Where are they?”

 

“Rooftop.”

 

Jihoon hummed. He approached still-crying Dino and ruffled the maknae’s hair. “You know how much he loves his dongsaeng especially you, right? Just trust him. If you don’t want him to blame himself, please stop crying.” He wiped the tears with his thumb and caressed the maknae’s cheek.  

 

Dino nodded understood while Seungcheol was impressed to see Jihoon went to comfort the maknae because usually, Jihoon was the first one to start picking on the maknae. 

 

“Good timing that you are here, Ji. Please say something to that idiot. He won’t listen to me.” Wonwoo and Mingyu appeared at the doorstep.

 

“I think he will listen to you more instead of Wonwoo hyung.” Mingyu stated, shrugging his shoulder dismissively.

 

“Right.” As Jihoon walked past the duo, he patted their shoulder respectively with a smile carved on his face. “You two still have an unfinished business with each other. Make sure you sort it out too.”

 

Blinking, the duo exchanged stares with each other then watched the shorter left to the rooftop.

 

Cold winds sent down a shiver on his spine as he opened the door. Luckily he wore his jacket along. Thus, he found the black haired was sitting on the floor, staring at the stars with just a plain white t-shirt in this kind of cold weather. If Jihoon right now is Jihoon without the memory of his past life, he would definitely go and curse the black haired mercilessly for being an idiot. But Jihoon right now is soft. He wanted to cry for some reasons right after he saw the dozed off raven-haired. Previously, he had the thought that his bond with Soonyoung was slightly different from others but he assumed it as a bond that they share of being the producer and choreographer of the group respectively. It never crossed in his mind at all that Soonyoung played a big part of his past life. Jihoon is thankful to the God who’s giving him the second chance.

 

“What’s up, Kwon?” Jihoon tackled Soonyoung with a back hug much to the older’s surprised.

 

“J-Jihoon?” 

 

“Are you okay?” Jihoon asked, still hugging the older.

 

“I should be the one to ask you…? Are you okay…?” Soonyoung asked, somewhat hesitant.

 

“Why? I’m okay~”

 

“Y-You are being fond… I thought you hate skinship?”

 

“Nahh~” Jihoon’s warm skin sent down a shiver to Soonyoung’s when they touched. 

 

“I heard you argue with Dino. Anything to spill, Kwon?” Jihoon finally pulled away from the hug and faced Soonyoung.

 

Soonyoung just let out a sigh. “That kid… He said I’m favouring you more…”

 

“Seriously? Where’s that come from?” Jihoon wanted to laugh with the sudden outcome but he will just ruin the atmosphere. So, he contained it.

 

“I don’t know. He said about accepting your opinion more instead of him who’s my dance buddy?” Soonyoung rolled his eyes in disbelief. Sometimes, he doesn’t understand what was on the boy’s mind.

 

Jihoon hummed. “But isn’t it true that you favour me more?” He wiggled his brows cheekily.  

 

Soonyoung jolted with a blush. He quickly looked away from Jihoon, scratching the back of his head. “W-Well… You are great, giving out some brilliant ideas that even I could not think about it. Th-That’s why.”

 

Amused, Jihoon’s lips curved into a grin. “Or is it because you adore me~?”

 

Soonyoung’s face reddened even more. “W-W-What!? N-No I didn’t—”

 

“But I do.” Jihoon cut him off before he could finish his mumbling.

 

“W-What…?”

 

“I’ve told you before that the next time we meet, I will never let you go anymore, didn’t I?” Jihoon said while staring straight into his eyes.

 

Blinking, Soonyoung was dumbfounded with the sudden information. When did he tell him?   

 

“Anyway,” Jihoon stood, dusting off his pants in between. “Let’s go. It’s getting colder here. You will catch a cold with just those outfits. We could not afford to lose our attractive choreographer~” He pulled now-blushing Soonyoung up to stand and dragged him.

 

“But Dino…” When his head knocked some sense, he hesitated.

 

“Don’t worry about him. He’s good.” Jihoon flashed him a reassuring smile.

 

“Uh…if you say so…” Complied, his sight then darted to their intertwine hands. He doesn’t know why his producer is behaving unlikely right after he awaked but he must admit that it is breath-taking seeing him like this. It feels like the old times… Old times? What was he thinking? Nahh. Whatever it is, it feels great every time he sees Jihoon.

 

When both of them get back to the practice room, everyone already gathered there. Soonyoung spotted Dino but it will be awkward if he starts first. While his thought’s clouding, Dino already one step forward.

 

“Hoshi hyung! I’m sorry!” He said almost scream, while bowing down to Soonyoung. “I should not say that to you! I—”

 

Soonyoung swiftly pulled him into a hug, interrupting him. “Hyung too! Hyung supposedly shows you better example as a hyung!”

 

“Hyung…… Thank you…!” Dino replied the hug and sobbed on Soonyoung’s chest, wetting his shirt.

 

“Awww~ seeing you guys cuddle makes me want to cuddle too!” Thus, Jeonghan pulled them into a group hug again, including Jihoon with Hoshi and Dino as the centre.

 

Tears finally escaped from Jihoon’s eyes when the previous memory of Soonyoung and Dino hugged before their departure flashed across his mind. They started to panic when they saw it. “Ji-Jihoon!? Are you okay?!” (Especially Soonyoung)

 

“I’m okay. I’m just overjoyed and a bit emotional today?” Jihoon wiped the tears with the hem of his shirt.

 

“If so, how about Jihoon make a chant today?” Joshua suggested.

 

“Oh, that’s good! I don’t mind!” Being the leader of 13 members boy group, Seventeen, he should be the one to do the chant but especially for today, he gives a chance to the group’s producer since he looks like he has a lot to say.

 

“Okay…” Jihoon complied. Thus, they started hurdled in circle, connecting their finger with a person next to them.

 

“First of all, we should be thankful that we have been given with this opportunity to meet with each other, spending time together through ups and downs. Seriously, I hope we can continue to support each other like this too until forever. Also… I want you guys to know that you guys are really important in my life. Seventeen, fighting!”

 

“Fighting!!” They roared out loud.

 

“That was a good chant, Ji!” Seungcheol beamed, patting the younger’s back.

 

“As expected from our producer!” Mingyu exclaimed, showing his canine teeth.

 

“Of course~” Jihoon grinned.

 

I still hate school trip but I guess school trip is just the beginning of everything nonetheless. Everything happened for a reason. Thanks for the gift that You blessed me with, I know how to be thankful… You never knew how precious someone is until you lost them. So, learn to appreciate it and be thankful even to the smallest thing.

 

BONUS 1

 

“What!? You caught a glimpse of your past life!?”

 

“Yeah. You are a part of it too, surprisingly. Everyone too.”

 

Soonyoung stayed silent for a minute before muttering something about who is he in Jihoon’s past life inaudible but loud enough for Jihoon to hear it.

 

“You were my one and only best friend, Kwon Soonyoung. But right now, you are my one and only star, Kwon Hoshi.” Jihoon flashed him the sweetest smile that he’d ever seen on Jihoon.

 

And that made Soonyoung rejoiced in happiness as he tackled down the small producer with a hug. “I won’t let you go anymore, Jihoonie!”

 

“Idiot. That’s my line.”

 

BONUS 2

 

“Wonwoo hyung!” Mingyu called the older.

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Why you always pointing your finger to me when we sing ‘akkinda’ (Adore U)? Heh~ probably you adore me?” Mingyu said jokingly, wiggling his brows.

 

Wonwoo shrugged his shoulders dismissively. “Maybe.”

 

“Wha-what? Seriously!?” Mingyu didn’t expect that replies though.

 

“You want to know the answer?”

 

Mingyu nodded eagerly.

 

“Okay then. I adore you, Kim Mingyu.” Wonwoo blurted out. Though he may not look like it, but a slight pink tinted on his cheek. 

 

Mingyu’s eyes glistened in happiness. “I always adore you, Jeon Wonwoo!”

 

“A hyung for you.” Wonwoo corrected him, looking away.

 

“Fine. I always adore you, Jeon Wonwoo hyung~~” Mingyu hugged the older.

 

Wonwoo’s lips curved into a smile. “Good.”     

 

END

 

A/N: Finally! This story has come to its end... Thank you very much for reading! Are you satisfied with the ending? I hope you can share your thoughts about this story! If you like it, you can give an upvote hehehe XD Anyway, I'm currently working on my new fic. Hoping you guys continue supporting me! :DD