Thanks

I Hate School Trip

A/N: Hi guys~ looks like I'm almost finish with this story. I'm sorry if this story makes you cry and sad but I'm sincerely thankful for those who supporting me, reading, commenting, upvoting and subscribing! Fyi, this story has an epilogue so stay tuned for the epilogue on the next chapter! :))) Rejoice if you want happy ending! 

Warning: This chapter slightly mentioned of violence.   

 

11

 

Soonyoung and Wonwoo are lying on the rooftop, staring at the sky. A comfortable silence overwhelmed them as they are enjoying the view.

 

“Wonwoo, I’m just wondering… What makes you stay here while the others already left?” Soonyoung finally broke the silence after an hour stayed in mute.

 

“Hmm. I’m just waiting for you.”

 

Soonyoung snorted. “What is that? So, you are saying you want me to go first?”

 

Wonwoo shrugged his shoulders dismissively. 

 

“But I still don’t get it why I’m stuck in here… Look.” Soonyoung switched into sitting position, facing Wonwoo. “I don’t have any regrets reside in me… I’m positive of that. Do you think Jihoonie is holding me back?”

 

“It might be someone else.” Wonwoo replied without looking at the other.

 

Soonyoung raised an eyebrow, curious. “Who would do that? My parents?”

 

Wonwoo finally stood and dusted off his pants. “Someone whose last wish is you.”


Dumbfounded, Soonyoung hardly digested what Wonwoo’s trying to say. As he realized, his name was being called by a familiar yet foreign voice.

 

“Soonyoung.”

 

 

When Jihoon and Seungcheol arrived at the discussion room, Mingyu already had his laptop on, with the camera connecting to it via USB cable.  

 

“What’s up, Mingyu?”

 

“You guys need to watch this!” Mingyu said as he scrolling down to find the video back. 

 

“Wait. Why there are so many picture of Wonwoo? Don’t tell me you are the stalker that he mentioned once previously?” Seungcheol pointed out the other thing instead as he saw majority of the picture are Wonwoo’s.

 

Mingyu flinched and blushed wildly. “T-That’s not important right now! The confession can wait! More importantly, this footage!” He quickly clicked on the video right after he found it. “I haven’t watched the whole video yet so I don’t know what happened after that.”

 

Focusing on the video, they listened to every single word carefully until the last part that Mingyu watched came around.

 

…I…don’t…want…to…film…*cough*…our…face…right…now…*cough*…not…good…sight…*cough*

 

Therefore, a faint siren was heard and so does Soonyoung’s voice.

 

Minghao! Dino! Hansol! The ambulance is here! Hang in there just a little bit more…!

 

I don’t think I can make it……

 

Don’t say like that, Minghao! You have to be strong…!

 

I guess you will be the last…person…I…

 

Minghao!? Minghao!!

 

Wonwoo’s hoarse voice calling for Soonyoung abruptly took over.

 

Soon…young…!

 

Wonwoo…?

 

Light footsteps coming over to Wonwoo’s direction.

 

Wonwoo…!! Hang in there!

 

No… I can’t…*cough*

 

Min…gyu…*cough* he…still…breathing…

 

Don’t talk too much…! You are badly injured!

 

Ju…st…help…Min…gyu…

 

I’m going to help both of you!

 

Soonyoung…!! *cough**cough* …plea…se…

 

Abruptly, faint voices are heard.

 

Sir! Over here!! Help!! Someone still alive—

 

Soonyoung suddenly halted his words and thus makes the faint voices just now slightly clearer than before. 

 

Take their money and other valuable things quickly before the ambulance arrived!

 

I remember this kid’s face. That snobbish Lee CEO always bragged about his son.

 

He’s still alive. Should we make him as our hostage?

 

No need. Just end him. Make that damn CEO suffer. Nobody will suspect anything. They will just assume this kid died in the crash.  

 

W-What are you doing, Sir!? Stay away from Dino!   

 

The camera captured the footsteps. So, they are assuming that Soonyoung’s running towards them.

 

! When did he—

 

HELP!! S-Someone!! HE—

 

PLINGGGG

  

Soonyoung’s loud scream in between was cut off with a loud sound of steel colliding as if he was hit by it violently.

 

H-H-He’s dead…!

 

Tsk! Let him be! He’d probably saw us earlier.

 

To…whoever…*cough*…sees…this……*cough*please……return……*cough*camera…..*cough*Mingyu…..

 

That guy is moving!

 

Footsteps coming over towards Wonwoo were heard.

 

He has a camera with him!

 

Get the camera!!

 

Damn! Let the camera go!

 

A bustling sound buzzed followed by Wonwoo’s groan in pain.  

 

…Ack…! N…No…

 

But then the siren of the ambulance halted the guy’s movement.

 

! The ambulance is coming! Let’s get away!

 

The camera finally caught a glimpse of the unknown guys, three of them before a crackle sound buzzed and eventually stopped the camera from rolling. Frozen, Jihoon had a traumatized look while Mingyu already stumbled on his knees with tears streaming down his cheeks. “No…way…”

 

Seungcheol rubbed their back, trying to coax them.

 

“Wonwoo… He wants to tell us this… not just returning your camera…” Jihoon muttered in disbelief.

 

“Jihoon, we need to find him now…!”  

 

 

“D-Dino! You startled me! W-Where have you been this time? I thought you lose your way!”

 

Dino remained expressionless as he approached Soonyoung. “Soonyoung, do you remember that day?” He asked monotonously.

 

“What day are you talking about…? Dino, are you okay…?” Soonyoung said concernedly yet slowly stepped backwards.

 

“Stop.” Wonwoo intervened, standing in between them. “He doesn’t remember anything yet.”

 

“What are you guys talking about? Wonwoo? Dino?” Confused, Soonyoung exchanged look with Dino and then Wonwoo.

 

“Soonyoung, you need to snap yourself to reality if you need the answer on why you are still here!”

 

“Dino! Don’t force him!”

 

“No, Wonwoo! The reason you are still bound to this world is because of Soonyoung too, right!?”

 

“Wonwoo…? Is it true……?”

 

Wonwoo looked away, ignoring Soonyoung. “Dino, this is not the right time yet.”

 

“You keep telling me that! So, when is the right time!?”

 

Shortly, the trio arrived, somehow out of breath. They ran all the way from the library to the rooftop as Mingyu felt their presence here.

 

“Great…! Three of you are here!” Jihoon said in between his huff. He signalled Mingyu and thus the taller guy rolled his camera on with video mode. The other trio finally came visible through the camera. 

 

“Jihoonie? What are you doing here…?”

 

“Wonwoo! The real reason you want to return the camera is because of the content, right?” Being the only one who can converse with the spirits without camera’s aid, Jihoon spoke up.

 

“Hmm. So, you guys have seen it.”

 

“What content, Jihoonie?”

 

“The real reason on why you ended up like this, Soonyoung…”

 

Soonyoung widened his eyes in surprised. “R-Real reason…?”

 

“Soonyoung…” Jihoon approached the stunned blond, grasping both of his shoulders and stared straight into his eyes with his now-glassy eyes. “…You were murdered…”

 

“No way… You’ve got to be kidding me… I got killed because of the crash…”

 

“Murdered.” Wonwoo finally spoke up. Their attention quickly diverted towards the brunette. “But you’ve got none memories of it due to the amnesia you experienced right before you died.”

 

“No way… What are you guys talking about…? No…! I don’t recall that!” Suddenly, Soonyoung felt a sharp pain took over his head. “Argh…!! My head!” He groaned in pain.

 

“Soonyoung!”

 

His missing memories finally flashed across his mind.

 

“W-What are you doing, Sir!? Stay away from Dino!”  

 

“! When did he—”

 

“HELP!! S-Someone!! HE—”

 

PLINGGGG

 

Dino knelt down on the floor, sobbing. “Because of me…… because you are trying to protect me…… you were killed……!”

 

“Dino…”

 

“…You would have survived if you didn’t protect me—”

 

DUSH!

 

A fist landed on Dino’s face sorely which much to everyone’s dismay. It was Soonyoung unexpectedly.

 

“WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE I WILL SURVIVE OR NOT!? YOU ARE NOT GOD!” Soonyoung snapped.

 

“Soonyoung……?” This is literally the first time Jihoon had ever seen Soonyoung mad over something else other than Jihoon getting bullied. Obviously, Jihoon was surprised but he got the point.

 

“But—”

 

“So, that’s why you jumped!??”

 

Dino’s eyes widened in shocked when Soonyoung mentioned about it. A memory of him accidentally jumping from the hospital building flashed on his mind.

 

“Doctor! The patient went berserk!”

 

“Chan! Please calm down! Stay away from the window! It’s dangerous!”

 

“NO! Don’t come near me!!”

 

“Soonyoung is dead on the crash!”

 

“NO! He was murdered!! I heard their voices!!”

 

“Chan…! Don’t do this to dad!”

 

“You jumped because you thought I would regret because I saved you that day!?” Soonyoung yanked his collar now.

 

“…No… I don’t intend to jump…!” Dino agitated.

 

“THEN WHY YOU JUMPED!?”

 

“I…I…I just can’t accept the fact that you are dead because of me…… I…I don’t know…!! When I open my eyes, I’m ended up here…… I don’t jump…!!”

 

“YOU KNOW HOW TERRIFIED IT IS SEEING YOUR FRIEND DIED RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR OWN EYES…!? I just want to say one last goodbye to my friends at the hospital but I found you jumped right in front of me instead…? YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I WANT TO GET RID OF THOSE MEMORIES…!?” Tears started to roll down Soonyoung’s cheek.

 

They widened their eyes in shocked after hearing Soonyoung’s confession. Apparently, Dino was not dead due to the crash but fell from the hospital building.

 

“…You were there……?”

 

“…Soonyoung…! I’m sorry……I—”

 

“Dino doesn’t jump, Soonyoung. He just slipped and fell. I was there too for a visit…” Seungcheol who watched their quarrelling through Mingyu’s video camera finally stepped in.

 

“Seungcheol…?”

 

“He himself probably didn’t know either because of his unstable state of mind that time so that’s why he ended up here as he keeps blaming himself for wasting the life that you spare for him. I might not experience it from your point of view but I know it is not a good sight, seeing a body, your friend on top of that, fell from the building right in front of you.”

 

“…I’m sorry…that you have to witness it…” Dino sobbed.    

 

Soonyoung gently pulled Dino into a hug, rubbing a circle on his back. “There’s nothing to apologize, Dino. Nobody’s at fault. Like I say, we are not God. This is beyond our power. But I’m glad to know that you didn’t jump in willingly.” He softened into a smile.

 

“…Soonyoung…!!” Dino cried out loud on Soonyoung’s shoulder. “…Thank you…!”

 

Wonwoo softened into a smile. He turned to glassy eyes Mingyu shortly. “Thanks for your clumsiness of leaving the camera behind, we were able to sort out everything.”

 

Mingyu shook his head. “It’s thanks to you who protected this camera with your life that we are able to solve everything.”

 

“But still, care to explain why my pictures are inside there?” Even though he knows the answer, Wonwoo just can’t slide it off until he hears it from Mingyu, himself.

 

Mingyu flinched and blushed. “I…” he fidgeted his fingers, looking at Seungcheol then Jihoon. They just nodded, signalling him to proceed.

 

“It’s because I adore you a lot, Jeon Wonwoo!” Mingyu finally confessed blatantly even though the said guy is invisible to him with eyes. He solely depended on the camera and Jihoon. His face currently flushed in bright red.

 

“I’m sorry but a dead guy can’t return your feeling.” Wonwoo said bluntly.

 

“I-I will wait!” Mingyu exclaimed.

 

“Wait for?”

 

“I’ll wait for you! I’m sure we will meet again! At least, for the next life!”

     

Wonwoo’s lips curved into a smile. “Then, I will give you the answer when that time comes.”

 

Mingyu’s face brightened. He neither got rejected nor accepted but still the words from Wonwoo are enough to cheer him up.

 

“Jihoon.” Soonyoung called him gently after parted hugs with Dino.

 

“I guess this is a goodbye.”

 

A goodbye word from Soonyoung pierced Jihoon’s heart, making a tear escaped from his eye. “Soonyoung…”

 

Soonyoung wiped the tear with his thumb and caressed the shorter’s cheek. “Don’t cry, Jihoonie…”

 

“…Thank you for everything… The times we were together… I will never forget it even for my next life…! I promise I won’t enjoy everything alone again… I promise I will open up with others…!”

 

“I’m glad to hear that…”

 

“Soonyoung… I don’t want you to go…… You are the best thing that ever happened in my life……!” Jihoon finally sobbed.

 

“…idiot…! You are making it hard for me to go……!” Soonyoung also can’t help but shed tears too. Therefore, he pulled Jihoon into his embrace.

 

“The next time when we meet again, I won’t let you go anymore…!” Jihoon muttered and only to receive a sneer from Soonyoung.

 

“Idiot… You are not a God…”

 

“Seungcheol,” Dino called the raven haired.

 

“Yes?” Seungcheol who realized Dino’s calling him through the video replied.

 

“Please tell my dad that I love him. He’s the best dad I’ve ever had.”

 

Seungcheol softened into a smile. “Sure. I will tell him later as well lodge a police report regarding those guys.”

 

Dino softened into a smile. “Thank you, Seungcheol.”

 

“Seungcheol, Mingyu. I know you guys can hear me. Thanks for everything you have done to us. Please take care of Jihoon. It’s my last wish.” Soonyoung said with a slight bow as well pleading to them.

 

“S-Soonyoung!” Jihoon hissed with bright red face.

 

Seungcheol and Mingyu exchanged looks and then softened into a smile.

 

“Sure. You have our words.”

 

“Thanks a lot, guys…”

 

“Farewell…”

 

Slowly, the trio faded away before completely disappeared from the other trio’s sight.

 

Have a safe journey… Goodbye, Soonyoung. I hope to meet you soon. Jihoon wiped his tears and smiled.