The Restart Trip

I Hate School Trip

A/N: Hello! I'm back with the newest chapter! Sorry for the delay. I'm currently writing the other SoonHoon fanfiction. Thanks for subscribing and commenting! I hope you guys enjoy~ :DD

 

I am Lee Jihoon. I hate school trip. Previously I hate it because I don’t want to socialize with people but now I hate it because I have lost my friends during that school trip. The bus we boarded ran into a truck and made it lost its balance and finally hit the divider. Everyone else were killed except me and Mingyu, a guy from class 2E who hitched our bus because he missed his. After the tragedy, I have an ability to see ghost or more accurately my friends’ ghost. While the rest of my classmates already move on to the other world, some of them can’t. They still have an unfinished business here… That’s what I heard from one of them.

 

“What!? Are you saying that our friends possessing me!?” Seungcheol gasped in disbelief upon hearing it.

 

“Yeah. Yesterday, Wonwoo possessed you and you are right Mingyu. Minghao’s possessing Seungcheol previously to tease you.” Jihoon finally spilled the truth.

 

“See! I’ve told you! I know that guy very well! Haish!” Mingyu’s finally contented. Later he caught Jihoon’s first sentence a bit shocking. “Wait! Wonwoo too??”

 

“But how did you know?” Seungcheol furrowed his eyebrows in doubt. He doesn’t know Jihoon’s ability. I mean, he heard a rumor about Jihoon always talking alone but he didn’t know Jihoon actually converse with ghosts?

 

“I can see and converse with them. I think after the incident, I’m blessed with that gift. Maybe to help them since they still have an unfinished business here…?” Jihoon stated unsure.

 

They turned silent upon hearing it. It’s bitter but it’s the truth. Their friends already dead. They can’t neither deny the fact nor accuse Jihoon for assuming. The fact that their friends can’t move on make sense or else they won’t be bounded with this world anymore…

 

“I’m going to help them. I know I’m gifted for a reason.” Jihoon said firmly even though he knew by doing this he will lose Soonyoung forever but he can’t be selfish. He needs to learn accepting the fact that both of them are living in two different worlds now. He has to help Soonyoung and others regardless is what he thought.

 

“I will help too.” Seungcheol uttered, agreeing. “Maybe while possessing me, it will help them to move on somehow. They are my friends too!” he said excitedly with a smile. He easily forgot the hard times his friends gave him previously.

 

“Seungcheol…” Jihoon’s somewhat respected the raven haired. While everyone always avoided him, Seungcheol on the other hand always protects Jihoon and smiles at him. It’s just heart-warming when he thinks about it…

 

“Me too. Maybe this camera’s returned to me for a reason. I will help out you guys.” Mingyu said in determination.

 

Jihoon smiled and nodded firmly. “Yeah. Let’s help them.”

 

“But where should we start?” Mingyu tilted his head, in confusion.

 

There was a long silence until someone broke it.

 

“Me.” Seungcheol uttered out of blue. His tone’s rather different… Looks like someone’s entering his body now!

 

“Jeonghan…?” Jihoon’s jumped in surprise when he saw the long haired inside Seungcheol.

 

Instead of flinching, Mingyu lifted his camera and snapped a photo upon hearing it. He finally jolted his eyes in surprise when he reviewed it. “Woah… he’s being possessed for real…” It’s clearly a photo of Jeonghan and not Seungcheol even though he snapped Seungcheol’s.

 

“W-What do you want us to help you with…?” Jihoon asked with a slight doubt. He knows Jeonghan. Jeonghan was a bully. He even used to bully Jihoon once but luckily Seungcheol made him stopped. They actually kept it secret from Soonyoung because Jeonghan and Soonyoung were friends. He doesn’t want to destroy their friendships as long as Jeonghan didn’t bother him anymore. But what exactly Jeonghan wants? Was his last wish related to bully? He wants to bully people for one last time? No, no, no. He can’t do that…

 

“Will you help me? I’ve bullied you once though.” Jeonghan smirked cheekily. “Or perhaps are you doing this to get rid of me faster?”

 

“Hey, Jihoon is not that low.” Mingyu was the one who snapped.

 

“I’m doing this because you are Soonyoung’s friend.” Jihoon replied coldly which startled both Mingyu and Jeonghan.

 

Jeonghan smirked mischievously. “Soonyoung’s? Not yours? I see. You still won’t forgive me then. I understand.”

 

Jihoon remained silent. The memories strike back.

 

Jihoon’s things were scattered around. His locker was completely in mess.

 

“Ah, Jihoonie~ what happened to your locker?” Jeonghan chuckled when walked passed him.

 

“Nothing. Just messy.” Jihoon replied, indifferent.

 

“Oh really~~ want me to help?”

 

“Thanks but no thanks.” Jihoon slammed his locker. He’s glaring at Jeonghan before proceeded to his seat.

 

“If glares can kill, I’m surely dead~” Jeonghan scoffed.

 

 

“Stop harassing Jihoon. He’s not like the others.”

 

“I’m just teasing him, Cheol~”

 

“No. You are not. You are ruining his life. If you keep disturbing him, I won’t hesitate to report you even if you are my friend.”

 

“Scary~ you are really scary when you are mad, Seungcheol~ okay then. I will apologize and get along with him during the school trip. I won’t disturb him anymore after that. Is it okay with you?”

 

“You better keep your words.”

 

The next day, Jihoon’s locker was even messier than yesterday. The worst part, his notebook went missing. Seungcheol who just arrived was shocked to see that. (At that time, nobody’s there yet.) As he was about to leave and meet the culprit, Jihoon stopped him by grabbing his wrist.

 

“Seungcheol, no. Let it be. I don’t want Soonyoung to know. They are friends.”

 

“So you knew it was him?!” Seungcheol asked in disbelief.

 

Jihoon remained silent. “I overheard your conversation yesterday.” He broke the silent after a few minutes.

 

“No. I will talk to him--”

 

“No. Please don’t. I’m begging you.” Jihoon looked down at the ground while tugging Seungcheol’s shirt. A Lee Jihoon to plead to someone is so unlikely unless it’s something dearest to him. He must be really serious to keep this matter just for themselves.

 

Seungcheol sighed. “I understand. But it doesn’t mean I will keep quiet!”

 

“I will help you regardless.” Jihoon uttered firmly.

 

Jihoon’s determination made Jeonghan chuckled. He stood up and approached the pink head and eventually hugged him. “I’m sorry, Jihoonie. I didn’t mean anything bad. I just want to befriend with you. But you are bad, keep avoiding us except Soonyoung.” he whispered.

 

Jihoon’s totally surprised. He wants to befriend with me? He didn’t expect this kind of reason though!

 

But the cafeteria is whole different story. They are utterly shocked watching an afternoon drama staring the captain of track and field club and the first in grade introvert! (From their point of view, it’s Seungcheol who hugged Jihoon)

 

“Omo…!!” They covered their mouth. Some are squealing.

 

“Yah! What do you think you are doing?” Mingyu intervened by standing in the middle. He flustered for an unknown reason. Jealous? Nah~~ “People are staring!” He hissed softly. Jihoon on the other hand was speechless right from Jeonghan’s get go.

 

Jeonghan finally surrendered. “Yes, yes~ I will tell you my wish from now.” He returned to his seat and so does Jihoon.

 

“Finally?” Mingyu mocked. He sounded a bit annoyed? *Shrugs*

 

“Actually, I want you guys to help me buy souvenir for my little sister. I promised her I will buy her during the trip but it ended up this way though. Even up until now, she’s still waiting for me to return with a souvenir. She can’t accept it…”

 

Jihoon disheartened upon hearing it. He understands her very well. It’s hard to accept the truth. Waiting for someone that won’t be back… Can’t blame her either…

 

“Wait! You want us to go there just to buy a souvenir and come back?” Mingyu double checked with disapproved look.

 

“That’s my unfinished business here. If you can’t help, then it’s okay. I won’t force you guys.” Jeonghan just shrugged his shoulders innocently.

 

“That’s not what I mean…” Mingyu felt slightly guilty for some reasons right after he said he wanted to help.

 

“I will help you.” Jihoon claimed firmly.

 

“But Jihoon, it’s quite far… and we have to overnight too.” Mingyu found the idea was slightly disturbing to him.

 

“Don’t worry Mingyu. This time we will ride a train. It’s okay if you don’t want to go.” Jihoon convinced him but Mingyu still uncertain.

 

Jeonghan softened into a smile. “Thanks. I will come back soon when you are done.” Therefore, he left Seungcheol’s body.

 

The raven haired finally knocked some sense. He blinked in confusion multiple of times while staring at Jihoon and Mingyu. “Did someone possess me…?” he asked worriedly.

 

“It’s Jeonghan. He asked our help. Are you up to it?” Jihoon cut it short and won’t bother to explain at all because he knows what Seungcheol’s answer would be.

 

“Of course!” Well, he won’t bother himself to ask for an explanation because it’s bothersome to him unlike Mingyu (or even himself). Jihoon just smiled at the raven haired’s naivety.

 

“I’m coming too!” Mingyu snapped which startled the other two.

 

“Yah! You don’t need to say it out loud! We are not deaf!” Seungcheol hissed.

 

“I thought you say it’s far…” Jihoon smirked mischievously.

 

Mingyu frowned. “I didn’t say I won’t go. Plus, there’s no way I’m leaving you to this no sense of direction guy.”

 

“Huh!? Yah! Who are you calling no sense of direction guy?” Seungcheol was upset hearing the insult thrown to him by Mingyu.

 

“Heh! Minghao told me that his captain always got lost when they are practicing outside the academy. It’s nobody other than you!” Mingyu smirked.

 

“What!??” Seungcheol could feel his cheek was heated up in frustration. Damn that kid! He cursed Minghao inwardly.

 

Jihoon rolled his eyes and walked away, ignoring the two of them.

 

“Jihoon!? Where are you going?”

 

“If you want to bicker, go ahead. I’m heading to class first.” Jihoon said, indifferent.

 

“W-Wait! Jihoon!!” They quickly chased after the pink head.

 

“Looks like you have to share Jihoon from now.” Wonwoo teased Soonyoung. They were there, watching the trio from afar.

 

Soonyoung chuckled. “Look who’s talking~ the photographer is a hot stuff recently. Even my Jihoonie is hooked with him. I’m impressed.”

 

Wonwoo snorted. “You sound jealous.”

 

“Says someone who can’t move on until a certain photographer confesses to him.” Soonyoung scoffed. Wonwoo can’t help but grinned at the statement and so do Soonyoung. They have been friends since primary school (a slight later than Jihoon). That’s why they know each other the best.

 

 

TRAIN STATION

 

“Woah… so crowded…!” Mingyu commented as they arrived at the train station.

 

The trio decided to begin their journey on weekend since that’s the only available days to go for a trip.

 

“We should board a bus.” Seungcheol sighed in frustration.

 

“No way! I’m traumatized! You don’t know how long it takes to overcome that trauma! We’d rather walk right, Jihoon?”

 

The pink head remained silent and dozed off.

 

“Jihoon? Are you okay?” They asked in concern while waving their hands in front of Jihoon.

 

Jihoon snapped back into reality, dumbfounded. “Did you say something?”

 

“If you don’t want to go, you don’t have to force yourself, you know…” Seungcheol said in concern tone while patting Jihoon’s shoulder.

 

Jihoon shook his head. “That’s not what I’m thinking. I just…” he looked down to his shoes with a slight blush while playing with the hem of his shirt. “…This is my first time going out with people other than Soonyoung without Soonyoung… and people are staring hard since you guys are too eye-gazing. Can’t you do something about your striking appearance…?”

 

Seungcheol and Mingyu were awestruck. They are dead inside as thousands of knives keep stabbing them continuously. Aigoo!!! Cute!! How can he be this cute??? More importantly how did he manages to hide this cuteness all this while!? They squealed inwardly.

 

“Hey, did you hear me?” Jihoon frowned while waving his small hands in front of them but no response from them. Jihoon sighed.

 

“Ignore them and let’s go now, Jihoon.” Minghao who’s now possessing Seungcheol grabbed Jihoon’s hand and dragged him away into the train.

 

“M-Minghao?!”

 

“AH! That’s not fair, Seungcheol!!” Mingyu who finally knocked some sense yelped at Seungcheol for taking a false start. (A/N: False start for? What are you talking about Mingyu-sshi?)

 

Seungcheol is sitting next to Jihoon while Mingyu sits opposites to Jihoon. A seat next to Mingyu is left empty. Not exactly empty to be honest. Minghao’s sitting there but Jihoon just turned a blind eye.

 

“Jihoon, I have goosebumps. Did one of our friends here?” Mingyu imitated a shivering person.

 

“I don’t think so.” Jihoon said, indifferent. Seungcheol was long off to his wonderland since they settled down in the train.

 

Mingyu sighed. “Is that so? I thought Minghao’s here. I totally can feel his presence but if you say so, it must be my imagination.” Minghao flinched in surprise upon hearing it from Mingyu. Now Jihoon has a slight doubt towards them.

 

“You guys are close, aren’t you?” Jihoon almost slapped himself on the face for being to nosy. But he can’t help himself. He’s slightly curious… Minghao looks like he wanted to hear it too.

 

Mingyu’s lips curved into smile. “You can say so even though we always bickering…”

 

“Oh…”

 

“He’s really a precious friend of mine. He always helped me out sincerely whenever I need it. He might be annoying sometimes but I can’t dislike or hate him. I’m so grateful for having a friend like him. Really.” Mingyu said earnestly which made Minghao slightly blushed.

 

He absolutely didn’t expect that. Jihoon softened into a smile.

 

“But… I don’t know why he still bounds to this world like you say before. I really wish I can help him out…”

 

Jihoon turned to Minghao but the red haired remained silent and looked the outside scenery, pretended like he didn’t hear them.

 

“That’s because you are too clumsy. Minghao is worried sick to leave you alone.” A voice next to Jihoon echoed but it’s not Seungcheol’s which notified by Jihoon and Minghao. Surprisingly, it’s Wonwoo out of people.

 

“Pfft!” Mingyu burst out laughing. Everyone nearby gave him an irritated look.

 

“Why are you laughing?” Jihoon asked curiously.

 

“What? Minghao is worried sick to leave me alone? Pfft! Seungcheol, did Minghao tell you that?” Mingyu asked, still with laughter.

 

The so-called Seungcheol just stared at Mingyu, indifferent which halted Mingyu’s laughter.

 

“Wait a minute.” Mingyu drew closer to Seungcheol. “You are not Seungcheol, aren’t you?” he squinted his eyes. “I remember those stares.”

 

Minghao and Jihoon were surprised that Mingyu can figure it out someone’s inside Seungcheol’s body.

 

“You are Wonwoo, aren’t you?” Mingyu guessed with a slight confidence.

 

There was a long silence.

 

“Hey, you are Wonwoo--”

 

“So what if I’m Wonwoo, you stalker!” Wonwoo exclaimed.

 

Mingyu gasped in surprise and his eyes widened. He’s extremely shocked!

 

“Wonwoo… Y-You…” Mingyu stammered. “Is it really you…?”

 

“Why? Wonwoo that you used to know was a bookworm and preserved?”

 

“No… It’s just…” Mingyu’s lips curved into a smile. He then grinned like an idiot. “I… I’m speechless. Y-You actually talk to me!”

 

Jihoon realized that Minghao was no longer there when Wonwoo acknowledged himself. He looked around for the red head and spotted him walked away without any words. Jihoon tried to catch him up but Wonwoo grabbed his wrist beforehand. Jihoon then furrowed his eyebrow and stared at Wonwoo, as well asking for an explanation but Wonwoo on the other hand just shook his head slightly as a reply.

 

“You will make it even harder for him.”

 

“Who?” Mingyu retorted innocently. They just exchanging stares.

 

“Nobody, Mingyu.” Jihoon replied.

 

“Ah… have we reached our destination yet?” Seungcheol yawned while rubbing his sleepy eyes.

 

“Ah! I still haven’t done with Wonwoo! Call him back!” Mingyu exclaimed.

 

"What the heck?" Seungcheol snapped.