hearts in sync

Goodbye My Love

“Hello ms. moon, you finally came! I haven’t seen you for awhile.” Byul walked toward her boss looking around seeing men surrounding her. “Why haven’t you been answering my calls? Have you been ignoring me. The boss spoke sarcastically. Byul drastically put her head down.

 

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to it’s just that I had to take care of some things.” Looking at the ground. “Was it more important than doing what I told you!” Byul raised her head looking straight into the cold hearted eyes. “You already knows what happens when you disobey me.” He waved his hand as a signal to the men to beat her up.

 

The men one by one punched her in the stomach, another grabbing a stick swinging it against her body. Blood started to drip like rain drops falling through the sky. Byul knew she was done for, left for dead. The boss told two of his men to hold her up.

 

“The sad thing is I liked you, you always got the job done. This is just a lesson remember that. You’re lucky my daughter even likes you, if not you would have been dead.” The man pulling a weapon out of his pocket, sharpening the object.

 

He jabbed it into the woman's abdomen, only hearing a sound of a breath being taken away. She girl grasped on to the man's shoulder right before her boss pulled the knife back out. Byul gasped for air letting go of the old man.

 

“Don’t forget, we have a dinner meeting at 5p.m. sharp on friday. You better be there.” The man grinned looking at the girl helplessly. He walked out of the warehouse getting into his car driving off. All his men following behind him.

-----

 

Byul held onto her stomach snatching the keys from hwasa. She got in the car in tremendous amount of pain, she couldn’t go home because she left her house keys at solars house. The only thing she could do was get to solar’s house quietly stitching herself up. “Solar should be sleeping by now, so it’ll be safe.”

 

Opening the door with the spare key solar gave her walking in the house searching for her house keys “Byul is that you?” The older girl was still awake waiting for her. Byul straightened her body standing up straight holding her wound covering it with her jacket. “Why aren’t you sleeping yet…” Acting was really hard. She tried to flick her bangs to the side of her wound.

 

“Yah! Did something happen you have a scar on your head.” Most of the wounds were on byul’s body hidden underneath her jacket. Her boss didn’t like abusing the face. He needed his people to look professional. “I accidentally dropped a box on my face, no worries. I have to go now.” Byul turned around trying to get out of that place. Solar grabbed her arm pulling byul towards her. She moaned gasping for air.

 

“Byul! What happened! We need to go to the  hospital!” She saw the blood on byul's hand, seeing the wound on her stomach leaking blood on the floor. The younger girl threw her hands off of her trying to walk out of the door. Solar ran and grabbed the stubborn girl’s hand pulling her to the bed.

 

“Stay still!” The girl yelling directing byul to stay. She ran to the bathroom to get the aid kit to treat the wound. She took out gauze and alcohol and some string and needle to stitch up her wounds.

 

She got the alcohol pouring it on her wound. As she poured it byul screamed as if she came back from the dead. Felt like 10x worse than stepping on a lego. “k!! That hurt!” Byul grabbed a cloth and bit onto it.

 

“All right be still this might hurt since we have no anesthetics.” My hands were shaking uncontrollably. She took some aid classes but this was the first time she was doing it on a person. As she put the first stitch on byul screamed in pain. “All right only 5 more stitches.” Byul's eyes lit up knowing it was going to be 5 more daggers through her heart.

 

As they finished solar put some iodine on her wound and put some gauze and tape to compress the wound. Luckily it didn’t puncture any of her organs. She turned around looking at the wounded girl on her bed. “I won’t asked what happened, when you’re ready you can tell me.”

 

Byul fell asleep leaving the older girl to take care of her. Solar was beside byul taking care of her. She had a slight fever, solar handled it well she got a wet cloth and put it on her forehead cooling her down. Looking over byul, caressing her soft cheeks, lowering her head on her chest listening to her heartbeat.

-------

 

*Flashback*

 

“Ayah!! Yeba all these years and you still don’t know how to ride a bike. You pretty fool! You’re too cute!” Byul shouted laughing at the 17 yr old not knowing how to ride a bike. Grabbing the bike letting solar get on the bike, she pushed solar as a start.

 

“Byul! I am doing it! Do you see me! I look so cool!” The cute girl said wondering if byul saw her. Losing control of the bike she got scared and started to swerve. “Solar watch out!” Byul ran as fast as possible trying to catch up to her. “Turn! Turn!” yelling at the fool to turn her bike away from the tree. “Aish Yeba!” She ran catching up to the fool pulling her off the bike just in time before hitting the tree.

 

Solar and Byul fell landing on the ground. Solar ended the fall lying on byul's chest listening to her heartbeat. She could hear the heartbeat beating faster than ever. “Yeba are you okay!” The older girl mumbled “Yes” to byul pulling away from her chest. Byul pulled her back down to lay on her chest.

 

“Just stay like this for a little bit. Do you hear my heart beating yongsun.” Solar stayed still nodding listening to her heart beat. “That’s how much my heart beats just for you.” The older girl blushed punching moonbyul in the stomach. “You’re so greasy byul! It’s weird!” Laughing getting up to stand on her two feet, brushing the dirt off her clothes. Byul got up following her.

 

She pulled solar in for a hug. “Listen to our heart beat. They say that if it beats at the same pace, we’re destined for each other.” Yeba stood silent hearing their heartbeat in sync. The younger girl pulled solar in tighter snuggling her in her arm for the moment.

 

Suddenly byul threw her out of her arms laughing ruining the moment. Both were embarrassed, by rubbing her neck. Byul headlocked solar making it less awkward between them. “Why are you doing this to me!” She elbowed her in the stomach “Got you!” SOlar teased running away from her. Byul stood up rubbing her tummy. “You’re going to pay for this kim yongsun!”

------

 

A sudden touch on her palm startled her. She raised her head, face to face with byul. Her heart skipped a beat looking deep into her eyes. Yongsun tried to pull away, while byul pulled her closer. “Stay still. Just stay like this for a little bit.” The girl followed her orders not even flinching.

 

“I missed you so much yongsun. I never hated you one single bit since you left me. I was happy that you did.” The emotions started to overwhelm the two of them. “But. I think it’s time we forget about our past and each other. We don’t click together. Fate doesn’t want us together, so I think this is the last time we should see each other… Our hearts just aren’t in sync anymore.”

 

Tears started to flow out of their eyes. Byul lifted up yongsun face looking at her tears. “Don;t cry yeba.” She joked trying to hold back her tears. She caressed her chubby cheeks wiping her tears off with her thumb. “I don’t want to forget you.” Solar backed away wiping her tears.

 

“You have too. I want you to just listen to me it’s best for the both of us.” Byul sat up slowly pulling solar close while she leans in. “Thank you for your hospitality today. Since I never gave you your first kiss, i’ll give you your last kiss.” The younger girl caressed both of her cheeks pulling her head close to her lips. She kissed her forehead whispering “Goodbye Solar. You will always be my first love.” Byul pulled away getting up slowly off the bed, leaving her love speechless on the bed.

 

She opened the door, grabbed her keys limping due to the pain in her abdomen. She grabbed her keys and started to drive home. When she got in the car her emotions were being poured out, never crying this hard before. Hitting her steering wheel for her stupidness. Haru Haru suddenly came on bringing more sadness.

 

Always be happy with him

I will never have a different way of thinking

Even the littlest regret will never be forgotten

Please, live well, even if I'm jealous

 

You'll always have to be like this bright sky

Like this white cloud

You'll always have to smile as if nothing happened

 

Don't look behind you and leave

Don't find me again and live

Because I keep no regrets from loving you

Remind only of nice memories

Somehow I can get through this

Somehow I can get back on my feet

You should be happy if you live like this

Day by day I become dull

 

I hope your heart is relieved

Please, forget me and live

Those tears will completely dry

Day will pass

It'd hurt less if we never had met

I hope you'll bury this promise we made to stay together forever baby

I pray for you

---------

 

*Knock Knock*

 

“Solar? Where are you?” Wheein said. Solar quickly wiped her tears as wheein came in. “Why are you come home so early? I thought you were coming back on sunday?” Wheein shook her head disregarding what solar said. Wheein brought her luggage in, bringing it in the room.

 

“I was going to stay till sunday, but I heard about what happened to you and took the quickest plane flight home.” When she looked closely at her face, she noticed that her fiance’s eyes were red. “What’s wrong solar? Why are you crying, did something happen?” Puppy came in sitting on the bed caressing her fiance’s face grasping her hand. “Tell me, but if you don’t want to then it’s okay.”


Solar wiped her tears not wanting to speak. “No, i’m fine. I want to go to sleep, i’m sorry I didn’t cook anything for you I didn’t know you were coming home so early.” Wheein patted her lovers head giving a hug other. “By the way where is byul?” Solar shrugged her shoulders lying on the bed closing her eyes. “Oh… okay. Well then goodnight my love.” She kissed her forehead tucking her in.