funday

Goodbye My Love

Solar woke up to her clock ringing loudly vibrating through the walls. She rolled off the bed with a big headache, she was very dizzy from last night. She told herself that she shouldn’t have drank that much. She needed some food so she walked down the stairs holding the rail just in case she fell. When she got down she heard small clatter noises coming from the kitchen.

 

“Good morning Solar. How do you feel? Your head must hurt, I cooked you some hangover soup, come on sit down and eat.”

 

As solar sat down byul was still setting up the table for them to eat. While they were eating, Byul’s phone rang, and  politely left and went outside. She paced back and forth for the longest time before coming in. When she walked back in she quickly sat and started to eat.

 

“Solar is there anywhere you want to go today?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

She replied in a low soft voice.

 

“Come on don’t be shy just tell me.”

 

“Hhmm. she nodded. I want to go to the beach.”

 

“Okay call, let’s go.”

 

Byul packed some blankets and some food for the road. On the other hand Solar dressed in black with a cap and sunglasses. Byul opened the door for solar, then closed the door. She ran over to her side getting in the car she started the engine and pulled toward the road. 2 had passed and they arrived on the beach.

 

“We’re here! Come on get out of the car. I’m pretty sure no one will notice you, there’s nobody here.”

 

“But… what if they see me?”

 

“It’s okay, I think if you wore those sunglasses and all that black stuff, I think it would be more obvious.”

 

Solar took off her extra coverage she had on. She got out of the car running toward the beach, she screamed out her stress. Byul stood and watched from afar. Solar ran up to her pulling her up running toward the water. They started to push each other into the water. Byul pushed Solar into the water laughing, but this time she didn’t get up.

 

Solar sat there covering her face.

 

“Solar are you okay? Are you hurt anywhere?”

 

Byul picked her up and put her on her back running toward the car. Solar started laughing telling her it was just a prank.

 

“Byul you’re easy to fool.”

 

“Yah! I thought you were really hurt! You don’t deserve my back”

 

Byul sarcastically said.

 

“Yeah I am hurt. My heart hurts byul. I’m joking, but I think you can put me down now.”

 

Byul let go of Solar and dropped her on the ground. Byul stated that they should head back home now since it was getting dark. As Byul was driving, she was starving. She pulled up to the night market to get something good to eat.

 

Byul opened the door for solar and told her to get out. They walked about 10 minutes to find a decent place to eat. They found the best vendor and bought some dukbokki, fish cakes, and some hotteoks. It was really satisfying since they didn’t eat the whole day.  Byul stopped and looked over her shoulder.

 

“Solar, come on let's take some pictures.”

 

Byul grabbed solar by the arm and dragged her in the photobooth. They both smiled and did multiple poses for the pictures. As they were done they both went out to look at the printed pictures, Solar tore them in half, each of them keeping one. Byul looked at her picture and put it in her wallet.

 

“Wahh! I took a picture with a celebrity.”

 

“I know so take all the pictures you want with me before, I won’t be this considerate anymore.”

 

They both looked at each other smiling, messing around with another. They left the photo booth and started walking back to the car. When they were walking byul noticed that solar was cold. She walked towards an elderly woman who sold knitted sweaters and gloves.

 

“Halmoni, how much are these?”

 

“$10 for the sweater and $6 for the gloves.”

 

“I’ll take both of them.”

Byul handed the money to the old lady.

 

“Are you two a couple?”

 

The old lady asked while preparing the clothes. Byul and Solar looked at each other shockingly.

 

“No! No! Halmoni she’s my friend.”

 

“Really? You look really good together though.”

 

They all laughed together.

 

“I usually don’t do this but, I put a matching couple outfit in the bag just incase you guys become one.”

 

The old lady said slyly. Byul and solar thanked the old lady for her kindness. Byul gave the bag to Solar.

 

“I guess you could accept this as a late engagement gift for both of you.”

 

“Thank you byul, but you take the gloves your hands must be cold. We still have a long walk, here wear them.”

 

Byul took them and wore them. She felt awkward wearing them since they were couple gloves. While they were walking, people started to whisper around them. They could feel everyone’s eyes staring and talking about them.

 

“Solar? Is that Solar? I think it is her, it has to be her. They look exactly the same.

 

Solar pushed her cap down to try to cover her face, she put her sunglasses back on covering her eyes hoping they wouldn’t recognize her. Byul didn’t know what to do, she took off the gloves to prevent any scandals. She raised up her turtleneck to cover her face just enough from people guessing her identity. They tried walking faster before a crowd would erupt.

 

“It is! It is her! Solar!! Solar!!”

 

A crowd instantly gathered around them taking out their cell phones taking pictures of her. Some even took pictures of both of them wondering who the other chick was. Their camera flashes were blinding byul, she couldn’t see and paused, but the crowd suddenly grew and pushed byul out of the way.

 

Byul was now out of the crowd, but right when she regained her sight she noticed Solar wasn’t by her side anymore. She needed to hurry up and rush toward her before anything dangerous happens to Solar.

 

As solar looked to her side she noticed byul wasn’t by her anymore. She tried to look over the crowed to see if she could see her but the crowd was just too big too see anything since she was short. She panicked and reached for her phone but she remembered she left it at home to avoid all phone calls. She felt dizzy with all the flashes it was all too much for her to handle.

 

She felt a hand grab her hand pulling her out of the crowd. Bodyguards it looked like pushed the crowd aside making a pathway. As the pathway got wider she noticed it was byul holding her hand. The bodyguards followed them all the way to their car. Byul closed the door and stood outside talking to some men.

--

 

As byul was frustrated being unable to get solar out of the crowd, she called the first person that came to mind. Her assistant Hwasa. She dialed her number telling her she needed her men that were closeby to come right now. The men showed up no later than 10 minutes later, byul directed them to the crowd to make a pathway. Byul could barely see solar through the crowd but managed to grab her hand, her men made a big difference getting solar to safety.

 

As byul and solar hurriedly rushed to the car byul put solar in the car and closed the door. Before she got in the car she greeted the men thanking them, but they stopped her before she left.

 

“Ms. Moon, Hwasa told us to give you a message, Mr. Chul has something for you to do tonight. It’s urgent.”

 

Byul nodded and proceeded to go get in the car driving off.

 

“Are you okay Solar? Do you need to go to the hospital you look a little pale.”

 

“No, i’m okay, but byul who are they? How did you get them to come here to quickly?”

 

“It’s a secret, let’s just say they work for me, kinda.”

 

Byul smiled at solar, but solar knew something was a little off.

 

“Solar, let’s just keep what happened to us today a secret from wheein till she comes back. She’s going to rush home if she finds out, I think she might kill me for getting you in danger. I’m sorry I brought you there.”

 

“It’s okay byul, I had a fun time. It made me feel free for a little bit away from all the cameras kind of.”

Byul grinned. When they arrived home byul dropped off Solar in front of her house.

 

“Aren’t you coming in too?”

 

“No, I have some business to do.”

 

“Byul, but it’s night time, why don’t you do it tomorrow.”

 

“What can I do. I’m a celebrity they need me. I’ll see you tomorrow morning.”

 

Byul jokingly said to solar. Byul drove off driving as quickly as possible. When byul arrived to the warehouse she greeted Hwasa who was there to assist.

 

“Ms. Moon they are waiting for you inside.”