monday

Goodbye My Love

 

Byul turned around and looked into solars eyes as she began to tear up. Byul got on her knees telling solar she's sorry.

 

“Solar don’t forgive me. I’m sorry. I’m sorry for killing your father. Solar i’m sorry. I’m worthless. I’m sorry Solar, I didn’t mean to kill him.”

 

“Byul it’s okay, you were just trying to protect me. So, get up okay. Let’s forget the past, promise me.”

 

Byul looked at solar. She thought how could she be so chill about the fact she killed her father. Solars heart sunk when byul hugged her out of nowhere.

 

“Don’t move. Solar, I am really sorry, but no matter how much I say sorry. It will never be enough to undo what I did. I really don’t want you to forgive me. No matter how much I think about it, all I can say is i’m sorry. I feel I don’t have a right to speak to you. I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart.”

 

Byul pulled away wiping solar’s tears telling her not to cry. Byul left shortly after. Solar couldn’t hold her tears back. She watched byul get in the car and waved goodbye.

 

--

 

“Annyeong Ms. Moon. You’re late for our meeting. I’ll let it slide this time, we have business to talk about.”

 

Byul bowed as she entered. She was seated and given a few drinks. They talked for hours discussing their business and what they were going to do.

 

“Goodbye Ms. Moon, you’re one of my best men. Even though you’re a woman you’re better than all my men. Don’t dissapoint me, I brought you in practically saving you. Do your job right, good luck.”

 

Byul bowed and thanked her boss.

--

 

As byul walked out of the bar, she received a call.

 

“Byul i’m sorry about yesterday, I didn’t mean what I said. I’m sorry are we cool?”

 

Byul giggled.

 

“It’s okay. I forgive you.”

 

“Byul I have a favor to ask. Sorry i’ve been asking for a lot, but can you keep an eye on solar for this week. Please, she has had a busy schedule and I want her take a break. Please, just this one time, this will be my last favor.”

 

“Hmm… I don’t know. I don’t think it’ll be comfortable with just the two of us. I don’t think solar would like it either.”

 

“It’ll be fine. Please. I have to go on a business trip for a week. You’ll be fine. Please i’m begging you.”

 

Byul rubbed her neck thinking about the situation. She thought it’ll be awkward, but wheein needed help. She didn’t quite know what to say.

 

“Okay, okay wheein. I guess i’ll keep an eye on her. I mean i just have to hang out with her for a week.”

 

“Really! Thank you Byul!”

--

 

After talking to wheein, byul went straight home to pack her clothes and toothbrush. She kept telling herself that everything was going to be fine. She tried not to think too much about it, but she couldn’t get it off her mind. While byul kept contemplating, her phone went off.”

 

“Ahh… byul i’m sorry but can you pick solar up rite now, I forgot I promised her. Sorry. Bye.”

 

Byul was stressing about staying with solar but now she has to pick her up. That’s even worse.

--

 

Solar! Solar! SARANGHAE! Unnie look over here!

 

Fans were screaming solars name. Solar walked out smiling high-fiving her fans. As she walked out she didn’t see wheein car. She wondered where wheein was because she promised she’d pick her up. She texted wheein but she didn’t reply.

 

“Hwasa, do you know where we’re going. We look a little lost.”

 

“Unnie, don’t worry we’re here. Now open the door.”

 

Fans were still screaming as loud as possible. There were thousands of cameras flashing in her face. Byul went back in her car bring out her megaphone.

 

“Solar! Solar! Come here! I can’t see you, so come here! Please! Solar!”

 

Solar looked up and thought she heard her name. She walked toward the voice that kept calling her name.

 

“Solar! Get in. Come on there’s too much chaos. Let’s go.”

 

As solar got in she was a bit uncomfortable sitting in the backseat with byul. She didn’t have enough confidence to start a conversation. So they sat quietly through the whole ride. As they arrived to the house Solar got out of the car and thanked her. Byul started to bring out her luggage.

 

“Let’s go in together.”

 

Solar looked back at byul a bit puzzled.

 

“Wae? Sorry I didn’t mean to sound rude, it’s just that…”

 

“Wheein didn’t tell you? I’m staying over to take care of you. If you don’t feel comfortable i’ll just leave.”

 

“No, stay. Come on let's go inside.”

 

“Hwasa you can leave, just bring the car back tomorrow and leave it. See you soon, bye”

 

Solar and byul walked in the house. Solar told byul that she could put her bags in the guest room. She asked byul if she was hungry she would cook, but byul knew Solar couldn’t cook.

 

“Solar, i’ll cook, you go get cleaned up you had a long day. Food will be ready once you come back down.”

 

When solar came back down there was food prepared on the table. There was kimchi fried rice, bulgogi, and mango juice. She smiled in surprise of what byul could cook. Byul told her to hurry up and eat before her food got cold.

 

“Byul, are you not eating?”

 

“I am, i’ll eat over here.”

 

“Come eat with me. I don’t like it when I eat alone. Come on don’t be shy.”

 

Byul picked up her plates and moved them to the table. They ate in silence, the  atmosphere was quite uncomfortable. Solar choked on her food and accidentally her food flew into byul’s face.

 

“Ottoke? Sorry I didn’t mean for that to happen.”

 

Solar started to brush through byul's hair picking out the chewed up rice that was all over byul’s hair. Byul grabbed Solars hands and put them down. She started to brush out her own hair and started laughing about what had happened.

 

“Haha, it’s okay. I’ll just take a shower afterwards. Come on let's finish eating.”

 

After they finished eating solar started to wash the dishes thanking byul for cooking. On the other hand byul went to take a shower. After she got out she changed into her pajamas and headed back downstair to help solar. By the time she got downstair solar had just finished the dishes.

 

Solar went to the shelves trying to stack the dishes, but because of her short height she couldn’t reach. Byul came from behind her and stacked the dishes on the shelf. Suddenly the light turned off and thunder struck killing the electricity in the whole neighborhood.

 

Solar quickly turned around clung on to byul's waist. Byul looked down laughing at solar. She didn’t expect solar to be scared of thunderstorms. Byul decided to light up candles making it less dark. Byul asked if solar was going to let go of her now, solar instantly let go, but because of her fear of thunder she kept clinging onto byul’s waist.

 

“Solar I didn’t know you were this scared of thunder.”

 

She jokingly said. She stuck out her hand and gave it to solar to hold.

 

“Here hold on to my hand instead. It’ll be easier for us to walk.”

 

Solar slowly reached and held onto her hand.

 

“Thank you”

 

Byul asked solar if she wanted to drink and solar agreed.. Byul grabbed two can of beer from the fridge with a can of cola on the side for her. They sat by the fireplace drinking.

 

“Byul, can you tell me where you have been for 3 years?”

 

“No, it’s a secret.”

 

Byul jokingly said.

 

“Byul can we talk, i’m serious.”

 

Byul nodded taking a sip of beer.

 

“I didn’t get to apologize on my behalf. I shouldn’t have left you like that byul. It was wrong for me to leave you.”

 

“No… it was good that you left. Look you lived your life to the fullest. I’m really proud of you. If you stayed I would be holding you back.”

 

Solar started to tear up. She wiped her tears.

 

“I never got to tell you why I left you. I want to tell you.”

 

“No, I know already. Wheein told me, so I forgive you. And… please forgive yourself too. What happened that day wasn’t your fault, I did it on my own will. So, please let go of the past.”

 

Byul smiled looking up at solar.

 

“But, byul. Maybe if I didn’t leave things would have been different.”

 

“What would have been different?”

 

Solar stared deep into byul's eyes, she gulped down her beer.

 

“Us.”

 

Byul felt the emotions solar was feeling. She was unable to answer for a while looking at solar.

 

“No. I don’t think things would have been different. I think it was fate that things ended up that way. Now you’re getting married. I’m happy for you, so let’s be friends again.”

 

“But Byul! I know you planned to confess to me that day it happened. I saw it all, and I saw you on the day of my concert too! Do you still love me!”

 

Byul smiled at solar.

 

“No, come on you're drunk. I’ll take you to your room”

 

Byul grabbed solar and walked her back to her room tucking her in. Byul looked at solars face and wondered how much pain she had caused this woman.

 

“Goodnight Solar.”