everlasting + longing.

kaisoo tumblr drabbles.

[word count : 574] [post] [image]

“the usual bouquet, mister do? a dozen white roses with plenty of baby’s breath, wrapped in organic waxed white laced paper?”

kyungsoo, who was staring blankly out of the shop window, turned to face the smiley florist and gave her a quick nod, before turning back to stare at nothingness.

his empty thoughts casually traveled to a faraway place where his heart is most times, and he cannot help controlling his smile. he had never met anyone who made him so happy, so sad, so angry and so in love before, until he met jongin.

for the past two years, they have been apart due to the unexpected changes but every month, kyungsoo promised to visit and spend time together. they loved doing simple activities together because they were true believers that quality time spent was far more important than the quantity.

today, it also happened to be jongin’s day of birth, which means it was an extra special day. kyungsoo had planned a small picnic basket with all of jongin’s favourite food that he had cooked on his own since morning. his mum had offered help but kyungsoo was adamant to make everything with his own two hands.

“miss, could you add an additional white rose to the dozen, and also add some colourful tiny flowers to the bouquet? today is slightly special and i want it to be colourful.”

the florist smiled sweetly, acknowledging the special request and quickly added a few stalks to the bunch in her hands. kyungsoo glanced at his watch and felt a little anxious, because he wanted to start his drive early, so that he will have more time with his beloved.

ten minutes later, and with a lovely bouquet in his hands, he dashed across the street where his car was parked, and carefully laid the flowers on the passenger seat. without wasting any more time, he started his two hours journey.

the weather was perfect for a picnic, he thought to himself as he parked as close to where he wanted to be. the sun was hiding behind some clouds and the wind was blowing softly, rustling the leaves on the trees around him.

he carefully reached for the bouquet and then the small picnic basket, which he placed on the floorboard of the passenger side to ensure nothing he packed will spill out of their packaging.

when he arrived at the his favourite spot, he placed the basket carefully on the ground, with the bouquet on top of it while he spread a plaid blanket beside it. he took off this shoes and pushed them aside, and then held the bouquet of flowers close to his nose as he inhaled the freshness scent of the beautiful flowers.

“jongin-ah, i requested for a special bouquet for you today because it is your date of birth, and i wanted to celebrate your colourful personality. thank you for adding colours to my monochrome life. here, smell them, they are fresh and they remind me of you. i also made some of your favourite food. i missed you so much, jongin. it has been two years since you left, but i don’t think i will ever stop missing you.”

as he placed the bouquet right at jongin’s final resting place, he felt his body jerked and trembled as he hid his face in the palms of his hands, letting out soft cries of sweet longing and everlasting love.