y time.

kaisoo tumblr drabbles.

[word count : 485] [post]

the call disconnected even before he could say anything else, leaving him frozen in his place and suddenly his mind, clouded by the possibility of an illogical and unplanned intimacy.

he glanced at his wristed timepiece, an anniversary gift from his partner to celebrate their tenth year together, and realised that the next event will resume in twenty minutes. he politely excused himself from the room and as he hastened his pace to the nearest bathroom, he felt a sudden rush of warmth, spreading like wildfire in his body. the thought of having some y time with the love of his life, made him excited.

both of them have been extremely busy of late, and the times they have for one another has been greatly limited by their frequent travels, working distances, inconvenient timezones and tight schedules. 

they were extremely delighted when they found out that they were able to attend this movie award ceremony together. it was even more memorable because for the first time, they both got nominated for their acting roles in the same year.

although they were seated separately since they were representing different movies and networks, kyungsoo and jongin cherished these shared moments together. unfortunately, they were unable to walk the red carpet together because jongin came straight from the airport after his flight from athens landed in the late morning. 

and for the first time in two weeks, they will finally meet again, without worrying about wifi connection when they had video calls, or about unstable internet connectivity to stay in touch.

with a muted sense of urgency, kyungsoo straightened his black tuxedo jacket, did a quick sweep over the lapels to remove any visible lint or dirt and mindlessly adjusted the bow tie around his neck, while walking down the posh hotel corridor leading to all the restrooms. 

he approached the men’s restroom with caution and as he gently pushed the main door, he got a sudden whiff of a familiar perfume scent which never failed to make him smile. it was one of the most comforting scents he loved, besides the aroma of freshly brewed coffee and freshly baked bread.

then he saw jongin, the love of his life and the apple of his eyes, standing in front of the huge well-lit mirrors, brushing his hair back with his hands almost nonchalantly, looking so handsomely comfortable in his suit and when jongin saw kyungsoo from the reflection of the mirrors, he turned his head to face his precious love and his slight pout quickly turned into his signature half-smirk.

“hello, you…” 

“no, hello you…

they moved towards each other, like automated magnetic attraction, and locked themselves in a long, comforting embrace, sharing no more words between them but just soaking in the quiet memories of their days of longing and their nights of yearning.

for them, this is intimacy that nobody will ever understand.