Surprise Visit

Late Nights Make Me Love You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hey all! For my next chapter, I'm going to base it off of your guys' recommendations. Leave a comment with a plot idea within three days and I'll pick the winner prior to writing the next chapter.

 

==========

 

Amber’s POV

 

You’re alone in the room, the machines beeping quietly beside your bed. Where did Krystal go? You need to see her, to verify that there was no hatred or malice in her eyes. Where was she? You gingerly try to sit up but can’t even lift your head.

 

“Okay, calm down. Think. Dreams are fake. You’re alive and no one’s been hurt,” you whisper to yourself.

 

The heartbeat monitor gradually slows down, its beeps spreading out over the seconds. You regulate your breathing through your stomach.

 

“All right. You got this Amber.”

 

The sound of footsteps breaks through your concentration and you look at the door. It’s Krystal, followed by Dr. Bae. You smile at your princess but her face is ashen as she approaches the bed.

 

“We need to talk.”

 

You think how in the history of romance, nothing good ever came from those four words.

 

---

 

Krystal’s POV

 

You turn and look at Irene.

 

“Could you give us some privacy please?”

 

Irene bows slightly and retreats, closing the door behind her. The sound of nurses scurrying through the hallway behind you, doctors shouting orders, evaporates as the door clicks shut. You turn and bend over the bed. Amber’s looking up at you with trusting eyes. They’re a little worried right now, but you know that what you’ll say next will make them look far worse.

 

“I—I don’t know where to start.”

 

Amber gives you an encouraging smile.

 

“The beginning seems like a good idea.”

 

Ordinarily that would make you laugh but now humor’s the furthest thing from your mind.

 

--

 

Amber’s POV

 

“My parents are the majority owners of the corporation that runs this hospital. They were going to give Kai a board position as a wedding gift after donating to the hospital. If our marriage falls through, then my parents won't donate and this hospital will close.”

 

You’re hearing the words Krystal is saying, but they somehow don’t make sense. Board position? Donation? Hospital closing?

 

Krystal squeezes her eyes shut and gently takes your hand.

 

“If I don’t marry Kai, everyone here will lose their jobs. Patients will have to be relocated, it’ll be a nightmare.”

 

The meani

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter