Chapter 1.2: The Ballerina and the Bus Girl

The Indescribable feeling.

This is still Chapter 1. Cotinuation. 1.2 

 

CHAEYOUNG POV   (few weeks ago..)


Finally, this is what I need.



My new haven.


 

I am currently seated at one of the dim spot here in the Ballerina Hall after I excused myself from my bickering friends, Nayeon eonnie and Jeongyeon eonnie. Seriously, will there be a time when they can talk without even shouting?



No, they are not fighting, they are naturally like that. When I decided to dropped my previous course and switch to Arts and Music, they were my first friends. We have most classes together and instantly, we're inseparable. But I guess, today is an exception, as I really need a quiet place away from their noise. I mean, I've been having a stressful week. From the chaos in our house and from the subjects that I'm struggling with..Come on, why do I even have a Calculus subject? I'm an Arts major..

 

Seriously.. this school is really weird.


I relaxed myself in the blocks of chairs here in the hall, waiting for sleep to come.  As I'm starting to doze off, music started to play.

 

I am suddenly aware and reminded that I shouldn’t be here in the first place and this part of the university is exclusively for the Ballet majors only.


So now, here I am, trying my best to hide myself, scared that I'll get reported to the Dean's office. I wouldn't want that to happen because really, can this week get more ….. worst?



As I'm thinking of a way to get out, I saw a girl who is elegantly; walking with so much poise entered the stage. I instantly hide so she will not notice me. I don't know why but I feel a sudden urge to watch her. And when the music starts again, she begins to dance.

To be honest, this is my first time to witness someone doing ballet. I mean, I’ve seen it from some dramas or during Olympics but it’s a different feeling when I saw it live, with my own eyes. Or maybe it has something to do with this girl. She seemed like a pro already. Every turns and lifts were so flawless. Every movement was gracefully done.  I think, she almost resembles a swan.  She interpreted the song very well that I felt all sorts of emotions just by watching her. I don’t know how to describe it but at one point, I thought I was hypnotized.

 

I was about to clap my hands when my phone made a loud ring. I didn’t even notice that I was already standing all this time now.

 

Great.

 

Just great.

 

Why do I always bring myself into trouble? I saw Jeongyeon eonnie's number, and mentally remind myself to kill her after. To save myself from this predicament, I turned my back and hastily run for the exit.   

 

End of POV.

*********************************************************

 

MINA  POV

 

I woke up with a throbbing pain in my head. I can’t remember how did I fell asleep last night or did I even sleep at all?

I’m sharing an apartment with Sana eonnie but she had an over night stay with a friend, saying that she needs to finish a project, so I got this apartment all by myself. She wanted me to join her but I don’t want to be a burden just because I’m a little scared to be alone,  she will be oblige to take me with her all the time.

It was raining cats and dogs last night with lightning and thunders and all, who wouldn’t get scared right? There was a time when a strong lightning and a loud thunder strikes, causing some power interruption and it scared the hell out of me. Good thing, I always have a flashlight ready and an automatic lamp for these kinds of scenarios. After some time, power was back to normal again.

 

The rain has stopped but the skies are still gray. I received a message from Sana eonnie, saying  that she’s already on her way going back to our apartment so I lazily got up from my bed to prepare something before she arrives. As I’m rummaging our fridge, I received another message but from some unknown number.

 

From Unknown;

I see that you’re alone right now. Would you like me to get you breakfast?

 

I wonder if this is some kind of prank, but I have only few friends and I made sure I gave them my number and saved their numbers with me as well.

 

Then I suddenly felt fear creeping inside me. This can’t be him? I’m still avoiding the idea that I “might” really have a stalker.


Few weeks ago, I started to receive love letters in my locker. I mean, I'm not saying this to brag, but there wasn't a day that my locker will be empty of it. I also get a lot of hate letters just to say, but there's a particular sender which is so consistent, that he never missed a day to send me one. I will be lying if I say that in a way, I'm not moved by that kind of attention, of course I'm flattered. But after reading the mountains of letters he's been sending, with his everyday promised of undying love and cringe worthy pick up lines, I decided to stop reading them.


I don't know how he knew that I'm ignoring his letters but instead of stopping, he became more persistent. He's been pestering my friends by dropping his letters to them, hoping that they will give it to me and I'll be force to read those again, which I still do not.

And now, this unknown number.  My instinct is telling me that this might be the same person. I've been thinking of ways to tell how I want all of these to stop but I don't want to meet up with him.

I ignored the message and turned off my phone. This is not the best time to think about how to stop a certain stalker as I’m starting to feel hungry.  Ignoring his efforts may be the best way to say that I’m not interested and I really hope he gets the message.   I decided to buy our breakfast in the nearby convenient store because I’m too lazy to cook. I put on my black hoodie and some red lipstick so I would look decent enough and quickly rush downstairs. We’re only located at the third floor so I don’t think I need to use the elevator.  On my way out, I bumped into someone. He’s wearing a black hoodie too and black jogging pants with the name of my university. If I’m not mistaken, it is our Physical education (P.E) uniform. When I look at him, he’s surprisingly smiling at me. Or is it a smirk that I’m seeing? I said a quick sorry and ready to take my leave when he said something.

 

“Mina… “  he said.

 

I did not look back. I feel all my hairs standing up as my feet stayed rooted at my spot.

 

“Mina.. can we.. “   He’s about to say something.

 

But I did not let him finish as I run for my life.  

 

It was raining so hard outside and I didn’t bring an umbrella. I also realized that I left my phone in my apartment. Damn! For all the times that I need to forget something.. why now? I thought of going back to my room but there’s a possibility that he can easily follow.

 

Then..

 

I suddenly remember her.

 

The girl in the bus.

 

I remember seeing her when I took the bus for the first time. Bambam used to bring me to school but when he transferred to another University, I started to commute by myself.  I would always see her at the back wearing her headphones. Sometimes, I could hear her sing along when unconsciously her singing gets loud. Though I don’t mind because she really have a good voice.  I would also see her doodling something, not minding all the people in the bus, just having her own little world.

 

She looks so charismatic.

 

With her childlike features, she also look so soft and warm.

 

So I made my way to the bus stop, thinking that she will be my ticket for my escape. When I look back, the guy is still following me.  I quickened my step, desperately wanted to be in the bus right now. When a bus arrived, I hastily hopped into it, mentally wishing that she would be there. 

 

 

And then I saw her.

 

 

Just like what I thought, wearing her headphones and enjoying her time. And for the first time since the day I saw her, she’s looking straight at me. I can't help it but I automatically smile when our eyes met. I fought the shyness that I’m feeling as I ran towards her.  

 

I saw the surprised look in her face when I hooked my arm into her but glad that she did not shooed me away.

 

“I will explain to you everything later and I know we’ll get extremely awkward after this, but please help me .. only this time..” ..  I told her.

 

She seemed to understand as she nods at everything that I said. I gathered all my courage and leaned on her shoulder (she got broad shoulders just to say) so I could rest.  Her scent welcomed me with the smell of sweet strawberries and I find it very relaxing.

Then she suddenly held my hands and blew it to warm me up. I felt an alien feeling inside me. I can’t tell what it was but aside from being surprised, I felt something unknown. Or maybe I’m just tired and awkward and thankful and sorry and a lot of things my mind can process.  

 

Hey.. I heard her say.

 

Are you awake?

 

I just nodded without looking at her.

 

Would you mind?

 

I look at her with a confused expression as I detached myself to her.  She smiled at me and quickly removed her hoodie to place it on my legs.

 

You don’t need to do that... I told her.

 

But I want to. Don’t worry I feel warm. It’s not like I run through the rain.

 

She smiled with her dimples showing  and I can’t help but blushed at her gestures.

 

Thank you.. I said.

 

She held my hand, hooked it on her arm once again and placed my head on her shoulder.

 

Now, rest. You have a lot of explanation to do later.

 

My heart is beating so fast and I bet my cheeks are so red right now.  Why is she so kind? I’m not exaggerating when I said that I believe she is good person. Because she is.

 

She is so warm that it makes my heart melt.

 

End of POV.

 

 

 

******************************************************************************************

Hello guys! :) As promised, an update on weekends. Sorry for the grammar errors. Please leave a comment if you're liking the story so far. And an upvote if you really really like my story. :)

Thank you in advance!