Chapter 8

I'm Always Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

the previous chapter was around 80 words, so this one is L O N G. 
my bad, sorry

 

---

 

-1 WEEK EARLIER-

 

Reading about his boyfriend’s girlfriend online was completely different than seeing them together in person. Gripping his groceries in one hand and wiping away escaped tears with the other, Changkyun sped walked back to his house.

 

Once in the safety of his own home, the boy finally pulled himself together for the most part and numbly made himself some “healthy” food. Basically anything that wasn’t instant ramyun.

 

He prepared his meal but didn’t touch it.

 

Instead, he trudged over to the couch in the living room and fell face forward onto it. He groaned before curling into a ball, the position he found himself in when faced with an internal conflict.

 

He laid there for hours in silence, neither awake nor asleep. Just there. Existing. On his couch, food untouched in the kitchen, phone still off in the other room.

 

The boy had disconnected himself from the world temporarily and had no inkling of a desire to return. 

 

But then he recalled what the other had said in passing earlier that day. Something about it being a misunderstanding and that he’d stop by…tonight. Oh . He could be here any minute now. .

 

Changkyun shot up from the couch and noticed the food. When did I make that? Where’s my phone. Oh .

 

After cleaning up the food in the kitchen, he ran to the bathroom to rinse his face with water and try to appear human after feeling like a ghost. I look awful. He sighed just as he heard a knock on the door.

 

Taking a deep breath to collect himself, he started for the door. Opening it, he was faced with, not his boyfriend, but a cheerful delivery woman. “I have a package for your neighbor, Mr. Lee Jooheon, but it seems he’s not in at the moment. I saw that it had a note saying to give it to you, Im Changkyun, if he was unavailable. Can you sign for it?”

 

Bewildered with a hint of relief, he gladly signed and accepted his best friend’s mail. 

 

“Thanks a lot. I’m new on the job and was told that if I miss just one order today, they’ll cut back my pay,” she laughed nervously.

 

“I don’t think that’s right…Why would they do that? Isn’t that illegal?”

 

“Not sure,” she shrugged. “I just gotta make some money to support my son’s cram school classes. He’s practically a top student. I’m so proud,” she glowed.

 

“You must be,” he smiled for what seemed like the first time in a while. He felt broken and as if something was missing. Until this lady’s gleeful attitude spread onto him. “You know, I was having a pretty messed up day. I’m kinda glad you stopped by, even if it was just to deliver a box and do your job.” 

 

“Your smile is pretty contagious,” he added shyly. “Your son is lucky to have you as a mom.”

 

Noticing the loneliness in his voice, the woman rested a hand on the boy’s shoulder.

 

“You should know that your heart is made of gold. I’ve met you for approximately four minutes and I can already tell that you are a wonderful young man. Don’t let things bring you down, okay? This Jooheon person seems t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter