Chapter 1

I'm Always Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was another one of those nights when Changkyun woke to nothing but darkness. He reached over, blindly searching until his hand met with his phone. Checking the time, he sighed and groaned at how he barely managed to get an hour of sleep.

 

He woke up energetic, as if he had slept for hours, so falling back into his slumber was out of the options.

 

Changkyun sat upright and, using the light of his phone, grabbed his laptop and headphones and pulled up a movie.

 

He was tired physically, not mentally, so he didn’t care to determine what to watch. Instead, he just opened Netflix and clicked on the first movie he saw.

 

Unbeknownst to him, he had accidentally chosen one of the other user’s profile rather than his own on their shared account and began watching a horror film. Too tired and invested in the movie to change it, Changkyun thought that maybe his avoidance of scary films was all for nothing.

 

Big mistake.

 

An hour into the movie and Changkyun was nervously checking all corners of the room, lights on and phone in hand ready to call for emergency, more awake than earlier that night.

 

His chances of rest were diminishing by the minute and Changkyun naturally dialed his best friend and neighbor when he heard a suspicious noise.

 

In less than five minutes, Jooheon burst into the scared boy’s room, face full of worry and concern for the “emergency” he was called over for. His alarm vanished as he pieced together the situation after noting what was on the computer screen and how the younger was standing on guard against any possible supernatural being.

 

Jooheon rolled his eyes and approached his friend. Putting a coaxing arm around the other, he sweetly dragged him back to the bed to sit and calm down.

 

“Why were you on Hoseok’s Netflix?” He asked with a chuckle, head nodding towards the lit up screen with an obviously fake murder scene. “You know you can’t handle anything remotely creepy, why did you watch one of the most iconic horror films of all time?”

 

Changkyun breathed, finally relaxed in his friend’s hold, feeling safe and protected. He nodded softly.

 

Jooheon couldn’t help but find the younger cute,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter