Chapter 6

I'm Always Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: 

Misunderstandings lead to unhappy feelings...but they can also lead to realizations of unnoticed feelings that have been hidden all along.

 

---

 

Following Jooheon’s return to Changkyun’s side, the two were once again inseparable, as if the past few weeks hadn’t happened.

 

The younger found himself subconsciously dialing his neighbor’s number every night that week, either to just talk or invite him over. Returning to their first year as best friends, they played video games until passing out and ate instant ramyun like it was the only food on the planet.

 

They laughed and relished in each other’s company. Changkyun had no worries of suffering from his insomnia as Jooheon was always by his side. His sense of comfort. His anchor.

 

One day, the older boy had to return home to visit his parents. He had invited Changkyun to come along, knowing that his parents would accept him and love him with open arms, but the younger declined politely saying that he had already made plans.

 

He had a long awaited date with Kihyun.

 

Once Jooheon left, Changkyun began preparing himself for his outing. Freshly showered, the boy put him in an outfit he hoped would impress the young star and even put some moisturizer on his face, something he knew a lot of people did but never tried for himself.

 

He felt like this extra effort would make today a bit more special than he was feeling. The boy hadn’t seen his boyfriend for quite some time, yet he didn’t really feel that old excitement that he used to just two weeks ago.

 

Something changed, he just didn’t know what.

 

While he waited for Kihyun to come pick him up, the boy playfully looked up his boyfriend on the search engine. Just how popular of a singer is he? he thought to himself as he typed in the name Yoo Kihyun, followed by “singer.”

 

To his surprise, recent articles began popping up. A number of them, too. Wasn’t he from a small company?

 

The titles screamed scandal to Changkyun whose heart began racing and blood turned cold. He didn’t want to pry, but Kihyun was is his boyfriend,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter