Chapter 2

I'm Always Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Changkyun once again woke up to darkness, but this time, he sensed a familiarity in the lack of light surrounding him. He inched his head back a bit to take in the brightness from the window illuminating the face in front of him.

 

They had remained in nearly the same position as he had fallen asleep in. The only difference was the closer proximity that had practically melted the two together.

 

Deep in his slumber, Jooheon’s face was completely relaxed and, if not for the soft audible breathing, Changkyun would’ve thought he were dead.

 

He sighed as he pulled his arm out from Jooheon’s strong hold and laid a hand on the older’s warm bicep. Seeing that Jooheon wasn’t waking up from the movement in front of him, Changkyun turned around to press his back against the older one’s chest. 

 

Instinctively, Jooheon, asleep and most likely mid-dream, drew an arm and a leg around the younger who immediately regretted shifting positions.

 

Changkyun had initially hoped that his new angle would allow him to release himself from the tight hold so he could start getting ready for the day. 

 

Apparently not.

 

Surrendering, he let himself sink into his friend’s embrace. Cuddling and skinship between the two was nothing new. Many sleepless nights were cured by Jooheon’s hugs, and Changkyun was thankful for the comfort he found in the boy. 

 

Lucky enough to be neighbors and best friends, he would call Jooheon over when he had insomnia or, like the previous night, got scared. 

 

In return, Jooheon would make Changkyun help him with housework. Well, more like Jooheon would play video games while the younger slaved over chores the older would instruct him to do. 

 

Changkyun didn’t mind. He already felt like he was asking for too much when he would persistently wake his friend at obscene hours of the night to make him leave the comfort of his own bed. 

 

Sometime amidst Changkyun’s noisy thoughts, Jooheon woke silently. Before his eyes opened, he sensed the younger had changed position. 

 

Deciding to play a little, Jooheon closed his eyes, feigning sleep, and squeezed the younger tightly, his face squished into the back of the other’s head. Changkyun squirmed for a bit but once again relaxed into the older’s arms.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter