Chapter 9

I'm Always Here
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N:

LOL this one is LONGER

 

---

 

Two days passed and Changkyun finally decided to leave his house. He felt hollow from sleep deprivation and lack of eating. Jooheon also hadn’t returned and wouldn’t for at least another few days. 

 

The older rarely saw his parents anymore, so his visits would typically end up lasting about a week. Changkyun considered calling his friend for comfort, but he decided against it, knowing that he would then have to give context to the older boy. And context meant having to talk about Kihyun. His (ex-) boyfriend. 

 

That wasn’t going to happen.

 

Still in the same clothes from the break up, Changkyun reached into his pants pocket for the small business card. Maybe she’ll be there today, he thought.

 

With purpose of meeting with the gentle woman, the boy showered and changed his clothes before looking up the location of the bakery. A fifteen minute walk. Maybe that’ll help clear my mind.

 

So the boy headed for the shop.

 

Upon his arrival, he noticed a familiar warmth and friendliness surrounding the bakery. The bakery and the woman had identical auras. He instantly felt comforted just by the building. Whether the lady was there or not seemed less important to the boy then. He felt at ease regardless and found his “safe haven” that wasn’t Jooheon. 

 

Not that anything could rival the sense of relaxation he found when with his best friend.

 

“Welcome- Oh! It’s Changkyun! Come in. Please sit,” the amicable woman eased her initial surprise and seated the boy with a glass of water. “What can I get for you?”

 

“I don’t think this is the kind of place for waitressing,” Changkyun joked, noting the vibe of the small store. “But I’ll take a coffee,” he offered with a genuine smile that felt foreign on his face.

 

“I’ll be right back,” she mused sweetly before heading towards the counter to shout, “Lee Chan! One coffee and one cappuccino! You better make them quick or no pay!”

 

Changkyun was somewhat shocked by her sudden change in character.

 

“That’s my son, Chan. He’s talented in a lot of things, but that makes him lazy. He thinks he can just do whatever he wants since he’s so great.” She laughed while rolling her eyes. Changkyun could tell how much the woman adored her son despite what she was saying. 

 

“He’s still in school, but I’m having him work here on days off and just whenever he has free time. Of course he still has time for fun and studying. He just has to earn his keep and help me here and there.”

 

Changkyun quietly sipped his coffee and listened to the shining woman.

 

“So you must’ve come here for a reason. Is something bothering you?”

 

He nodded, still silent.

 

“Something happen with Lee Jooheon?”

 

“No no no. Nothing could ever happen. He’s my best friend. We don’t have problems,” he quickly defended.

 

“Hmm. Relationship troubles, then? You’re a good looking boy. I wouldn’t be surprised if you had a lover or two,” she joked lightly, making Changkyun blush.

 

“Yeah. I guess. I was dating someone. Without telling Jooheon. So that’s why I'm here. I don't know what to do right now,” the boy confessed.

 

“Why can’t you tell your friend? Was she someone he liked as well? Is there drama between you three?”

 

“If only that were true. I’d be able to handle that at least,” he finished his coffee and the woman ordered her son to fetch them another.

 

“He’s a singer and is currently promoting his new album. He has a lot of pressure on him and can’t be with me in public. He says that he doesn’t want the media to bother me. Or his small but strong fanbase. That I understand. But then he went on a date with some girl from a pretty well known idol group.”

 

T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter