Chapter 3

What "Love" Is... (English Version) DISCONTINUED
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Be careful... Grammar error... Bad Engslih....(/。\)

'I'm so impressed with you William. I just need a little courage to change things right now. I'm too cowardly to know what he thinks of me.' Seunghyun desperately wants his relationship with that person to change but he doesn't know he has to start from where to change his current relationship.


Beef Bourguignon

"Today there will be important reservations from the government councils and ambassadors from France. I want you to prepare your best food. I don't want to make a mistake even a little bit. This is not only related to the reputation of the restaurant but also your esteem as the best chef in Korea." Chef Choi Hyun Seok provides instructions to the chefs who will cook food for the important guests who come at his restaurant.

"But remember not only for special guests you give your best performance but also to other guests because they are the same, they are special for our restaurant. I want them to enjoy the food with satisfaction and smile when they get home. So give your best food to the guests. Chei Choi Hyun Seok doesn't want his chefs to give special attention just to the important guests and not to the other guests.

"Yes, Chef!" The chefs understand what Chef Choi Hyun Seok wants to not distinguish the guests.

"Seungri, I have important task for you. Today, I want you to prepare the main course tonight, Chansung will replace you at the pasta post."

Seungri is shocked and delighted by the new assignment given the chef's chief to him but also he's worried because this is a very important guest. A little mistake can drown herself as well as restaurants that have hired him for 1 year with ease.

"What do you recommend for the main course for them?" Chef Choi gives Seungri a chance to decide on the main menu.

"I think I'll choose beef as the main protein for them and make a traditional dish of meat."

"Beef bourguinon?" Chef Choi guesses the dishes Seungri will make.

"I'll use the tenderloin meat. I'll cook for a long time, saute ribs, pork belly and red wine juice." Seungri revealed his cooking idea to the head chef.

"I think that's a good idea, for appetizers of grilled Albacore Tuna with Olive Tapende, Quail Egg and Frisee, soup we make Onion soup with onion caramelization, Confit duck and Ficelle and desserts I think we can make a classic Vanilla Creme Brulle with pistachio cranberry biscotti. I will not change your posts other than Seungri, you are expert in your respective field so I hope you show me the best performance today not only tonight at the important reservation but also at lunch. please go back to work. " Chef Choi asks that the chefs start preparing the ingredients they will use during cooking later.

*****

Seungri and the other chefs are currently preparing the food to be served by these special guests tonight. He wants to give the best food tonight both in appearance and taste. This is the first time he is appointed by Chef Choi Hyun Seok to cook the main course, he doesn't want the outcome of culinary school and work in the restaurant in vain.

"Seungri what about your beef bourguignon." Chef Choi asks the readiness of the main menu to be served for the guests.

"I'll just give the sauce and it's ready." Seungri provides information on his cooking readiness.

"Good, I'll give you two minutes."

----

"Done." Seungri finished the meal just in time.

"Nice." Chef Choi rang the bell telling the waiters that they were ready to serve the main course.

The waiters came with a plate of beef bourguinon that had been cooked by Seungri.

Seungri hasn't breathed a sigh of relief because he doesn't know yet what the guests are saying. He also didn't waste his time to be quite. He returned to his original cooking post which was a pasta post. Seungri again cooked some pasta dishes for the guests until the restaurant closed.

"You work very well, I hope not only today but I want you to always give the best performance every day." Chef Choi gives praise to the chefs for their excellent performance.

*****

"I feel so tired today." Jonghoon, Seungri's co-worker complains about the large number of incoming orders especially tonight.

"I feel the same too, I don't know if today will be as crowded." Chansung agrees with Jonghoon's opinion.

"We feel tired not just because we have to cook more than a normal day but I think it's because of the pressure we're feeling because we want to show the best. I think it's worth with the absence of returned orders." Seungri understood the fatigue they felt.

"Hey, how about tonight we go to the club. I really want to have a girlfriend right now, maybe there we get girls. You know how messy my room is at the moment? I don't even believe it's my room." Chansung sighs, he's the kind of man who can't take care of himself. Jonghoon and Seungri know about it and just grin his complain.

"If you're looking for a girl in a club you're not looking for the ideal girl you can make as girlfriend but all you get is a pleasure fot tonight. You don't need the girl for you to date, but an aunt who can clean your apartment and take care of you." Seungri commented with what he co-worker said, he and Jonghoon can only laugh with Chansung's madness.

"Well, I'm serious, how do you guys think this is a joke. Come on we go tonight, okay?" Chansung still invites Jonghoon and Seungri to go with him to the club.

"Seungri, chef Choi wants to talk to you." Sou chef provides information on Seungri who is change his clothes.

"All right, I'll be right there." Seungri rushes to change his clothes and goes to Choi's chef room.

* knock knock *

"Chef Choi, It's Seungri."

"Oh Ri, come in." Choi chef let Seungri in. "Sit." Chef Choi invites Seungri to sit in the front seat of his desk. "You've worked hard, Ri."

"You invited me just to say that?" Seungri knows if Chef Choi is not likely to ask him to come just to say the sentence.

"I hear you're going to open your own restaurant?"

"Yes, I plan on that but not in the near future, I want to have a vast experience of the cuisine. I will use to make my own recipe, and I still have much to learn to open my own restorations." Seungri plans to open a restaurant but he is still unsure of his skills in making food from his own recipe.

"So you still want to learn? After I saw your cookbook at the time. I was amazed by your creativity in innovating the classic food, and I was amazed how you presented your dish, so it looked interesting to look at and invite the appetite even though sometimes it made the food connoisseur hesitate to eat it because the beautiful plating." Chef Choi is very aware of Seungri's skills in processing food and presenting it. He also knows Seungri has written some of his own food recipes because Seungri sometimes asks his opinion for the recipe.

"Thank you for your compliment." Seungri is embarrassed by the praise given by Chef Choi.

"Hey Ri, what do you think of Paris?" Chef Choi suddenly asks a question unexpected for Seungri.

"What do you mean? Paris, Eifel, romantic, historic old buildings, city of fashion and the ones I like best are the food. I love how the chefs there keep their food classically through taste and innovate through a very intriguing look but still maintaining the elegance of his cooking. "

"What if you go to Paris?" Chef Choi suddenly gives Seungri a suggestion.

"Are you kicking me out? I think I deserve to work here if I see my performance for a year." Seungri felt if he was fired from his current job.

"I'm not 'firing' y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter